We all mostly know about the normal and easy-breezy ponytail only. But did you know there exists French-inspired pony? Yes, you heard it right! These French ponytail hairstyle is not new in the fashion market, is present from ages but is gaining popularity, given the versatile trends and methods one can work on their hair.
These French-inspired looks are quite smart, easy to do, and extremely stylish. Find out more on these best and latest ponytail French style in here. They are also known to keep your hair tidy. And also prevent the damages that might come along with the exposure to dust and dirt our hair undergoes all day.
10 Beautiful and Best French Ponytail Hairstyles for Girls:
French ponytail hairstyles are the most versatile, stylish and trendy one with the vintage look. One can wear this style on several occasions in several variants.
1. French Fishtail Braid:
This French braid ponytail is not a new one we often come across. This style is there in different variants and is among the most vintage and classic style of all. In this case, just French braid hair tightly from the crown side till making pony with hair. That is it, and you are good to go. This is extremely easy and nice to flaunt truly without any hype. All love the edgy and sleekness of the hair.
- Matching Hair Type: Wavy and straight hair women can try this style out.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style for round, heart and oval face shape women.
- Perfect Age Group: Those in any age below 35 years can try this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Ethnic long dress can be amazing on this look.
- Preferable Occasion: Wedding functions or family celebrations are good to go in here.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons both are amazing in this look.
2. Fancy Front Hair Ponytail:
This is a cute quick styling technique in a variant of a side French braid ponytail. You divide the hair into two parts horizontally, keeping the upper half bigger. Now comb hair sideways and make a ponytail taking a few strands and sealing it. Now take a few more strands and at a little distance seal it too, taking the hair from the first pony also. Make a couple of such small tails and for the back hair make a side French pony.
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can try this lookout.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this for kids for the best looks in any shape.
- Perfect Age Group: Kids below 15 years can look adorable in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Nice frocks or skirts can go well in this one.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this style for kids while going out with family.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
Read: Easy High Fashion Ponytail
3. Messy French Roll Pony:
This messy French twist ponytail is a new variant and trending all across the globe. Given that messy is a unique style and trend right now, most of us want to try this trend. This messy hairstyle takes some time to do, but as you see, the result is gorgeous and looks fantastic. This twist is done with the help of a French twist clip and should be rolled around inside.
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can try this lookout.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style for heart and oval face shape.
- Perfect Age Group: Women in age below 30 years can look good in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear western dress or skirts for this look.
- Preferable Occasion: Parties or dinner events are good to go in this one.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a perfect match for this look.
4. French Modern Braid:
This french plait ponytail for kids and adults both can look amazing in a similar way. This French braid hairstyle is done in plait braid form. Those who learn this technique can only work on this style well. It takes a certain time, but the end result is amazing and gorgeous. It is unique, edgy, and classic. One can wear this for different occasions to draw all the attention you deserve!
- Matching Hair Type: Straight hair women and kids can try this lookout.
- Matching Face Shape: Round, oval and elongated face shape can try this style.
- Perfect Age Group: Wear this for both kids and adults before 30 years.
- Suitable Outfits: Nice frock and dress can go well in this style.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this for casual family celebrations to look ethnic.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are an apt time in here.
5. Retro Braided Ponytail:
This is complicated to look but simple to make hairstyle. Those who want to appear feminine and stylish without doubt and hesitation should not miss this look. Those who want to have a simple and classic look in younger age groups will surely like this style gave the way one can do this themselves without help as well. In this French ponytail, it is quite easy to do and can look cute as well. Here is how to do this French ponytail step by step.
- Part hair in two parts at first and make sure all hair is detangled.
- Make braid on one side of the ponytail.
- The other half twist it and keep it till you braid on another side.
- Once the braid is done, mix both the hair towards the side of the braid.
- Tie with it elastic at ends.
- Matching Hair Type: Wavy hair women can try this look for best looks.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this for oval and square face shape.
- Perfect Age Group: Those in the 20s can look stylish in here.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear a cute dress outfit in this style.
- Preferable Occasion: One can wear this while going out with friends or family.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this look.
Read: Prom Ponytail Hairstyles
6. Backward French Braid Pony:
This French braid under ponytail is a stylish makeover which many are preferring these days. Here the pony is done on higher side and braid is taken from beneath the hair section. One can look elegant and gorgeous in this style when tied in the form of a higher ponytail. Do not hesitate to flaunt in this braided hairstyle and you surely are going to catch all attention with this new style.
- Matching Hair Type: Wear this for any hair type as you wish.
- Matching Face Shape: Women in oval, round and square face shapes can try this look.
- Perfect Age Group: Younger age women below 33 can try this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this with a cute skirt or casual jeans to look great.
- Preferable Occasion: Dinners or movie outings are good to go in here.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are perfect in this look.
7. French Braid and Low Ponytail:
This is another quick and simple hairstyle to keep your hair looking good for the day. Make a braid from the top of the hair and take the French braid only at regular intervals. Seal into a low ponytail. This is a tidy and lasting style. One can also turn in this low pony and make it as a ponytail French braid bun for a different look if you wish.
- Matching Hair Type: Try this for wavy hair texture.
- Matching Face Shape: One can look good in this style with oval and chubby faces.
- Perfect Age Group: Wear this look for women over 30 years.
- Suitable Outfits: Nice sleek dress or gown is good to go.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this style during wedding parties or cocktail events.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is good to go in this look.
8. Double Rope French Braid Pony:
Here comes the double French braid ponytail. In case you are searching for a nice diversion from normal hairstyles, all that you need to do is rope form of braid from two sides of the crown. The braid should be done tight, and you should get it in the form of a pony. This is quite a unique look and hence try it out only if you like experimenting and unique looks.
- Matching Hair Type: Straight hair type can try this style.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style for women with round, square and heart face shape.
- Perfect Age Group: Those below 35 years can try this look.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this style with a nice dress or skirt only.
- Preferable Occasion: One can wear this for parties and dinners.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are good to go in this look.
Read: Easy Ponytails For Long Hair
9. Lace French Braid Ponytail:
French braids can come in various methods, and this side braid is one another variant which is quite popular already. This side ponytail hairstyle is very easy to do, and you can do it yourself without others’ help as well. All that you need is little time to get a similar look. Here is how to make a French pony hairstyle in this format.
- Take and start making French braid from one end of the head.
- Reach towards down and get all other hair together.
- Make sure the braid is in the bottom portion only.
- Tie it as a pony with elastic or hair itself.
- It is a quick, effortless, and stylish style for a day to day basis.
- Matching Hair Type: Silky hair smooth texture is perfect in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shape can try this lookout.
- Perfect Age Group: Wear this style for women in 20s only.
- Suitable Outfits: Nice casual dress or jeans and the top is good to go.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this during date nights to look cute.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and winters both can be good in this look.
10. French Pony with Flowers:
Here comes the famous French high ponytail with flowers. If you are looking for a fancy and feminine look, then why budge away?! Here comes the high pony with a stylish makeover. If there are special events, you surely deserve to look unique and elegant too, and this can be the best option in any case. Try this out, and you surely won’t leave disappointed! You can further add the hair flowers or decorations as you wish.
- Matching Hair Type: wavy hair texture can go well in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this for any face shape as you wish.
- Perfect Age Group: Those women below their mid-30s can look good.
- Suitable Outfits: Nice sleek dress or gown can look amazing.
- Preferable Occasion: Wedding parties or receptions is good to go in here.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style during any season as you wish.
Read: Different Ponytail Styles
Here come a few suggestions on maintaining French ponytails,
- Make sure to secure your hair well when styled accordingly as most of the French braid requires good pins and elastics so that they don’t move from the place.
- Apply hair spray after styling for it to stay for longer. You can also add in spray in between events or day.
- Condition hair well in order makes it look shiny and smooth.
- Work on good hair nourishment and hydration without fail. Else your hair may look dull and may not look good with French pony or braids.
- Do not sleep on the style for the night. Remove all styling by the end of the day.
These French ponytail hairstyles are not it but given are among the most popular ones. These can be further altered and customized as you may like to look simpler or much trendy and elegant. Hence try these out as you wish and you surely will not regret. Choose as per your liking, features, and occasions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
1. Can I work on French braid pony every day? Will it damage hair?
Ans: Any hairstyle should be taken care to avoid hair damage. In case you are not using heating tools, then you are good to go. Or else it is advised to let have hair some time to breathe and also take good hair care routine with essential oils to avoid dullness and damage.
Q2. Does French fishtail braid look good on women over 40 years?
Ans: The French braid is versatile for everyone in any age group. But in case you want to try out fishtail braid, try and do in braided bun format to look good at your age group. You can even do the classic French braid to look good on you.
Q3. Can kids look good in French bun?
Ans: Try and prefer many youthful styles for kids like loose braids or messy buns. These can look gorgeous on them than polished French bun.