Does your skin feel itchy, stretchy and ‘thirsty’ after you wash your face every time? Well, dry skin problems are real, and regular soap can worsen them further! What you need is a good face wash for dry skin that is formulated to gently cleanse without stripping away the natural oils. Apart from looking for hydrating agents, it is also wise to pick a product that contains less or no harsh ingredients that damage the protective barrier of your skin.
Well, in case you are wondering where to find such products, here is a piece of good news! We have shortlisted the 10 Best Face Washes for Dry Skin which leave your face squeaky clean without drying it out!
How To Choose The Best Cleanser for Dry Skin?
Here are a set of important points to note before investing in a face wash for dry skin:
- Look for hydrating agents in the ingredient list. The popular ones among them are glycerin, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, aloe vera etc., which attract moisture to the skin and maintain its suppleness.
- If you have dry skin that is also sensitive, then avoid products that contain soap, alcohol, dyes, parabens, sulfates, fragrances and harsh chemicals that irritate your skin further.
- In dry weather like winters, go for creamy face washes that are infused with shea butter, cocoa butter etc., to get extra nourishment.
- You can also look for products that read “suitable for dry skin” for easy identification.
Top 10 Face Washes for Dry Skin 2023:
Let us now look into the top 10 facial cleansers for dry skin available in India:
1. Nivea Milk Delights Honey Face Wash for Dry Skin:
The Nivea Milk Delights Face Wash is infused with the goodness of honey, a natural humectant that nourishes and hydrates dry skin. The other ingredient is milk which acts as a gentle cleanser that removes impurities from the skin and provides long-lasting moisturization. The pH-balancing formula ensures your skin is soft and supple after every single wash!
Key Ingredients: Glycerin, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Propylene Glycol Mel, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose etc.
- Travel-Friendly packaging.
- Delicate scent.
- Doesn’t irritate the skin.
- Creamy consistency.
- Gentle formula.
- Affordable pricing.
- It May not work for very dry skin.
- Contains sulfates and many other chemicals.
2. Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash for Dry Skin:
The Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash offers a gentle and aromatic cleansing experience for dry skin. It is formulated with ultra-whipped shea butter that penetrates into the deep layers of your skin and offers good nourishment. Extracts of Lavender and rose to reduce skin irritation and redness, reviving your senses with their soothing fragrance. Additionally, orange extracts present in the product work as an antioxidant to reduce ageing skin.
Key Ingredients: Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Rosa Centifolia Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Extract And Glycine Soja Extract.
- Creamy formula.
- Spreads very well.
- A small amount is enough for lathering.
- Leaves skin feeling soft and supple.
- Free from soap and parabens, alcohol and harsh agents.
- Contains nature-derived ingredients.
- Attractive packaging.
- Soothing scent.
- Cannot skip a moisturizer after using this product.
3. WoW Coconut Hydrating Face Wash:
The Wow Coconut hydrating face wash is designed to remove dirt and impurities from the skin without drying it out. It is formulated with coconut water, aloe vera, provitamin B5 and Vitamin E, which quench the thirst of your skin and renew its appearance. The cleanser is a soap-free formula which also contains water for extra hydration. It can also be used as a double cleanser to remove makeup without ruining the skin’s barrier.
Key Ingredients: Coconut Water, Aloe vera, Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E.
- Suitable for dry skin.
- Good foaming action.
- Doesn’t leave a stretchy feeling.
- Cleanses effectively.
- Makes you feel fresh.
- Lends a healthy glow to the skin.
- Nice packaging.
- Delicious coconut scent.
- People with very dry skin may not experience great results with this product.
[See More: Best Toners For Dry Skin]
4. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:
Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser is the best face wash for dry and sensitive skin. The mild, soap-free product gently cleanses your skin without stripping away the natural oils. It is a non-comedogenic formula which doesn’t leave a residue that blocks your skin pores. Additionally, it is also hypoallergenic and non-irritating that doesn’t sting your eyes or cause redness on your skin.
Key Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate etc.
- The mild product that suits even dry skin.
- Doesn’t cause an irritation or a stretchy feeling.
- Fragrance-free product.
- Doesn’t dry out your skin after washing.
- Makes your skin clean and clear.
- Contains Alcohol and Parabens.
- Slightly pricey product.
5. Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash:
Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe vera Face Wash is designed to address common dry skin problems like irritation, redness and coarseness. Aloe vera, the key ingredient in this product, offers a cooling sensation on your skin along with softening it. The moisturizing formula is also infused with skin-nourishing enzymes and polysaccharides, which improve the health of your skin and give it a naturally radiant look.
Key Ingredients: Aloe vera, Cucumber, Vitamin E
- Creamy formula.
- Lotion-like consistency.
- Skin feels clean and fresh.
- Does moisturize your skin.
- Reduces dry patches on the face.
- Suitable for sensitive skin as well.
- Doesn’t lather well.
- The big bottle is not ideal for travel purposes.
6. Dove Beauty Moisture Conditioning Face Wash Cleanser:
If you are looking for a deep moisturizing face wash for dry skin, try the Dove Beauty Moisture Conditioning Face Wash. The super creamy formula contains Nutrium moisture beauty serum that penetrates into the deeper layers of your skin and replenishes the lost moisture levels. Apart from making your skin bouncy and soft, this face wash also leaves a delicate floral scent that can uplift your moods.
Key Ingredients: Glycerine, Water, Myristic acid etc.
- Leaves a soothing feeling on your skin.
- Hydrates skin and softens it well.
- A creamy formula that spreads easily.
- Address major skin problems like flakiness, redness, stretch etc.
- Affordable pricing.
- Gives an instant glow.
- Nice fragrance.
- The upper lid of the tube may break easily.
[See More: Best Soaps For Dry Skin]
7. St Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil Creamy Face Wash:
This creamy face wash for dry skin from St Botanica is formulated with the goodness of Moroccan Argan oil which is renowned for its skin-nourishing properties. Along with deep cleansing the skin, the face wash balances the moisture levels. Aloe vera and honey protect the skin’s natural barrier to prevent loss of moisture and emollients. Sugarcane and Lactic acid gently buff away the dead cells to leave your skin looking fresh and radiant.
Key Ingredients: Calendula Oil, Argan Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Aloe vera gel, Sugarcane extract, Madonna Lilly Extract, Pure honey.
- A creamy formula that lathers well.
- Leaves a nice scent even after washing.
- Easy to rinse off the product with water.
- Moisturizes skin and reduces the need for hydrating creams/lotions.
- Doesn’t irritate the skin.
- Cruelty-free and vegan formula.
- Contains no silicones, SLS/SLES, Mineral Oils or other toxic chemicals.
- Slightly expensive.
8. SoulTree Ayurvedic Indian Rose Face Wash:
If you are looking for an Organic facial cleanser for dry skin, then try this product from Soultree. The Ayurvedic formula contains rose as its key ingredient, which heals and nourishes your skin. Turmeric extracts, aloe vera and forest honey work as natural antioxidants on your skin to prevent infections and blemishes. The 100% vegetarian formula brightens your skin and prevents dry-skin-related signs like wrinkles, redness, fine lines etc.
Key Ingredients: Rose, Turmeric, Aloe vera, Honey etc.
- The Ayurvedic formula contains no chemicals.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Easy to apply and use.
- A mild product that doesn’t irritate the skin.
- Skin looks instantly fresh and glowing.
- Overpowering rose scent.
- Doesn’t lather well.
9. Lotus Organics+ Precious Brightening Face Wash for Fairness:
This attractive-looking fair face wash for dry skin is from Lotus Herbals, which claims to use 100% natural ingredients. The revolutionary formula is free from chemicals of all sorts and is suitable for sensitive skin. Apart from cleansing your skin, the product also removes dullness with the help of white peony extracts. With every use, your skin gets visibly lighter and luminous!
Key Ingredients: White peony extracts
- Contains no harsh chemicals.
- Pleasant floral fragrance.
- Use of recycled material for packaging.
- Removes impurities and makeup.
- Doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Adds a healthy glow to your face.
- Expensive product.
[See More: Facial Kits for Dry Skin]
10. ST. D’VENCÉ Moroccan Argan Oil & Raw Honey Moisturising Face Wash:
This best facial cleanser for dry skin from St. D’VENCE is formulated with Moroccan Argan oil to give you a super-hydrating cleansing experience. The product contains no artificial flavours or ingredients. It uses the purest argan oil, raw wild honey, aloe vera and Vitamin E to maintain the elasticity of the skin and restore its moisture balance. It adds a healthy glow to your skin right from the first usage.
Key Ingredients: Argan Oil, Raw Honey, Aloe vera, Vitamin E etc.
- Free from SLS/SLES, Parabens.
- Use of natural ingredients.
- Doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Good moisturizing effect.
- Contains no harmful chemicals.
- Leaves skin clean and glowing.
- The strong fragrance of honey.
How to Use Dry Skin Facial Cleansers?
Here are some expert tips to help you enjoy a good cleansing experience:
- Firstly, wet your face with cool or lukewarm water.
- Take a small amount of product on your fingers and apply it on your face and neck.
- Use gentle and circular motions to massage the facial skin and form a lather.
- DO NOT RUB deeply into your skin, as doing so can damage the surface layers.
- Now rinse out the product with water.
- Use a soft and clean towel to dab the excess moisture.
- Follow it up with a moisturizing lotion or cream.
Those are some of the best face washes for dry skin, which have earned ratings and reviews from many customers. Do try these cleansers instead of regular soaps to notice a visible difference. So, have you used any of the products mentioned in this article? If yes, what are your experiences with them?
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. How many times can I use a face wash for dry skin?
Ans: If you have dry skin, limit using soap or cleanser to once or twice daily. Overdoing the cleansing process can remove the natural oils from your skin and worsen dry skin problems. You can splash some plain water in between to feel fresh.
Q2. Can I skip moisturizer after using a dry skin cleanser?
Ans: Although dry skin face washes claim to have super hydrating effects on your skin, their role is limited to cleansing! You might still end up with a stretchy and tight feeling after a wash. So, it is recommended to use a moisturizer as a follow-up product to maintain the moisture balance in your skin.
Q3. How do I know that a face wash is not suitable for my skin?
Ans: There are many ways to know that a face wash is not right for your skin. Firstly, you will experience an uneasy tightness in your skin, which indicates that the cleanser is too harsh. You might also notice redness, irritation, dry patches and white flakes. If your cleanser is giving you these signs, it’s time to switch to a better one.
Q4. Can Dry skin cleansers be used for normal or combination skin?
Ans: Most cleansers designed for dry skin can be used for normal skin types as well. Apart from deep cleansing, these products also offer extra nourishment to the skin. However, the presence of heavy emollients in them may worsen the T-zone grease in combination with oily skin.
Q5. Is it okay to use a dry skin face wash on the body?
Ans: Although there is no harm in using a facial cleanser on the body, you might end up spending more money! Facial cleansers are usually mild and designed for the delicate skin on your face and neck. So, when you use it on the body, more product is needed to clean the dirt as cleansers are more expensive than regular soaps, and the overall cost increases!