Mehndi is a form of temporary decorative tattoo, used to adorn the hands and feet of women for special occasions and festivals. It has a special place in the hearts of Indian women who never fail to show off their Mehndi skills, be it weddings or religious festivals. The trends in Mehandi designs keep evolving to suit the needs of the young and old, traditional, and trendy alike.
Mehndi designs on the fingers are important as it lends an opportunity to show off their skills with creative and unique patterns, either the same or different on all fingers. Women nowadays, like the minimalist approach to Mehendi designs, in order to suit their office needs too. These finger Mehndi designs are perfect for them, enabling them to combine tradition and profession.
Best Finger Mehndi Designs:
Listed below are the topmost trendy finger mehndi designs for you to experiment with the next time an occasion arises!
1. Simple Finger Mehndi Design:
Talking about minimalist designs, there can be no better design than this one. It is effortless to draw, yet looks pretty. And it features long leafy trails with bold strokes for the leaves in all the fingers. It is perfectly suitable for all the beginners out there.
- Occasion: It is best suited for all casual functions like prewedding ceremonies or office parties.
- Paired with: It can be paired with anything from casual to office wear with minimal jewellery.
2. Enchanting Finger Mehndi Design:
This latest Mehendi design on the fingers looks sharp and sophisticated due to the bold V-shaped strokes and the edgy lace patterns. The intricate spirals done in a lighter shade look captivating. The string chains extending from one finger to the wrist adds a unique and charming touch to the design. The bold dotted details in the entire pattern are exceptionally eye-pleasing.
- Occasion: This elaborate finger Mehendi design can be worn to weddings and ceremonies and festivals like Eid.
- Paired with: It looks best when paired with neo-traditional outfits like shararas and lightweight lehengas. Modern jewellery like chokers and tassels will complement this design perfectly.
3. Elegant Finger Mehndi Design:
Flowers are an evergreen Mehndi favourite among women. What better way to show off your love for flowers than this exquisite finger design? It features simple flowers joined by leaves and twirls heavily outlined in the dark. The pretty flowers with beautiful leaves are done perfectly with a neat finish.
- Occasion: This mehndi is perfect for festivals like Holi, Diwali, and Dussehra.
- Paired with: This stylish finger design can be paired with long frocks and long skirts along with modern floral jewellery to rock your look.
4. Beautiful Floral Finger Mehendi Design:
Dominated by circular patterns in floral motifs, this finger mehndi design looks exceptionally stunning due to its fantastic symmetrical look. The delicate spirals with darkly shaded dots add sheer elegance to the look. The repetitive spirals and dots look extremely attractive, and this design is winning our hearts over and over again.
- Occasion: This intricate mehndi design can be adorned for any ceremonies like marriages or religious festivals like Ramzan, Diwali, etc.
- Paired with: It is best teamed up with ethnic outfits like salwar kameez, palazzos, or lehengas. Metallic hoops and trendy bracelets complete the entire look perfectly.
5. Amazing Finger Mehndi Design:
The intricate floral motifs with the intervening spirals and netted patterns look quite sophisticated in this design. The bold strokes used in the dots and the dainty curves and spirals add an elegant touch to the design. The minute detailing on the fingers makes it a go-to design on our list.
- Occasion: You can rock this design on any occasion like functions, family gatherings, or any festival like Teej, Holi, Eid, and Diwali.
- Paired with: It can be paired with any outfit like crop tops or lehengas and should be worn with circular earrings and a chic bracelet to leave everyone in awe.
6. Leafy Trail Finger Design:
This simple mehndi design is quite different and stylish. The bold strokes and precisely done leaves exude sheer beauty and add a unique touch to the pattern. The intervening straight lines and amazing symmetry in all the fingertips make this design stand out in the crowd.
- Occasion: It can be adorned on any occasion or festival for a minimalistic outlook.
- Paired with: It can be teamed with casual outfits with lines or leafy patterns and preferably danglers to keep your style game on point.
[ See More: How to Apply Henna on Nails ]
7. Unique Finger Mehandi Design:
This modern finger design creates the illusion of wearing jewellery on the fingers. The pretty lacy patterns and the spirals on the fingers are gorgeous. The bold strokes used in the detailing is eye-catching and beautiful. The diamonds trailing from the little finger, filed in with symmetrical dots and strokes, add a modern yet sophisticated touch to this design.
- Occasion: This striking finger design is ideally suited for weddings and religious festivals like Eid etc.
- Paired with: This design is sure to look incredible with lehengas, long skirts, and sarees. Pair it with ethnic jewellery and a lot of bangles and get ready to flaunt your look !!
8. Finger Band Mehndi Designs:
This particular pattern has small intricate swirls captured in two lines each on top and bottom it covers a tiny portion of the fingers and the rest of the skin is fully exposed. The bands are outlined with lines covered in tiny dots that look really attractive.
- Suitable for Which Function: This is an all-season, all-day style design.
- Pair with: Pair with western or casual traditional outfits.
9. Indexed Finger Mehndi Designs Arabic:
This Arabic mehndi design follows a linear pattern with various motifs and designs it is very intricate and done finely to highlight the back of the hand with flower and peacock motifs used evenly. These Arabic Mehandi designs for fingers give an appealing look to the hand.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for a family function, engagement or festivities.
- Pair with: Pair with a traditional or indo-western outfit.
10. Triangular Finger Henna Design:
Capturing the inverted V or the triangular pattern beautifully on the caps of the fingers makes this design different. The two triangles are joined and made into a complete design for each finger at the back of the hand. The design just has lines connecting the patterns but looks stunning on the hands.
- Suitable for Which Function: A design more suitable for parties and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with western or indo-western outfits.
11. Criss Cross Finger Mehndi Design:
Fingers are done completely with criss-cross lines and dots at the end. Further, the design has a full Mehendi covered with five leaves on each finger to give a complete look for the design. The finger caps excluding the nails are covered fully with henna.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for festivals or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair it with traditional or indo-western outfits.
12. Jewellery Style Mehndi Finger Designs:
the jewellery style mehndi design is beautifully done with a chain connecting the ring and the index fingers. It is done of two curved lines with patterns like dots and has delicate work on them and the other fingers had matching patterns. There is a big designed petal-shaped teardrop connected from the index finger.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for engagement or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with heavy traditional or Indo-western clothing and bracelet.
13. Paisleys Motif Finger Mehndi:
This mehndi design is not complicated to apply the finger caps have inverted v with lines and loops and joined linearly with a filled paisley motif in the centre. The finger mehndi design is completed with curves and dots can also transform this design into many more interesting patterns.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for casual affairs or festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with your favourite casual or indo-western outfits.
14. Flowers in Fingers Design:
Completely adorned in floral patterns and motifs, this covers the index finger till the end of the thumb and the little finger till the wrist. Beautiful intricate floral mehndi designs are made which is simple yet looks sophisticated. The highlight is the curved squared pattern made in both the fingers and a small four-petal flower is drawn on each square.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for wedding ceremonies or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with a nice heavy traditional outfit with bangles.
15. Semi-Circular Loops Henna Design:
The small semi-circular pattern is combined with small loops on the edges to complete the design. Further, small dots are placed on the loops for additional grace. One can always be creative to add small floral patterns or leaf patterns, stars, dots, linear patterns etc. In addition to the semi-circular loops.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for very casual affairs or festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with your favourite casual or traditional outfit.
16. Quarter Finger Mehndi Designs:
Quarter finger Mehndi designs look stylish with the design being minimalistic yet elegant. The design has lines, dots, one small floral pattern and three buds designed on the finger with lovely design and patterns; one can beautifully adorn the quarter fingers. This is an Indian style mehndi design that can be used for small occasions or get-togethers. This is one design that can be made in a jiffy and within no time.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for family functions or festivals.
- Pair with: Wear a beautiful saree or an indo-western outfit.
17. Embellished Finger Mehndi Designs:
This is one of the jewellery Mehandi designs for fingers specially designed for teenagers. This design includes lines, dots, floral designs, leads and diamond-shaped patterns. This embellishment finger design tries to cover the full finger lengths. The inverted v designs have dots on the extremes which highlight the look. This has a lot of assorted designs which makes the fingers look elongated with lovely dark nail enamel.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design is suitable for parties.
- Pair with: Wear western outfits or traditional with a nice bracelet.
18. Leaf Print Finger Mehndi Designs:
One can ornate ones back of the hands with fingers; with these lovely leaf patterns. This leaf print finger design starts from the wrist and has two lovely branches intertwined beautifully running up till the middle finger. The two branches have two; small leafs on either side draw in the perfect same size forming a beautiful symmetry till the finish of the design. An amateur in Mehendi can also try this fantastic henna design.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for any kind of event or just a party.
- Pair with: Pair with your favourite outfit and apply nice nail paint.
19. Geometric Mehndi Design for Fingers:
This particular geometric design is for women who prefer to be modern, different and classy. One hand has geometric patterns done beautifully on the wrist while the other has it done on the fingers together; this geometric design creates magic on hands.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for any kind of parties and festivities.
- Pair with: You can pair this design with both western and indo-western outfits.
20. Linear Finger Mehndi Design:
This awesome mehndi design is only for fingers which encapsulate and defines with lines, dots, circles and diamond patterns which combines traditional with modern patterns. One can add according to one’s creative imagination to take this basic linear design to another level altogether.
- Suitable for Which Function: Best for parties and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with a western or traditional outfit.
21. Finger Ring Mehndi Designs:
The tiny or fine lines are filled with henna or Mehandi appears very unique and the design looks very stylish and elegant on fingers. This is perfect for a modern woman who likes finger rings or any other accessories. This finger Mehndi design has a finger bands design on every finger.
- Suitable for Which Function: Most suitable for parties or casual affairs.
- Pair with: Pair with Indo-western clothing or casuals along with some cool hand accessories.
22. Peacock Feather Finger Mehndi:
This finger Mehndi design is inspired by a peacock feather; the main highlight is the peacock feather and the designs around it. There is a beautifully embellished peacock feather shaped circle on the back of the hand, it is completed by lines and dots and further, the feather has been connected by a chain of dots.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design is suitable for a casual affair or party.
- Pair with: Pair with a nice watch or bracelet along with a cool outfit.
- Feel free to experiment using inspiration from tattoo designs, Aztec prints, doodles and several different cultures.
- Keep it simple or keep it intricate, there is no hard and fast rule involved in applying mehndi designs.
- Make sure to buy a good quality cone so that there is no hindrance in your designs and no wastage of time and energy.
- Let the mehndi dry and stay on hand for at least 3-4 hours to ensure you get a bright stain.
I hope we have inspired you for the next finger mehndi design you wish to flaunt with our compilation of the best unique designs! Did you find your favourite one and save it in your gallery? Please let us know !!