If you are one of those first-timers simply excited to get inked, finger tattoos designs are the best to get started! Fingers are the most sensual parts of the body, especially when embraced with an amazing tattoo! The fingers have small scope for tattoos, but when inked they become the most attractive spaces!
Fingers are delicate and contain nerves passing through; also, the skin on fingers is thin, making it vulnerable to slight pain while getting inked. However, the love for tattoos and the reason behind getting inked will surely mask the pinching pain. Wide-ranging finger tattoos with complicated designs are in trend today!
Fortunately, despite the space restraints, you have a variety of choices for cool finger tattoo designs. If masculine force plays more in your attitude, alphabets or signs on your finger can you’re your mind to the outer world! If you are a lover who tends to showcase compassion, you may choose to get your partner’s name engraved on your fingers?
Finger tattoos are super cute! Be it a loved one’s initials or a simple design with an in-depth thought; we have compiled the top 15 cute small finger tattoo ideas, especially for you! Check it out!
Excellent Finger Tattoos with Images:
1. Keeping It to Bare Minimum:
Here is a nice idea for a startup tattoo idea small, compact and precise. The tattoo concept includes nothing but a small little bird on one of the inner sides of your finger, which could mean anything from carefree and light-spirited to deeply desiring the chains to freedom. This is a very simple artistic tattoo on the finger, which is so beautiful to look.
- Colour: This tattoo demands black or any bright colour for its elegance to show!
- Size: This little tweety bird looks cute when inked in small to medium size
- Gender: This tattoo is gender-neutral. Both men and women can choose to get this inked!
- Tattoo position: On top of the fingers or along the inner side of the fingers or on the knuckles
2. Peacock Feather Tattoo Art:
Here is another tattoo idea for your fingers. Usually, one subjects to abstract thoughts for your fingers and doing so here we have an elegant peacock feather embracing the finger portraying inner beauty and grace interlocked with possessiveness or introvert feelings. It is one of the best finger tattoo designs for women.
- Colour: A peacock feather tattoo should, of course, be inked in multi-colour or in black with a lighter shade highlight border to enhance the look.
- Size: You can choose to get this tattoo inked in medium to large size.
- Gender: This tattoo design is inclined towards the feminine side. So for women!
- Tattoo position: Top of the fingers or inked on the top partition of your fingers
3. Matched Rings Finger Tattoos for Women:
Out of wedlock and head over heels in love, now can be given a more permanent basis with matching rings tattooed on your fingers, a special him and her depicted. These finger tattoos for couples are much like wedding rings except just an inked artwork portraying commitment and desire towards each other. This is one of the perfect finger tattoo designs for pair with matching that looks so cute.
- Colour: A darker shade, preferably black, can enrich the beauty of this subtle yet superb tattoo design!
- Size: Since this tattoo looks truly special in the place of a ring, it should be in a small size
- Gender: This tattoo is for those madly in love or happily married. It’s a couple’s tattoo!
- Tattoo position: This tattoo is usually best suitable for ring fingers on either of the hands.
4. Small Etched Words:
Finger tattoos are the best for small write-ups, mere one words if they could to portray something that you deeply believe in. This name tattoo on the finger can be a life goal quote or a single word such as love, faith or believe like in this tattoo. Soft designs like a star, a vine, a bird and such subsidiary are common along with it. This is one of the popular finger tattoo designs for girls.
- Colour: Choose a darker shade or simply black to enrich the beauty of this tattoo design.
- Size: Based on the font and word, this type of tattoos can range from medium to large.
- Gender: This tattoo speaks the mind through a word, and so it is for both men and women.
- Tattoo position: This tattoo looks cool when it is placed on the inner or outer side of the finger. Usually, such tattoos are great on the index finger.
5. Finger Tattoo Sleeve:
Just like your arms your fingers too can sport a sleeve much like this girl who used one full finger’s length to draw a lovely fleeting feather while the other fingers on either side have small flames raging down where the nails end.
- Colour: Choose a darker shade ink, preferably black or multi-colour to make the feather look fierce, wild yet exceptional!
- Size: This tattoo really is loud and shows itself elegantly. So, medium to a larger size for sure!
- Gender: Women with a louder inner voice and love for nature can get this tattoo inked.
- Tattoo position: This can be inked around the nail part of the middle finger and also adjacent to the finger bone junctures of the index finger, inclining towards the origin of the thumb.
[ See More: Foot Tattoo Ideas ]
6. Star Struck Finger Tattoos for Girls:
Stars are a good cryptic message giver. They can mean anything from natural to fantasy, from glitters of a golden life to glimmers of a dazzling dream. In this tattoo on the finger, here we see a collection of constellations, a streak of star silhouettes embracing her finger.
- Colour: Pick black or multi-colour watch the stars shine vibrantly within your thematic thoughts.
- Size: This tattoo has to be in the medium to large size to make the visibility quotient better.
- Gender: This is for the feminine gender, for sure!
- Tattoo position: Choose the lower part of your ring finger to add beauty to these shining stars that’ll add glitter to your inner mind!
7. New Creativity:
This is a skull tattoo drawn on the finger, precisely taking up two consecutive fingers to complete the ink work in such a way that each part of the face is equally etched on the finger. This way, when you bring in the fingers close enough to each other, the full face is displayed. These types of tattoos on fingers add excitement for users while they are sporting. This is the best example of a single tattoo on fingers.
- Colour: Pick black or bright red to make the fierce skull speak volumes in people’s minds.
- Size: This tattoo has to be inked in medium to large size to make it visible.
- Gender: The skull tattoo is inclined towards the masculine gender
- Tattoo position: Choose the horizontal space covering both the index and the middle fingers as such with the upper jaw on the middle finger and the lower jaw on the index to make the tattoo look realistically fierce while it plays with your finger movement.
8. A Floral Concept:
Flowers are a common tattoo art design, and this is why in this middle finger tattoo we have given the finger a nice feminine yet powerful touch with the aromatic king of flowers, the majestic rose. Red and blooming, these roses can also accompany vines and leaves if wished.
- Colour: This is a multi-colour tattoo specifically engaging black, red and green colours.
- Size: The flowers with thin stems can be visible only when inked in medium to large size.
- Gender: Flowers and women are synonyms to beauty, and so this tattoo design is inclined towards women!
- Tattoo position: Get this inked across the inward length of the ring, middle or index fingers and flaunt your beautiful tattoo!
9. Bow with Arrow Tattoo Pattern:
A sign of commitment, best friends, glued at the hips, here is a perfect lover or best friend tattoo where one can be the bow to the other ones’ arrow. This type of love tattoo on finger is mostly preferable by most of the artists who have no limit to think.
- Colour: This intense bow and arrow tattoo will look extraordinary if inked in darker shades like black or brighter shades like red and green.
- Size: This tattoo will look realistic when inked in medium to large size.
- Gender: This tattoo is for those women who have an attractive, impactful mindset!
- Tattoo position: the bow and arrow will look truly real when inked on the two index fingers. The bow can embrace the left index finger while the arrow can pitch into the right index finger making the sign obvious to anyone who sees it!
[ See More: Full Sleeve Tattoos ]
Get these clefs etched into your fingers if you are a musician or even a music lover. Just by watching them, people will know about your interest in music. They are extremely small and quite attractive. This type of tattoos for fingers indicates love towards music.
- Colour: Choose the regular black shade or darker green or even red to get these musical notes inked on your fingers
- Size: small to medium size musical notes inked one on each of your fingers will show the world how much you love music!
- Gender: This tattoo is for anyone who has an ear for music. So, for both men and women!
- Tattoo position: each of the clef on the upper surface of the fingers
11. Decorative Designs for Fingers:
These beautiful and intricately dispersed designs all over the fingers are placed nicely, and they give a hand an attractive look. They are quite elaborate, and nothing else is needed to complete your hands once these are done on your fingers. They just complete the look.
- Colour: Pick black ink to get this unusually elegant pattern inked on your fingers
- Size: This tattoo design is medium-sized when you see each patter individually, and when you see it as one pattern, it’s a large one!
- Gender: This mehendi pattern tattoo design is especially for women!
- Tattoo position: This tattoo will look traditional yet stylish when inked on the back of your palm, carefully scattered across the fingers.
If you are a fantasy lover and love the mythical creature unicorns, just get them etched permanently on your fingers and they stay with you forever. This artistic tattoo in finger symbolises the more feeling towards the users.
- Colour: Pick and play with the bold Black, Blue, Red and green colours to give life to this tattoo!
- Size: This unusual yet animal instinctual pattern goes good when inked in small to medium size.
- Gender: This is a tattoo patter especially inclined towards bold yet brave women who have a subtle nature in them too!
- Tattoo position: Get these super cute unicorn tattoos designed on the upper side of your index fingers.
13. A Mix of All:
Confused between a number of finger tattoo designs and you like them all, you don’t need to worry. We have ten fingers, and you can get all of them etched in one finger each. They are colourful and quite lovely in itself; each one portraying a different characteristic of yours.
- Colour: This multi-pattern tattoo demands a mix of Black, Blue, Red, pink and green colours that truly make each tattoo embracing each of the fingers look outstanding!
- Size: These style icons can be inked in small to medium size.
- Gender: These are for both men and women who are fashion and style freaks!
- Tattoo position: These will look special and outstanding just above the knuckles.
14. Something Unique Finger Tattoos for Men:
If you love fishing, this is just for you. The fish tattoo for fingers is very alluring more than the other tattoo design. Most teenage girls like to wear this type of tattoos on their fingers for their best deals.
- Colour: The fishing rod pattern goes good with darker shades like Black, Blue, Red, and green, which make it look realistic and nice.
- Size: This tattoo design has to be in the medium to large size.
- Gender: Fishing is a man’s passion! And so this is for men although a few women would love to pitch in for fishing can choose this as an exception!
- Tattoo position: Covering the outer sides of the index and middle fingers, the rod and the thread are designed on the index finger while the fish is shown hanging gently on the middle finger.
15. Hope Finger Tattoo Design:
Last but not the least in the list of best tattoo designs for fingers, this evergreen and most common hope etched on your fingertips will always keep you full of hope. This is one of the best finger tattoo designs for men.
- Colour: This subtle yet truly thoughtful HOPE tattoo design looks good either in black or in any bright colour
- Size: Small to medium size letters inked on the fingers will give an appealing look to this tattoo design.
- Gender: Hope is the source of survival, and it’s for both men and women
- Tattoo position: Choose the space above the knuckles or the space below the nails with one letter inked on each of the four fingers excluding the thumb!
[ See More: Bracelet Tattoo Designs ]
Additional Tips on Finger Tattoo Designs
- Finger tattoos look remarkable but require utmost care and maintenance as they are engraved on one of the delicate parts of the body which is always exposed. So it is highly important to choose the right yet simple finger tattoo designs and place for getting inked.
- Finger tattoos tend to fade away easily, and hence, you might require touch-ups very often. These touch-ups are required specifically when choosing pulsating colours or get inked on the inner side of your finger.
- Deciding on black or the dark blue particular-colour tattoo will offer you with some choices as these kinds of pretty finger tattoos tend to stay for a long time.
- To keep the tattoos fresh and lively, it is recommended to use sun-blocks and moisturisers regularly.
- Colour: Black, Dark blue, green, red and colour based on the type of tattoo chosen.
- Size: 0.5″ x 0.5″ 1″ x 2″ 2″ x 3″
Pros and Cons for Finger Tattoos:
However, finger tattoos have their own pros and cons.
- If u wish to keep your tattoo hidden and yet visible when you wish the insides of a finger is the best place.
- Getting inked on hand can be a problem because various company policies do not allow visible inks and wearing gloves is impossible. So if you wish a tattoo on your hand, the insides of a finger may be an option.
- Finger tattoos like ring tattoos are also a good option to go. They are less expensive than real ones, and they cannot be lost. You can go for as elaborate design, as you wish. You can even make it a reminder, to an event, place, person or a memory.
- Finger tattoos are especially common in women because they are intricate, small and dainty, and the tattoo artist keep creating various designs available for fingers, like small crocs, cursive fonts, pretty flowers, etc.
- The best benefit of a finger tattoo is that they are extremely reasonable because of their and size and they are a good start for someone tattooed for the first time, as an experiment.
- Finger tattoos take longer to heal, and it is a difficult process as you cannot keep it covered all the time and hands are in constant use. Keeping it away from soap and other chemical products is one of the main issues.
- They usually fade during the healing process itself.
- However, if you even manage to heal it properly, you cannot keep it that way forever because they will definitely fade over time, the hands are constantly used and also because the skin on the finger is much thinner, and they may or may not hold the pigmented colour well.
- Getting the fingers tattooed is one of the most painful experiences because fingers do not contain much muscle. It is very intense as the needle puts direct pressure on the bones of the fingers.
- Tattooing the fingers is also a tricky job as the designs are usually small and also the space available is quite small. Removal of these tattoos is also complicated.
Now that you have the list of 15 best and super cool finger tattoo designs revealed to you pick your favourite one and get inked to speak your mind or personality through the thoughtful tattoo language! These finger tattoos are not so expensive and moreover, fill your fingers with some elegance and certainty of who you are! Pick a design, choose a trusted artist and get an amazing finger tattoo design inked for a lifetime! Happy tattoo time!
If you liked these designs and have something to share with us, write your views in the comment box below!