Formal hairstyles for men are always the talk of the town because they make men look hot and stylish at the same time. These formal haircuts are the talk of the town as they are elegant, trendy, stylish, unique and dashing. These looks are our absolute favourites as they look quite respectable along with a quirk of stylishness in between. These formal hairstyles for men can never go out of fashion as they are a perfect blend of classic and vintage vibes.
Continue reading to know more about the best formal hairstyles for men this year. You will absolutely adore them and can easily replicate them in your day-to-day life.
25+ On-Trend Formal Hairstyles for Male 2023:
Check out these awesome formal hairstyles for men along with pictures that will make you stand out in the crowd.
1. Side Swept Formal Hairstyle with Slight Fade:
While the side-swept formal hairstyle has become way too common in India, it still holds a classic place among several young modern Indian men. We have a variation within this look; the all-new side swept haircut with fade. This is a trending and among the best formal hairstyles for men that gives on a clean, elegant, yet dapper edgy look. It suits men across age groups and is perfect for those in professional fields. Isn’t it cool?!
2. Formal Hairstyles for Office:
How about this Shahid Kapoor inspired formal hairstyle look for men? This haircut is perfect for giving dense and thick hair looks easily. Moreover, it provides cool and vibrant handsome vibes, besides not compromising on the overall sophistication and elegance of a formal outfit. Do you agree with us? Men across age groups can certainly try this look quickly.
3. Deep Fade Cut:
In case you think that fade cuts cannot suit formal looks for men and such kinds of styles in workspaces, you are wrong. This new deep fade cut with longer hair near the top is a new trending thing on the internet today. With a long beard, fade in the sides and beneath, and longer hair near the crown, this gents formal Mohawk hairstyle is among the most unique and yet professionally best-voted styles this year. You can also go ahead and pull out the long hair to make a bun.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight and smooth hair texture is ideal for this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for elongated face shapes men to get the best of the looks.
- Best Age Group: Try this look for men above 40 years to those in 50 years.
- Matching Outfit: Formal shirts and pants with vests can be a good idea.
- Best Season to Try: Summers can be the ideal season to try this style.
4. Simple Dense Textured Hair:
Well, this is no new hairstyle for men we have come across today. If you are among those guys who are lucky to be blessed with dense hair, and want a simple yet conventional look for trendy style and yet comfortable, this formal haircut for guys can be an ideal and apt match for your preferences. It is simple yet straightforward, giving a dignified and respectful look easily.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any medium dense hair texture for males can ideally try this formal hairstyle without a doubt.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this style for men with round and square face shapes.
- Best Age Group: Men of any age group can ideally try and match this look easily.
- Matching Outfit: Formal shirts and pants with blazers or formal coats with a tie can be a good idea.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is a perfect and excellent match here.
5. Asian Trimmed Short Spikes:
Do not worry if you have less hair or prefer short hair out of all looks. You still have multiple options to try out to get that perfect formal look, and this is among our favourites. This brief trimmed formal hairstyle for short hair men, which is done with an undercut near the sides and brushed hair near the crown, can be ideal and yet professional in an easy sense. It is easy to do and is best for men who want a youthful style.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can quickly try and match this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for round, oval and elongated face shapes for men.
- Best Age Group: Try this style for those men over the age of 30s.
- Matching Outfit: Casual shirts and pants can also be useful in this style, along with blazers and vests.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and spring seasons are an ideal match here.
6. Side Combed Look:
Among several simple and dignified looks trending across, this side slicked and combed style is quite famous and has already been well known for ages together. Men who aren’t much about experimenting, and like comb overlooks can try this hairstyle quickly. It is super easy, comfortable and hardly takes any time to get done. You can go ahead and experiment with light fade near the sides and beneath if you wish to.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight and silky hair texture is best and ideal here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round, oval and square face shapes can try this style.
- Best Age Group: Men of any age group can preferably match this perfectly.
- Matching Outfit: Casuals and formals, can go well in this haircut.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style during monsoons and summers for the best comfort.
7. Indian Brushed up Look:
If you are wondering why polished and ultra-modern looks with professional and formal hairstyles can’t go together, you are completely wrong. We show you this mild yet super stylish and trendy Indian formal spiky hairstyle for men. The hair here is brushed up towards the upside and left in a quiff manner. With a light rough beard and brushed up hair, this style is going trendy and looks no less than handsome for anyone who wears it.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy hair texture is a perfect match to this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval and elongated face shapes can be the best fit for this haircut.
- Best Age Group: Try this for guys and men below the age of 40 years.
- Matching Outfit: Formals with either blazers or vests can be proper to go.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are ideal to go about.
8. Neat slick back hairstyle:
One often gets it mistaken when talking about a slick back hairstyle. While many assume it to be only modern and trendy, but not professional, here is one such version which can be the perfect modern version to this look. This hair slicked back with hair gel and combed over well looks super trendy and stylish. It is easy to achieve and is among the most sought after easy looks for men these days.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can be an ideal match here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for an oval and round face shape for good looks.
- Best Age Group: Men between the age of 30s and 40s age group can be best.
- Matching Outfit: Formals with blazers or coats, can be an ideal match.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons and winter season is the best time of the year to try this haircut.
8. Formal Hairstyle for Middle to Older Age Men:
This formal haircut with a beard and neat quiff is best for middle to older age men who prefer to look professional and formal in their workspaces and spheres. While most of us associate long beards to be unprofessional, unlike the other times, this neatly combed long beard is super stylish and looks youthful too. Those who love such bold styles can try it out.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy and curly hair texture can be the best match for this hairstyle.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval and elongated face shapes only fit best in this haircut.
- Best Age Group: Try this look for men aged above 50 years.
- Matching Outfit: Formal shirt and jeans or pants can be good to go, and also can be paired with a blazer.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are the perfect and ideal season to try this haircut.
10. Formal Hairstyle for Long Hair:
How to go match formal looks for men with long hair? Wondering how? This formal long hairstyle for a male is quite easy to go with, with a neatly combed version. It looks respectful and smart easily without effort and can be unique to anyone who prefers to. Try this out, and we are sure that you won’t be disappointed. Be it a case of offices or events; you are sure to rock the look with style!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy hair texture is the best and ideal match here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this look for guys with any face shape desired.
- Best Age Group: This look is suitable for men in the age of 40s and 50s.
- Matching Outfit: Any formal wear can be an excellent and ideal fit.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style during winters and monsoons for the best comfortable look.
11. The ‘Slick Back’ Hairstyle:
The ‘Slick Back’ Hairstyle is a medium-length men’s hairstyle in which the hair is swept back so as to make it look flat and reduce the apparent volume of the hair. Extremely common during the turn of the 20th Century, the ‘Slick Back’ formal hairstyle for men is still a very popular hairstyle among businessmen. The requirement for this hairstyle is medium-length hair, which is either straight or wavy. The ‘Slick Back’ Hairstyle is an excellent option if you want to sport a classic look, showing off your medium length hair outside of your workplace while keeping your hair neat during working hours.
- Ideal Age Group: This style best suits men in their 20s.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear the style for regular office going.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season for the style.
- Matching Dress: Formal black shirt and pants are suitable for this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style if you have s round face and short hair.
12. The ‘Trimmed’ Hairstyle:
The ‘Trimmed’ Hairstyle is a short length men’s hairstyle in which the hair is cut short and parted to one side. This ‘Trimmed’ Hairstyle is great for executive meetings presentations and will probably get you that coveted promotion at the next board meeting. The requirement for this hairstyle is short, straight hair. This ‘Trimmed’ Hairstyle is one of the simpler ones, taking less time and effort. However, with its neat look, it can work wonders when it comes to impressing your peers.
- Perfect Occasion: Style this look for regular office times.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good choice for this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear a formal shirt and pants with this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men below the age of 30 can suit this style well.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with any face shape and short hair can try this out.
13. The ‘Shaggy’ Look:
The ‘Shaggy’ Look is a medium length men’s hairstyle in which the hair covers most of the forehead, drooping down but usually curving to one side. This formal hairstyle for men goes exceptionally well with short stubble. The requirement for this hairstyle is to have medium length hair, preferably wavy. The hair is combed down the length of the head on all sides, giving it a more casual look. If you’re the kind of person who’s known for his sense of humour, this hairstyle is for you! This type of formal hairstyle for men exactly suits medium length hair.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good choice for this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear a nice checked shirt and pants for this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for men in their late 20s or early 30s.
- Perfect Occasion: This style best suits office meetings and presentations.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this look for medium hair and a round or oval face shape.
14. The Spiky Hairdo:
The Spiky Hairdo is a short length men’s hairstyle that sports spikes along the top-middle of the head and short hair along the sides. The requirement for this hairstyle is short hair. This hairstyle is preferable to the younger workaholics, who prefer to do their work while looking formal and contemporary at the same time. This is one of the perfect formal hairstyles for men with round faces.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best choice for this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with the suit and tie to look polished.
- Perfect Occasion: This style best suits formal corporate events at night.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 30s and mid-30s are suitable for this look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Round face and short hair are best for this style.
15. The Slick Side-Parted Hairstyle:
The Slick Side-parted formal Hairstyle for men is very similar to The ‘Slick Back’, except that it requires the hair to be parted and combed back diagonally on either side of the hair parting. This hairstyle also works very well at executive meetings, giving the ‘Trimmed’ hairstyle some competition.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a formal suit and tie.
- Perfect Occasion: This style best suits night events.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good option to try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s and 40s can try this style out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Men with round or oval face shapes with short sleek hair suit best.
16. The ‘Peripheral Cut’ Hairstyle:
This hairstyle’s name comes from the kind of haircut required to sport it successfully. The trick is to have your hair cut along the periphery, avoiding the front at all costs. The process is very similar to the ‘Shaggy’ Look, except it requires ‘bangs’ on the front, which can easily be achieved by varying the comb angle here and there while combing down. The ‘Peripheral Cut’ Hairstyle is popular among many celebrities and is great for all sorts of parties.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their late 20s can rock this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear a sleek shirt and pants with this look.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are best for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This style best suits night parties and gatherings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with a round, oval face and any hair type.
17. The ‘Fantastic’ Hairstyle:
This is one of the most favourable and best formal hairstyles for men with long hair. No one knows where the name came from, but this medium men’s hairstyle sure is ‘Fantastic’!The requirement for this hairstyle is a little longer than medium-sized hair. The hair should be well conditioned and gelled. This look is brought about by using the hands to form a single continuous spike along the middle of the head and combing the front to fall a little over the forehead and to one side. The sides can be combed down or combed halfway, allowing them to curl at the end. If you want to look ‘Fantastic’ at a formal gathering, this look is for you!
- Matching Dress: Suit it up for the look with the formal touch.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are suitable for this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s and 40s can look right here.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this look for corporate parties and gatherings only.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Men with oval-shaped faces and sleek hair can try this out.
18. The ‘Undercut’:
The ‘Undercut’ is a short-length men’s hairstyle, inspired by the haircuts of the U.S. Army. The requirement for this hairstyle is short hair with the sides trimmed extremely short (or shaved off). The hair should be gelled or creamed (with styling cream). The middle part of the hair is to be combed back with a conventional comb, and then the front should be slightly fluffed up to complete the look. This formal Hairstyle for men has numerous variations. The ‘Undercut’ is popular with artistic people, who often sport personal, stylised Undercuts.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this for any age group as it suits all.
- Perfect Occasion: This style suits regular office going men.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this in summer, which is an ideal season.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a suit or even with a formal shirt and pants.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this for round, square, oval faces and short sleek hair.
19. The ‘Short Pompadour’:
The ‘Short Pompadour’ is a short-length men’s hairstyle slightly similar to the ‘Slick Back’, but here, only the middle-front part of the hair is curled back and fluffed somewhat up. The sides are combed back and slicked, and the back is combed down till the nape of the neck. This hairstyle is also popular among many celebrities, and variants can be seen even to this day.
- Matching Dress: Suits will be better with this look.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is suitable for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 40s can hairstyle this well.
- Perfect Occasion: This style suits formal visits and gatherings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with an oval and round-shaped face with short hair.
20. The Straight And Thick Formal Hairstyle:
This is something that is suitable for all men out there who love sporting the formal look. If you have thick quality hair, then that is no more a problem as there is an awesome formal hairstyle intended explicitly for thick hair. This men’s straight and thick hair is something that will impress every woman out there instantly. It will make a man look very sexy and smart. If you are looking for something in the field of hair beauty tips for improving your image, then this is something that will be totally suitable for you. It comes with beautiful blonde straight spikes, which are wavy and curled because of the thick quality. Even though it looks messy, it is very impressive.
- Best Season to Try: Try this in summer at its best.
- Ideal Age Group: Young men can like this look better.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for conferences and presentations.
- Matching Dress: This style can pair with a nice coat and formal shirt.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This best suits oval-shaped faces and wavy hair.
21. The Short Formal Hair Styles for Bearded Faces:
If you want to keep your beard, then this is something that will be totally fine for you. Here is a hairstyle that all men will love, and it will work effectively on women. It is the latest side short and long top kind of hairstyle. There are a lot of similar ones out there, but this works like the pioneer. If you are sporting the classy coat or the Russian warlord look with the overcoat or long jackets, then this formal hairstyle for men will be something that will totally match your looks and will be effective in your role play.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 30s can rock this style totally.
- Perfect Occasion: This best suits corporate gatherings and parties.
- Matching Dress: Men can team this with a formal coat for the look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: The oval or diamond face shapes and wavy hair are ideal for this hairstyle.
22. The Ideal Prom Guy Look:
Do you remember the way you styled your hair to hit the prom night? Well, you will have to bring it back. If you cannot, then this can substitute the look and make you look even more attractive. This is arguably one of the finest looking and latest formal hairstyles for men who have to spend more than half the day in a formal environment. The pattern that this sports on the front is totally amazing, and it can make the man look very admiring. If you are looking for one great hairstyle this season that will make you look date-able instantly, then this is probably the right thing for you. Over that, if you have a toned face, then it will work even better for you.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for any season.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for formal meetings and events.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with a coat and a nice black shirt and jeans.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for men in their late 20s and early 30s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Men with any face type and hair type can wear this look.
23. The Short Navy Cut Hairstyles for Men:
Short hair is probably the best way to portray your professional and formal face. This is something that will be suitable for all men who have short hair. If you have medium length hair, then cut it short severely in order to rock the Zac Efron look. This is one of the finest formal hairstyles for men with short hair, which ways to look alluring, and this hairstyle is something that will instantly make women fall for you.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style during summer.
- Perfect Occasion: This style suits regular office goers.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 30s can rock the look.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with any formal outfit as everything suits this.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is best for round-faced men with any hair type.
24. The Brad Pitt Formal Hairstyle:
Want to get that slick and smooth look that will impress all the people looking at you instantly then try this lookout. It is one of the finest ways to impress all the hairstyle lovers out there. The pattern that the hair sports by parting it effectively is quite beautiful, and it is something that everyone will prefer seeing on a man in a formal environment.
- Ideal Age Group: This style suits men in their middle age well.
- Matching Dress: Men can pair it up with a tie or bow with the look.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is suitable for the summer season.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style for round faces and wavy hair.
- Perfect Occasion: This is great for corporate or formal parties and events.
Read: Top Beard Products India
25. The Formal Hairstyle With The Stubble:
Last but not least, this is a hairstyle for those men who are willing to look their best under all circumstances. If you are willing to sport a formal look along with your stubble, then this is something that women will look forward to. It will make you look responsible and give your that kind of desirable look which will be impressive enough to get all the attention.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s can like this look well.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are best suitable for this look.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a formal coat and tie it with pants.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this look for night parties and gatherings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this with any face shape and hair type.
26. Fade with Slicked Back Look:
Another variant of slicked back look with a fade is here. You can still choose to look stunning handsome, and professional with this formal hairstyle for the boy variant. With slight fade and neatly brushed slicked back haircut, male and even younger age group boys are assured to look youthful and contemporary. This is among the latest and trending semi formal hairstyles for men.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can easily try this style without hesitation.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this with only oval and round face shapes for men.
- Best Age Group: Those men and guys in the age of 20s and 30s can look handsome here.
- Matching Outfit: This style is best only with blazers and vests.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is the perfect match for this hairstyle to try out.
27. Textured Hair:
Short textured hair has gained quite a lot of popularity across the globe, both for informal and formal hairstyle trends. It looks simple, classic and yet very handsome and cool with a smart, trendy outlook. A neatly trimmed short hair with such a textured look can outcast and compete with any other formal look easily, given the style statement attached to it.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy and straight, smooth hair texture is the best fit here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round, oval and square face shapes can be ideal.
- Best Age Group: Try this style for men in the age of late 20s and too late 30s.
- Matching Outfit: Normal formal shirt and pants with a tie can be useful for office goers.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons, both seasons can be good and ideal.
- A polished look is required for formal styles. Hence work on smooth and sleek hair with gel.
- Apply good quality hair gel on wet hair to set it well.
- Trim hair every month as required to maintain and get the same look.
- Do not over shampoo hair, as it may make your hair rough and frizzy.
- Work on applying an oil mask to hair every week for smoothness and shine.
I hope you enjoyed reading about our formal hairstyles for men. These looks are versatile and quite popular among all, given the way they can style at various parties, events and gatherings. These are unique and dashing and are best when matched with a tuxedo and coat at parties. Try these new variants out and let us know what you like best and what you think of them.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Do formal hairstyles suit young boys below 20?
Ans: There are certain events like college gatherings or events which could demand that young men choose formal hairstyles. Hence there are variants of formal haircuts for boys as well to suit and match the demands of these events. Just pick one among them and seize the day!
Q2. How do style formal hairstyles for men stay for longer periods of time?
Ans: It is difficult at certain times to maintain the same formal style when an event or gathering is for a longer period of time. In these cases, hair spray is your best bet as setting your hair with hair spray keeps hair in place for a long time.
Q3. Does shoulder length long hair suit formal looks and gatherings?
Ans: It is an age-old thought that long hair will not suit a formal look. You can rock the formal style even with long hair by looking cool for any occasion or event. Night parties are perfect for shoulder length long hair for men’s informal style.
Q4. How often is a haircut required to maintain the formal style?
Ans: Generally, depending on the nature of your hair growth, this haircut will vary and differ from person to person. On average, once a month or two is a good time to have a haircut or trimmed to maintain the same style or even change to another style as you wish.