Why are formal hairstyles for long hair required? Well if you are wondering about the same, forget not, the first impression is the best impression. Your appearance, attitude, and look matter, especially if you are a working woman in office spaces. Be it a neat bun or messy bun or a good high pony, all that requires is precision and a formal look to get you all attention you deserve.
Now get the latest and best looks for this year to rock your office looks on day to day basis. Be it a normal day at work, simple meetings, or heavy corporate parties, we got you all covered. Continue reading to find out the interesting and unique best formal hairstyles for long hair. We promise you will not be disappointed!
Simple and Latest Formal Hairstyles for Women with Long Hair:
Flaunt your long and sleek hair with these latest formal hairstyles for long hair. They are stylish and edgy, and also are the first to give the best impression.
1. Easy Braided Formal Hairstyles for Long Hair:
If you are looking for formal and semi formal hairstyles for long hair that are quick and easy to do in a jiffy, there is nothing better than this simple braided look. The women’s braided long hairstyle is perfect for any woman who loves to keep it simple yet elegant, clean and contemporary. The hairstyle is ideal for all hair textures and will undoubtedly lend you a very sophisticated glam quotient.
2. Sleek Long Ponytail Hairstyle for Offices:
You can also check out this sleek and chic long length hairstyle ponytail for women. This is another easy to do formal hairstyles choice, yet it does not take up your time and in turn, also does not compromise in giving you elegant and stylish looks. This formal hairstyle is for long hairsuitsoffice-related events such as meetings, gatherings or interviews.
3. Polished Bun:
Buns can come in several variants. It is up to you on what bun and style you feel comfortable the best in! This easy semi formal hairstyles for long hair is among easiest bun one can ever think of. It does not look quite formal, fits in the perfect bracket of informal, and has the sophisticated and edgy look. Women who love to have the twisty and rolled in kind of bun can quite like this style. In case you are wondering this can be challenging to do, well you are wrong as this is quite easy as well and will quickly give you the best look.
How to Do:
- Make high pony at first.
- Make sure you brush pony well without any tangles.
- Twist in your hair in the form of a knot.
- Fold the edges of hair inside.
- Make sure to use bobby pins to hold in the hair.
- That is it, you are good to go.
- Perfect Hair Type: Those with straight and wavy hair can try this style out.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this if you have an oval and elongated face shape style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 30s are the best fit into this semi-formal look.
- Preferable Dresses: White shirt and pants or skirt can be good. One can ever wear jeans and shirts to look semiformal.
- Best Occasion: Wear this for casual office days if you like dressing up.
- Best Season: Summers and monsoons are the perfect styles to try out this one.
4. Tucked Informal Bun :
In case you have good thick hair, well there is no looking back to do a nice tight bun. There is nothing like elegance and smartness a tight bun can add to it. It looks quite edgy and appealing at the same time. Further, this is quite easy to do as well and hence no worries on how to go about for even urgent meetings at your hand! Here is how to nail this formal hairstyle for long thin hair.
How to Do:
- Firstly braid hair neatly after combing well.
- Make sure braid is polished in the same manner.
- Braid till half of the hair and fold it similarly as shown above.
- Make sure the bun is on top and braid is hidden.
- You are good to go now!
- Perfect Hair Type: Straight and wavy hair are best for this style.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this style for round and oval shape face.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 30s are good to go in this look.
- Preferable Dresses: Wear this for jeans and shirt or tops to look good.
- Best Occasion: One can prefer to go in this style during formal team lunches.
- Best Season: Winters are good to go in this look.
5. Twist Bun with Edge:
There are certain hairstyle looks which can be apt and stylish in whatsoever manner you manage to do it. This is one of them. This long curly formal hairstyle is a bun in different tucked in form and looks quite edgy and stylish without fail. Those who love to have a bun in heavy and stylish form should not miss this out. However, this takes little time and patience to finish, but the result is gorgeous as you see it!this is also a good formal party hairstyle for long hair.
How to Do:
- Brush hair very well.
- Take hair to one side all at a time by twisting the hair well.
- Keep twisting hair from one end to another by taking hair from another side near the head portion.
- Do this till the end and keep elastic.
- Now twist the entire portion into a bun.
- Tuck it well into clips and bands.
- Perfect Hair Type: Curly and wavy hairs are the best for this style.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this style for oval and square face shape women.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in the 30s are perfect to look youthful and radiant.
- Preferable Dresses: Women can wear this with a nice sleek dress to look gorgeous.
- Best Occasion: Wear this style for parties and corporate dinners to give a great impression.
- Best Season: winters are good to go in here.
6. Rolled Up Low Bun:
Those who love intrinsic hairstyles can relate to this style. This has intricate details and a style quotient within this. It looks supreme, stylish, and classy at the same time. If you are wondering if it may be among difficult styles, well you are wrong. Here we are to tell you how best to nail this style. This is among the easiest formal hairstyles for long straight hair.
How to Do:
- Comb hair well without tangles.
- Put the headband on combed hair.
- To the band, tuck in hair from both ends.
- Make sure all strands are neatly tucked.
- That it is, you are good to go.
- Perfect Hair Type: Long and straight texture hair are the best fit here.
- Perfect Face Shape: Women in round, oval and square shapes can try the style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 20s only.
- Preferable Dresses: Wear a nice ethnic dress or formal as you wish.
- Best Occasion: This formal updo hairstyle for long hair is good to go during office meetings and presentations.
- Best Season: Monsoons are perfect for this style.
7. Low Texture Messy Bun:
The low texture and messy form of the bun is no wonder among the most wanted style by young women who wants to flaunt their style. If you are someone who loves to hang in there and experiment with different kinds of bun, do not miss this one out. It is quite easy to do and can be best done by all hair types. Try this formal hairstyle for long thick hair out, and you will surely not be disappointed with the way it appears.
- Perfect Hair Type: Wavy and straight hair women can best try this style out.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this style for women in the round and heart face shape.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their late 20s and early 30s are best suited to look graceful and youthful.
- Preferable Dresses: Western stylish shirts and tops with skirts are best, and formal dress is also good to go.
- Best Occasion: Wear this formal office corporate party at night.
- Best Season: Summers and winters are good to go with this style.
8. High Messy Bun:
Gone are the days we think messy bun isn’t a formal style or doesn’t appeal well. If you are wondering so, worry not. Because this messy high bun is among one of our absolute favourites and we cannot wait but style this amazingly on several formal occasions. This easy formal updo for long hair is quite easy to do as well and is best done if you have the art of teasing your hair well.
- Perfect Hair Type: Those with straight and wavy hair are best fit in here.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this style only for oval face shape women.
- Ideal Age Group: 20s women in age are best suitable for this style.
- Preferable Dresses: Wear a semi-casual outfit in this style like a dress or skirt to look good.
- Best Occasion: Dinner parties and gatherings are a perfect fit for this.
- Best Season: Summers are best suited for comfort and elegance.
9. High Edgy Ponytail with Bang:
The high pony is among most wanted and sought hairstyles from long. It gives sleek and edgy look for anyone who comes across this one. This is evergreen and vintage style which can never go out of fashion. Those who love simple and edgy look can never think beyond this style, and it is quite safe to even try out for several events. Here is how to do this one. This is a good formal ponytail for long hair.
- Perfect Hair Type: Any hair type can try this style out.
- Perfect Face Shape: All face shape can try this versatile hairstyle out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in the late 20s for a best and sleek look.
- Preferable Dresses: Good pants and skirts with a shirt are good to go here.
- Best Occasion: Formal parties are apt to occasion in this look.
- Best Season: Women can try this style out during monsoons and winters.
10. Funky Fishtail Braid:
This funky fishtail is not difficult to do at all. If you are someone who loves braiding style in semi-formal events and parties then well why not go ahead and try this style out. This woman is flaunting her fishtail braid stylishly without any effort. This effortless look is filled with grace and elegance, and we cannot stop admiring this look!
- Perfect Hair Type: Those with any hair type and texture can fit in this style.
- Perfect Face Shape: Wear this style if you have oval, square and heart face shape.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in the late 20s are a good fit in this style.
- Preferable Dresses: Wear this for good jeans or skirt with tops.
- Best Occasion: Dinners or parties are good to attend in this style.
- Best Season: Winters is a good time to flaunt in this style.
11. High Puff Pony:
All of us love vintage. The vibe and style it gives and delivers are different altogether into another level. This long wavy formal hairstyle which is in vintage form is stylish and elegant, no doubt you will love it. The puffy look is among most loved further, and this puffy up pony can be among best style if you are lover and sucker of fashion and trends.
- Perfect Hair Type: Wavy hairs are perfect fit and texture in here.
- Perfect Face Shape: Women in oval and round face shape can try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in the late 20s and 30s can be good to go in this style.
- Preferable Dresses: Only formal skirts and shirt are good and ideal here.
- Best Occasion: Wearing this style to office presentations and formal meetings will elevate your style up.
- Best Season: Any season time is good to go in this look.
12. Braided Hair Leave Style:
This look is done through hair highlighting into the maroonish red shade. Women who love to handle new experiments in style and want to give edgy formal looks should not miss this one out. All you need is after hair colouring, just braid hair in a tiny, sleek way from two sides in two different layers. That is it, leave the rest of your hair and you are good to go! This is a good formal hairstyle for long curly hair.
- Perfect Hair Type: Wear this style for wavy hair or curly hair for the best look.
- Perfect Face Shape: Women with any face shape can best try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s are youthful to try this look.
- Preferable Dresses: Wear casual clothes to look amazing as the hair is bold.
- Best Occasion: Team dinners are a perfect formal occasion to look into this style.
- Best Season: Winter and monsoon seasons are perfect for this hairstyle.
- Here are a few additional tips from us to give the best look to informal styles.
- Make sure hair spray is essential here. They manage to give a polished look throughout the day.
- Condition your hair after shampooing. This helps to manage hair easily and be frizz-free.
- A hair spa is essential to keep the blood circulation in the scalp well and manage to give smooth and nourished hair.
- This is important and vital to give a shining look and smooth texture.
- Wash hair with shampoo. Oil hair regularly to give it hydration and essential oils the scalp requires.
Given the latest formal hairstyles for long hair, hope you have found the choice which will suit you the most. These are among the easiest to do without any help and are easy to manage as well. Hence try them out and tell us which your favourite one out of all is!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does long bob formal hairstyles suit women above 40 years to give a formal look?
Ans: The long bob is not very much recommended for women above 40 years. It best fits and looks good on women who are below 40 years to have a youthful and radiant makeover.
Q2. Is regular usage of hair spray good for hair?
Ans: They help to stay with the look even for prolonged hours. Make sure you wash and condition hair well if you are a regular user of hair spray.
Q3. Is it good to use a hair blow dryer often before styling hair?
Ans: Yes, hairdryers can be used before styling hair regularly too. But in case you use very often, remember you are exposing too much heat on hair. Hence good hair care is also essential such as almond oil and argan oil.