If you are one of those first-timers simply excited to get inked, finger tattoo designs are the best to get started! Fingers are the most sensual body parts, especially when embraced with a fantastic tattoo! The fingers have small scope for tattoos, but when inked, they become the most attractive spaces!
Fingers are delicate and contain nerves passing through; also, the skin on fingers is thin, making it vulnerable to slight pain while getting inked. However, the love for tattoos and the reason for getting inked will mask the pain. Wide-ranging finger tattoos with complicated designs are in trend today!
Fortunately, despite the space restraints, you have various choices for cool finger tattoo designs. If masculine force plays more in your attitude, alphabet or signs on your finger, can you move your mind to the outer world? If you are a lover who tends to showcase compassion, you may choose to get your partner’s name engraved on your fingers.
Excellent Finger Tattoos with Images:
Finger tattoos are super cute! Be it a loved one’s initials or a simple design with in-depth thought; we have compiled the top 16 cute small finger tattoo ideas, especially for you! Check it out!
1. Keeping It to Bare Minimum:
Here is an excellent idea for a startup tattoo: small, compact and precise. The tattoo concept includes a tiny little flower on the thumb finger, which could mean anything from carefree and light-spirited to deeply desiring the chains to freedom. This is a short artistic tattoo on the finger, which is so beautiful.
- Colour: This tattoo demands black or any bright colour for its elegance to show!
- Size: This little tweety flower looks cute when inked in small to medium sizes.
- Gender: This tattoo is gender-neutral. Both men and women can choose to get this inked!
- Tattoo position: On top of the fingers, along the inner side of the fingers or on the knuckles.
2. Peacock Feather Tattoo Art:
Here is another tattoo idea for your fingers. Usually, one subjects to abstract thoughts for your fingers, and in doing so here, we have an elegant peacock feather embracing the finger portraying inner beauty and grace interlocked with possessiveness or introverted feelings. It is one of the best finger tattoo designs for women.
- Colour: A peacock feather tattoo should be inked in multi-colour or black with a lighter shade highlight border to enhance the look.
- Size: You can get this tattoo in medium to large sizes.
- Gender: This tattoo design is inclined towards the feminine side. So for women!
- Tattoo position: Top of the fingers or inked on the top partition of your fingers.
3. Matched Rings Finger Tattoos for Women:
Out of wedlock and head over heels in love, you now can be given a more permanent basis with matching rings tattooed on your fingers, a special him and her depicted. These finger tattoos for couples are much like wedding rings except just an inked artwork portraying commitment and desire towards each other. This is one of the perfect finger tattoo designs for pairing with matching that looks so cute.
- Colour: A darker shade, preferably black, can enrich the beauty of this subtle yet superb tattoo design!
- Size: Since this tattoo looks truly special in the place of a ring, it should be in a small size.
- Gender: This tattoo is for those madly in love or happily married. It’s a couple’s tattoo!
- Tattoo Position: This tattoo is usually best suitable for ring fingers on either of the hands.
4. Small Etched Words:
Finger tattoos are the best for small write-ups, a mere one word if they could portray something you deeply believe in. This name tattoo on the finger can be a life goal quote or a single word such as love, faith or believe like in this tattoo. Soft designs like a star, a vine, a bird and such subsidiaries are common. This is one of the famous finger tattoo designs for girls.
- Colour: Choose a darker shade or simply black to enrich the beauty of this tattoo design.
- Size: This type of tattoo can range from medium to significant based on the font and word.
- Gender: This tattoo speaks the mind through words, so it is for both men and women.
- Tattoo position: This tattoo looks fantastic when placed on the finger’s inner or outer side. Usually, such tattoos are great on the index finger.
5. Finger Tattoo Quote:
The girl who used one full finger’s length to draw a lovely quote “Respect”.
- Colour: Choose a darker shade of ink, preferably black or multi-colour, to make the feather look fierce and wild yet exceptional!
- Size: This tattoo is loud and shows itself elegantly. So, medium to a larger size for sure!
- Gender: Women with a louder inner voice and love for nature can get this tattoo inked.
- Tattoo position: This can be inked around the nail part of the middle finger and also adjacent to the finger bone junctures of the index finger, inclining towards the origin of the thumb.
See More: Foot Tattoo Ideas
6. Star Struck Finger Tattoos for Girls:
Stars are an excellent cryptic message giver. They can mean anything from natural to fantasy, from the glitters of a golden life to the glimmers of a vivid dream. In this tattoo on the finger, we see a collection of constellations, a streak of star silhouettes embracing her finger.
- Colour: Pick black or multi-colour and watch the stars shine vibrantly within your thematic thoughts.
- Size: This tattoo must be medium to a large extent to improve the visibility quotient.
- Gender: This is for the feminine gender, for sure!
- Tattoo position: Choose the lower part of your ring finger to add beauty to these shining stars that’ll add glitter to your inner mind!
7. New Creativity:
This is a skull tattoo drawn on the finger, taking up two consecutive fingers to complete the ink work so that each part of the face is equally etched on the finger. This way, the full face is displayed when you bring the fingers close enough to each other. These types of tattoos on fingers add excitement for users while they are sporting. This is the best example of a single tattoo on the fingers.
- Colour: Pick black or bright red to make the fierce skull speak volumes in people’s minds.
- Size: This tattoo has to be inked in medium to large sizes to make it visible.
- Gender: The skull tattoo is inclined towards the masculine gender.
- Tattoo Position: Choose the horizontal space covering both the index and the middle fingers as such, with the upper jaw on the middle finger and the lower jaw on the index to make the tattoo look realistically fierce. At the same time, it plays with your finger movement.
8. A Floral Concept:
Flowers are a standard tattoo art design, which is why in this middle finger tattoo, we have given the finger a lovely feminine yet powerful touch with the aromatic king of flowers, the majestic rose. Red and blooming, these roses can also accompany vines and leaves if wished.
- Colour: This multi-colour tattoo specifically engages black, red and green colours.
- Size: The flowers with thin stems can be visible only when inked in medium to large sizes.
- Gender: Flowers and women are synonymous with beauty, so this tattoo design is inclined towards women!
- Tattoo position: Get this inked across the inward length of the ring, middle or index fingers and flaunt your beautiful tattoo!
9. Bow with Arrow Tattoo Pattern:
A sign of commitment, best friends, glued at the hips, here is a perfect lover or best friend tattoo where one can be the bow to the other one’s arrow. This type of love tattoo on the finger is preferred by most artists who have no limit to thinking.
- Colour: This intense bow and arrow tattoo will look extraordinary if inked in darker shades like black or brighter shades like red and green.
- Size: This tattoo will look realistic in medium to large sizes.
- Gender: This tattoo is for women with an attractive, impactful mindset!
- Tattoo position: the bow and arrow look real when inked on the two index fingers. The bow can embrace the left index finger while the arrow can pitch into the right index finger making the sign evident to anyone who sees it!
See More: Full Sleeve Tattoos
10. Clefs Finger Tattoo:
Get these clefs etched into your fingers if you are a musician or music lover. Just by watching them, people will know about your interest in music. They are tiny and quite attractive. This type of tattoo for fingers indicates love towards music.
- Colour: Choose the regular black shade, darker green, or even red to get these musical notes inked on your fingers.
- Size: small to medium size musical notes inked on each of your fingers will show the world how much you love music!
- Gender: This tattoo is for anyone who has an ear for music. So, for both men and women!
- Tattoo position: each clef on the fingers’ upper surface.
11. Henna Tattoo for Fingers:
These beautiful and intricately dispersed designs all over the fingers are placed nicely, giving a hand an attractive look. They are pretty elaborate, and nothing else is needed to complete your hands once these are done on your fingers. They meet the eye.
- Colour: Pick black ink to get this elegant pattern inked on your fingers.
- Size: This tattoo design is medium-sized when you see each pattern individually, and when you see it as one pattern, it’s a large one!
- Gender: This mehendi pattern tattoo design is especially for women!
- Tattoo Position: This tattoo will look traditional yet stylish when inked on the back of your palm and carefully scattered across the fingers.
12. Unicorns Finger Tattoo:
If you are a fantasy lover and love the mythical creature unicorns, get them etched permanently on your fingers, and they stay with you forever. This artistic tattoo on the finger symbolises more feelings towards the users.
- Colour: Pick and play with the bold Black, Blue, Red and green colours to give life to this tattoo!
- Size: This unusual yet animal instinctual pattern goes well when inked in small to medium lengths.
- Gender: This tattoo pattern is especially inclined towards bold yet brave women with a subtle nature too!
- Tattoo Position: Get these super cute unicorn tattoos designed on the upper side of your index fingers.
13. A Mix of All:
You don’t need to worry if you are confused between several finger tattoo designs and like them all. We have ten fingers, and you can get all of them etched into one finger each. They are colourful and quite lovely in themselves, each portraying a different characteristic of yours.
- Colour: This multi-pattern tattoo demands a mix of Black, Blue, Red, pink and green colours that truly make each tattoo embracing each of the fingers look outstanding!
- Size: These style icons can be inked in small to medium sizes.
- Gender: These are for both men and women who are fashion and style freaks!
- Tattoo position: These will look special and outstanding just above the knuckles.
14. Something Unique Finger Tattoos for Men:
If you love fishing, this is just for you. The fish tattoo for fingers is very alluring than the other tattoo design. Most teenage girls like to wear this tattoo on their fingers for their best deals.
- Colour: The fishing rod pattern goes well with darker shades like Black, Blue, Red, and green, which make it look realistic and likeable.
- Size: This tattoo design has to be medium to large size.
- Gender: Fishing is a man’s passion! And so this is for men, although a few women would love to pitch in for fishing and can choose this as an exception!
- Tattoo position: Covering the outer sides of the index and middle fingers, the rod and the thread are designed on the index finger while the fish is shown hanging gently on the middle finger.
15. Hope Finger Tattoo Design:
Last but not least, in the list of best tattoo designs for fingers, this evergreen and most common hope on your fingertips will always keep you full of hope. This is one of the best finger tattoo designs for men.
- Colour: This subtle yet truly thoughtful HOPE tattoo design looks good, either in black or bright.
- Size: Small to medium size letters inked on the fingers will give an appealing look to this tattoo design.
- Gender: Hope is the source of survival, and it’s for both men and women.
- Tattoo position: Choose the space above the knuckles or the area below the nails with one letter inked on each of the four fingers, excluding the thumb!
See More: Bracelet Tattoo Designs
16. Latest Finger Tattoos:
Now that you have the list of 15 best and super cool finger tattoo designs pick your favourite one and get inked to speak your mind or personality through thoughtful tattoo language! These finger tattoos are not so expensive and fill your fingers with some elegance and certainty of who you are! Pick a design, choose a trusted artist and get a fantastic finger tattoo design inked for a lifetime! Happy tattoo time!
If you liked these designs and have something to share with us, write your views in the comment box below!