Who does not dream for clear, clean, fair, and hydrated skin? But skin concerns are quite common these days, and one of the main issues youth faces is the oily skin. And remember, it isn’t just about the oily skin, but also associated skin concerns which come along with it, such as acne, pimples, tanning of skin, and so on. But worry not, here we came to help you out with the market’s best face wash for oily skin.
These specialized facial products help to control oil production, reduce skin and pore concerns, and regulate the overall sebum production. Eventually, bright and clear skin will be yours.
Best and Top Oil-Free Face Wash Products in 2020:
Let us not waste time and explore the decade’s best oil control face wash trending across the globe. Here they are, our top favorite picks, curated for you!
1. Ponds Oil Control Facial Foam:
The unique mineral clay formula is a big hit when it comes to cleansing your face of excess oil and dirt particles. Much like a sponge, this face wash soaks up all the natural oils that allow impurities to stick to it allowing your pores to breathe in fresh as you sport a bright glowing face. Be it any season, from hot summers to chilly winters, this can be your savior as a best face wash for oily skin.
Key Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Linalool, Hydrated Silica, and more.
- Easily and readily available online and offline.
- Immediate results.
- Fresh face.
- Not for very sensitive skin.
2. Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash:
Without any artificial color or fragrance and sans harsh chemicals, the all herbal Himalaya uses cooling agent honey and lemon to help you get rid of excessive sebum production, which would, in turn, cause acne breakouts or skin dullness. Along with the oiliness, the dirt and impurities are washed out too.
Key ingredients: Aqua, glycerin, lemon extracts, citric acid, honey, jojoba oil, fruit extracts and more.
- Budget variety.
- Easily available.
- Mild face wash for oily skin.
- Does not work effectively for sensitive skin.
- It takes time to display results.
3. Nivea Oil Control Face Wash for Men:
The goodness of essential extracts namely, mint, leaf extract, and glycerin cleanses and purifies your skin for a healthy glow, stripping clean your skin of dirt particles. The presence of Vitamin E and C in this is among best face washthat repairs and revives skin for a natural healthy glow, and also helps for tan removal for oily skin. This comes with 12hr protection from unnecessary oiliness.
Key ingredients: Vitamin C, Aqua, glycerin, natural leaf extracts and more.
- Long-lasting results.
- Works on controlling oil production immediately.
- Reduces tan.
- Not for sensitive skin.
See More: Natural Homemade Face Wash
4. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser:
Salicylic acid and precise micro technology leave no imprints of dirt or oil remnants in your skin as it cleanses your skin from the deeper dermal layers without over-drying your face. This helps to dissolve excess sebum and work on oil production to balance and even out naturally. Further, any redness in pores can be toned down, and in turn, also opens clogged pores. With its international brand name, this is definitely among the best face wash for sensitive,oily skin for women.
Key ingredients: Water, salicylic acid, leaf extract, flower extract, propylene glycol, glycerin and more.
- Easy to apply and use.
- Reduces acne and controls sebum.
- Works best for sensitive skin as well.
5. Clean And Clear Face wash:
Clean and clear is an expert product at clearing product or dirt build-up and acne breakouts, which is mainly why Clean and Clears oil-absorbing cleanser works like a miracle. It clears the pores from deep within, balances out tone, and eradicates all pimples causing gems. The wash does not cause any dryness and is gentle even for the day to day use. It is most commonly preferred oily skin face wash for girls.
Key ingredients: Water, Triethanolamine, Myristic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, and more
- Very economical.
- Easily available.
- Reduces pimples.
- Does not cause dryness.
- Not for massive pimples and acne.
6. Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash:
The brand, Jovees, has caught quite a lot of attention from the time of its introduction. With mild yet gentle properties, the natural extracts present in this face wash works wonders to not only even out the excess sebum production but also moisturize the skin naturally. The Tea Tree oil clearly proved to work wonders for sensitive acne skin too.
Key ingredients: Tea tree extracts, glycerin, lemon extracts, Vitamin E, and more.
- Works for pimples.
- Does not dry out the skin.
- Fresh face.
- Not good packaging.
- Only works for mild pimples.
7. Mama Earth Charcoal Face Wash Natural for Oily Skin Control and Pollution Defense:
We have seen quite a lot of products in the market, which overwhelms us with a list of ingredients. But Mama Earth’s oil control face wash is nothing but pure natural extracts and real tones which includes charcoal, coffee and does not contain harsh chemicals such as parabens. With charcoal, this face wash for oily skin also has aloe vera which not only controls oil temporarily but also helps through long term impacts such as pollution defense and skin detoxification.
Key ingredients: Charcoal extracts, coffee extracts, aloe vera gel, glycerin, water, and more.
- Removes dirt and oil.
- Controls sebum.
- Opens clogged pores.
- Mild and gentle.
- No parabens.
- Available mostly only online.
8. Garnier Men Oil Clear Clay D-tox Deep Cleansing Icy Face Wash:
If you are wondering why too many women’s face wash products, here is another men’s gentle facial foam product. This Garnier Oil Clear face wash for men has a deep cleansing formula, which helps to detox the skin from impurities and bring out an oil free result. With clay and menthol, it also helps to tone down and fresh skin. It is also among trending and best fairness face wash for oily skin for men.
Key ingredients: Water, glycerin, stearic acid, menthol, mineral clay extracts, and more.
- Deep cleansing.
- Cool feeling.
- Not easily available.
- Less quantity for the price.
9. Re’equil Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash for Oily, Sensitive and Acne Prone Skin:
If you haven’t heard this brand, Re’equil, this dermatologically tested product is now making good noise in the market for its oil control properties. Specially made for sensitive and acne-prone skin, it is sulfate and harsh chemicals free, which helps in balancing out the tone and hydrating the skin naturally. The result will be bright, soft, and moisturized skin. It is the present trending best face wash for oily acne prone skin.
Key ingredients: Citric acid, Cocamidopropyl betaine, zinc PCA, Water, glycerin and more.
- Unclogs pores.
- Reduces acne.
- Reduces excess sebum production.
- On pricier side.
10. Aroma Magic Neem and Tea Tree Face Wash:
The herbal Ayurvedic brand, Aroma Magic, is already popular with its masses for natural remedies in skin concerns. This face wash for oily skin, with Tea Tree and Neem with it, only helps for better – it reduces oil production, controls excess sebum and acne too. It also further helps in related skin concerns such as lightening scars, blemishes and so on. This Blossom Kochhar truly works wonders.
Key ingredients: Neem extracts, tea tree oil, water, lauryl glucoside, lemon extracts and more.
- Free from parabens.
- Mild and gentle.
- Lathers well.
- Gentle skin.
11. Biotique Bio Pineapple Oil Control Foaming Face Wash for Oily Skin:
While the Ayurvedic brand, Biotique, is already famous all across the country for its affordable and natural products, it even has come up with natural and oil control face wash too. The product helps to heal clogged pores, remove pollutants and dirt in the skin, and purify the surface layer, which in turn brings up the natural complexion in no time. It is surely among most voted chemical free face wash for oily skin.
Key ingredients: Haldi Rhizome, neem extracts, cardamom oil, water, ritha and more.
- Refreshing face.
- Clean and bright face immediately.
- Ayurvedic properties.
- Good for acne skin as well.
- Not good smell.
12. Lotus Herbals Tea Tree Cinnamon Anti Acne Oil-Control Face Wash:
Be it the case of simple oily T-zone, or heavily oily and sweaty face with dirt, or pimples and acne, this Lotus oil control face wash help to control the excess sebum production easily. Further, this best face wash regulates the overall oilyskin surface layer to balance it out. A good moisturized and fresh face will be yours in no time.
Key ingredients: Tea tree extracts, cinnamon oil, water, oak bark extracts, and more.
- Easily available in market.
- Controls oily skin.
- Not for long-term results.
- Not for sensitive acne skin as mentioned.
13. Gentle Beast Premium Activated Charcoal Face Wash for Controlling Oil Secretion:
The Gentle Beast has come up with a promising product for the young generation today with its activated charcoal face wash. While we have heard enough benefits of charcoal to clean skin, hydrate it and remove pollutants, this product further also helps to control excess oil secretion and reduces related concerns such as itching too. Be it summers or winters, and for mild to excess oily skin, you may find relief in this face wash.
Key ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera extracts, cucumber extracts, green tea, charcoal extracts, and more
- The fresh and bright face result.
- Reduces acne spots and tanning.
- SLS and Paraben free face wash for oily skin.
- Gentle and natural.
- Not readily available in every store.
- Not very economical.
14. Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin:
The much-coveted Indian brand, Plum, has come up with its Green Tea range and its face wash is among highly trending products in India right now. This SLS-free gentle foaming face wash is nothing but bliss for women who has heavy, oily skin and acne-prone surface layer. The antioxidants present in the face wash helps to exfoliate the skin, open up pores and reduce the dirt and pollutants completely. Further, the best part is it is entirely vegan too!
Key ingredients: Glycolic acid, Cellulose, green tea extracts, water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and more
- Easily available.
- Fresh and clear skin as an immediate result.
- Good for acne.
- Contains SLS too.
15. Organic Harvest Acne Control Face Wash for Oily Skin:
In its latest launch, Organic Harvest came up with the acne and oil control face wash which is both paraben and sulfate-free. With its antioxidants, antibacterial and fungal properties, the product helps to fight against toxins, pollutants, impurities of the skin, and bring in a fresh, bright, clean surface. It is a boon for those with oily skin.
Key ingredients: Neem extracts, Tea tree, aqua, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and more
- Paraben and sulfate-free.
- Fresh skin.
- Not for sensitive breakout skin.
- Not readily available in the market.
How to Use Face Wash for Oily Skin?
Given the above popular and best natural and medical face wash products for oily skin, here is how one can use it right.
- Wet face with clear water.
- Take a drop or pinch of the product on the palm.
- Rub it gently all over the face.
- Massage with circular motions in a natural way.
- Wash with lukewarm or cold water, as your choice.
- Pat the face dry.
We understand how annoying oily skin can be. But these best face wash and trending products for oily skin surely will find a way to solve your concern and give you a bright and clear face. Try them out and you will see the difference all by yourself. Tell us your favorite products, too; we love to hear from you!
1. Besides The Given Products, which Are Other Top Brands for a Face Wash for Oily Skin?
Some of the other popular brands which have good face wash in our market today include Dove, Lakme, Patanjali, Khadi, Wow, Oriflame, VLCC, Olay, Everyuth, Cetaphil, and Loreal.
2. Can Women with Normal Skin Use The Oily Skin Face Wash Too?
Women with normal skin tone can also use oily skin face wash, if not every day, once a while. It heavily helps to balance out sebum production and bring in a bright clear face.
3. Is it Right to Use The Face Wash Every Single Day?
Yes, face wash is pretty mild than the soap which has harsh chemicals within them. So, you can undoubtedly use the face wash regularly.
Authentic User Reviews
We have compiled a few anonymous user reviews too to help you out on choosing the best and right product.
- I am a college student and wanted a budget, inexpensive face wash, especially for summers. I have oily skin in T-zone and normal skin in other places. The best one I have ever encountered today is Clean and Clear Facewash, which helped me out in clearing my skin tone and bring out the balanced and bright face.
- As a corporate worker, I am often amidst heavy work schedules and meetings, along with regular travels. With heavyance, sensitive skin, I could not even find the right product which can control the acne and breakouts. But Neutrogena has saved me in this crisis. In no time, my breakouts reduced and now I have clear face! All thanks to Neutrogena!
- Men’s products are quite underrated in the skincare industry in our country. We too face several skincare concerns and tiny small breakouts are most common. The Nivea Face Wash has helped me out. I sweat a lot and have a lot of pimples too, despite me being near to 30. Now I don’t need to turn back; I found the right product for my lifetime.
- Herbal products are very underrated in India. There are people like me who do not want to use harsh chemicals and for them, I would highly recommend the Plum Green Tea Face wash. You can use it once and I swear, you will never look back. It has a pleasant smell, refreshing effect and also helps to soothes and bring glow on the skin’s surface.
- I was very apprehensive about using charcoal products. But when my friend recommended it, I blindly tried it out. And I should say, the Mama Earth’s face wash is nothing less than a dream. I am a housewife and run continuously between chores with my husband and kids. I hardly have time to bother about my skin, but this product helped me much to balance out my skin, reduce acne and small pimples, and bring in good complexion. I highly recommend this for all women out there who are looking for a magic facial wash.