Flower tattoo designs are one particular type of tattoo design that can never go out of fashion. Flower signifies freshness, beauty, nature, life and so much more that people never get tired by floral tattoo designs. While many individuals love the idea and uniqueness of a flower tattoo design, there is one particular type that has gained more attention, ‘Hawaiian flower tattoos.
Most of us are well aware how Hawaii is a perfect example of heaven on earth with its lush greenery, this greenery also consists of a beautiful variety of flowers that have gained the interest of many individuals and eventually tattoo artists. Throughout the years the flower tattoo designs have become more attractive with additions and techniques used in the designs by professionals. Let’s discover some of the most impressive flower tattoos. Let’s go!
Best Flower Tattoo Designs and Meanings With Pictures:
Here are 15 cool flower tattoos that don’t just look beautiful but often hold a lot of meaning and significance. These designs can be placed on different parts of the body depending on the shape and size, let’s find out more about these tattoos.
1. Hibiscus Flower Tattoos:
Hibiscus is a flower that is considered as fragile and unique. The flower is often picked by individuals for getting tattooed as it has a very peculiar shape and a distinct red colour. The greyish shading makes the flower look completely different from its natural look.
- Ink Colour: Red and Black both colours would look great if used to get this tattoo done.
- Size: This flower tattoo would look great if made in a small or medium size.
- Skin Tone: Since the preferable ink for this tattoo is black and red, it will look good on fair to medium skin tones.
- Body Part: You can get this tattoo on arm, abdomen or back.
- Suitable Gender: All the genders can get this flower tattoo.
2. Cherry Blossom Flower Tattoo On Back:
In this tattoo, we can clearly see that the flowers are attached to the twigs giving a sign of more natural-looking design. The leaves are also inked surrounding every growing bud. The flowers look straight out of wilderness which makes the design look very unique.
- Ink Colour: Pink, red, brown and black are the colours that can be used for this tattoo.
- Size: Since the design has twigs, you can get it in a small, medium or large size that can cover your back.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo will look good on the fair, medium and dark complexion as it has some pretty colours.
- Body Part: The side of the abdomen or the back is a good body part.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is more ideal for women.
[ See More: Cherry Blossom Tattoo Designs ]
3. Blossoms Flower Tattoo Design:
This tattoo has cherry blossoms of different shapes and sizes aligned together in such a way that it looks like the flowers are growing out of the tattoo onto the human body in a beautiful way. The colourful cherry blossoms look even more attractive because they are attached to the bark.
- Ink Colour: Pink and green as that is the colour of cherry blossoms.
- Size: This tattoo will look good only if made in a bigger size and body part.
- Skin Tone: Will look good on all skin tones.
- Body Part: The thigh, back and side of the abdomen are good for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Suitable for both men and women but mainly women.
4. Lily Flower Tattoos For Women:
Lily is considered to be a flower that signifies Sympathy, understanding, plus sorrow, as well as excellence and virtue. In ancient Egypt, the lily was a sign for fertility, whereas in medieval times it symbolizes purity. You can add paisleys and curls to the design or dots or other additions.
- Ink Colour: Different colours as well as black
- Size: You can get this tattoo in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: If getting coloured then suitable for all skin tones, if black then suitable only for fair skin tones.
- Body Part: The side of the abdomen or the thigh will be a good body part for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Suitable for women only mainly.
5. Orchid Flower Tattoo Design:
This flower holds a wide range of meaning in different cultures. For Japanese, it symbolises courage to warriors and for Aztec culture, it shows power plus strength. Remember that the significance of orchid flower tattoos can be joined to the kind of orchid you plan to get tattooed and where it grows.
- Ink Colour: The flower will look good in shades of pink and violet
- Size: Small to medium size is good for this tattoo.
- Skin Tone: It will look good on all skin tones except very dark.
- Body Part: The side of the abdomen or the arm will be a good location for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is more suitable for females.
6. Sun Flower Tattoos on Back:
These superb flowers obtain their name from the sun that is a massive ball of energy. Therefore, these flowers also, represent energy plus impressive passion. Sunflowers represent good luck, destiny, warmth in the life and personality of the person.
- Ink Colour: Yellow, Orange, Brown and green
- Size: Small to medium size of design will look good.
- Skin Tone: Since this is a coloured tattoo it will look good on all skin tones.
- Body Part: Get this tattoo on your back, arm or thigh.
- Suitable Gender: Mainly this is a type of flower tattoo for women.
7. Lotus Flower Tattoo Designs For Girls:
This type of tattoo is a symbol of clarity. Moreover, spirituality also is often associated with Buddhism. They contain a magnificent structure that expresses the logic of peace while there are several intricate lines and patterns that show patience.
- Ink Colour: Black is a suitable ink colour for this tattoo.
- Size: One can get this tattoo in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: This intricate tattoo will be better for fair to medium skin tone.
- Body Part: This tattoo being big will look good on the back or the abdomen.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is suitable for all genders.
8. Daisy Flower Tattoos For Females:
Daisy tattoo designs, resting on the ankle, foot otherwise shoulder, for instance, are pretty plus delicate. The Daisy is a blossom which symbolizes purity, devotion in love, cleanliness also faith.
- Ink Colour: Black as well as pink colours.
- Size: The daisy is preferred to be made in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Suitable for fair to medium skin tone people.
- Body Part: You can get this tattoo inked on your arm or shoulders.
- Suitable Gender: This flower is more suitable for a female.
9. Colourful Floral Tattoo Designs:
This is a very attractive looking female flower tattoo design. The colours in here enhance the beauty of the flowers whereas the leaves and birds just make it more alluring. It is like a piece of nature on your body in the most natural colours like olive green and pastel pinks and oranges.
- Ink Colour: Pink, orange, yellow, red, green, brown, etc.
- Size: This is a flower tattoo on arms and back and will look good if medium or large in size.
- Skin Tone: Suitable for all skin tones because of its colours.
- Body Part: The back and the nape of the neck, as well as the shoulder, is a great body part.
- Suitable Gender: This design is most suitable for women.
10. Japanese Flower Tattoos:
The flowers in this tattoo are designed very artistically and perfectly in alignment which gives them a unique look. The leaves in here add and the extra touch of attraction making this inspired by Japanese Flowers tattoo look very attractive.
- Ink Colour: Black and shades of brown and green.
- Size: Medium to large size will be suitable for getting this tattoo.
- Skin Tone: Suitable for fair to medium skin tones.
- Body Part: Thigh and shoulder is a good body part of this design.
- Suitable Gender: This flower is the best tattoo for girls will also look good on men.
11. Black Flower Tattoos For Men:
This is a more freestyle yet nature-inspired black and grey flower tattoo. The leaves have an Aztec effect whereas the petals of the flower are covered in very minute dots making this design one of its kind. The dots and the fine lines are the true highlight of this tattoo and make it look different.
- Ink Colour: Black and grey will be suitable ink colours for this tattoo.
- Size: This tattoo design will look good in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Fair to medium skin tone can choose this tattoo design.
- Body Part: The shoulder and arm will be a good body part.
- Suitable Gender: Suitable for men as well as women.
12. Rose Flower Tattoos For Girls:
The rose has to be the oldest flower to inspire tattoo artists in India, also known as the King/Queen of flowers, it has been the ideal example of beauty in the flower kingdom and has many different types and colours.
- Ink Colour: Red and Black are more suitable colours.
- Size: Small to medium size will look good for this tattoo.
- Skin Tone: Fair to wheatish skin tone can get this tattoo.
- Body Part: You can get this tattoo on arm or your calf.
- Suitable Gender: Rose is though loved by women is suitable for both genders.
[ See More: Best Rose Tattoo Designs ]
13. Blue Flower Tattoos On Arm:
This flower tattoo design on arm consists of a variety of pretty looking flowers that have been placed together in such a way that they don’t look odd. This kind of tattoo is very attention-grabbing as it is unique. The colour and repetition of flowers make this outstanding.
- Ink Colour: Blue, dark blue, black, grey
- Size: This tattoo will look good if made in medium to large size.
- Skin Tone: Suitable for most people with a lighter skin tone.
- Body Part: The arm and calf is a good location for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: This design is ideal for both men and women.
See More: Round Tattoo Designs
14. Butterfly Flower Tattoo:
A butterfly peacefully sitting on a flower is a sight to behold. The image is very mesmerizing as both are two most beautiful elements of nature and seeing them come together in a tattoo is just perfect. The flower is surrounded by leaves on two ends makes the tattoo look complete.
- Ink Colour: Blue, pink, red, yellow etc.
- Size: Small to medium size will be good for this tattoo.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo will look good on all skin tones.
- Body Part: Shoulder or arm is a good body part for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Suitable for mostly female.
15. Tribal Flower Tattoo Design on Feet:
Many tribes have their own significant flower and plant that they preach and worship or use the most. Here is a small flower tattoo with its twigs and leaves intact but made with a very fine needle and very less amount of ink in pretty colours to enhance the beauty of the tattoo.
- Ink Colour: Orange, red, yellow and shades of green.
- Size: This intricate tattoo will only look good in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Suitable for all skin tones as it is a coloured tattoo.
- Body Part: The feet and wrist are suitable for this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo design is more suitable for women as it looks very delicate.
Additional Tips and Tricks about Flower Tattoo Designs:
- Find out and research about the flower you want to get tattooed.
- Research as much as possible and finalise a couple of designs so that it becomes easy for you to pick one.
- Try picking a flower that signifies you and the qualities you possess as well as completely suits your personality.
- Take good aftercare measures suggested by your tattoo artist so that your tattoo stays intact for a very long. time.
- Check the validity and experience of the tattoo artist before getting inked by them.
A flower is loved by one and all, its fragrance, beauty cannot be ignored by anyone, similarly, if you get a flower tattoo, you are surely going to grab a lot of attention. You can also choose a flower that holds the meaning of words that mean a lot to you, and this can be used in female flower tattoo design as men. So next time if you plan to get a tattoo you definitely know the category to look under.