Yoga is an ancient practice originating in India whose popularity is quickly spreading globally. At the same time, hand gestures are an integral part of Yoga which offers several health benefits. Used during yoga and meditation practice, Ganesha Mudra helps channel the vital life force’s flow in our body. Ganesh Mudra is believed to eliminate obstacles by invoking Lord Ganesha’s energy, hence the name. Furthermore, practising this Mudra helps you overcome anything holding you back by enhancing self-confidence and courage.
Therefore, go through this article to learn more about the benefits associated with Ganesh Mudra. Read on!
Ganesha Mudra Posture and How to Do It?:
Performing the Ganesh Mudra becomes more efficient when you combine it with the chanting of the Ganesh Mantra “Om Gan Ganpataye Namah” Follow these simple steps to perform the Ganesh Mudra efficiently.
- Sit down comfortable in Sukhasana or Padmasana.
- Keep your body relaxed by taking a few breaths in and out.
- Now bring your palms together, creating the Anjali Gesture to offering gesture.
- Now point your fingertips towards the opposite elbows by swivelling your hands.
- Make sure your right palm faces your heart.
- Now lock your fingers by sliding your hands across each other while bending your fingers, as shown in the picture.
- Ensure not to release the grip while the interlocked hands are pulled apart energetically.
- Reverse the lock and repeat the same on the other side.
- Deepen the pose slowly.
- Remain in this gesture and chant the Ganesh Mantra for improved concentration.
- You can also hear the Ganesh Mantra alternatively, which helps invoke the power of the Lord during inhalation and exhalation.
What is the best time and for how long to perform Ganesha Mudra?:
Ganesha Mudra bestows good benefits when practised on an empty stomach early in the day, similar to any other Mudra. The speciality of this Mudra is that though not immediately after, you can practice this Mudra 45 to 60 minutes after food. Practice this hand gesture 5 to 6 times a day for maximum benefits. Make sure your mind is focused on breathing and on the gesture throughout.
Benefits of Ganesha Mudra:
Here is the list of benefits one might experience with the regular practice of Ganesha Mudra:
- Ganesha Mudra helps you increase self-confidence by strengthening the Anahata Chakra by filling the heart with love, joy and courage.
- This Mudra helps you focus on the correct posture with each exhalation and inhalation process. It also clears your chest of toxicity, keeping your lungs clear.
- Practising the Ganesh Mudra helps increase upper-body strength, including the arms, neck and back muscles.
- Practising the Ganesh Mudra can offer a good solution if you suffer from neck pain and spondylitis. This is because this hand gesture improves neck pain significantly by stretching the chest, shoulders and arm muscles.
- Ganesha Mudra helps stimulate the fire element in the out body by activating Manipura Chakra. This process helps better the secretion of digestive juices, further improving metabolism and digestion.
- Practising Ganesha Mudra improves mental health and self-confidence by aligning the heart and body beautifully.
- It not only loves oneself but also feels compassionate towards others.
- Ganesh Mudra helps you achieve good health by connecting the body and heart. You can see a significant improvement in mental and physical health with regular practice of this Mudra.
Ganesh Mudra Precautions:
- Wear loose clothes while practising Ganesha mudra
- Keep mobile phones away as you have to do Ganesha mudra in meditation poster with concentration.
- After interlocking the hands in the Ganesha mudra, the grip should be firm, if you have long nails remove the long nails as it will hurt you.
- Do not strain your neck while pushing the head forward.
- Breathe in and out slowly while practising the Ganesha mudra, which calms your body and mind.
- If you are practising Ganesha Mudra after taking food, then it is better to do it after an hour’s gap.
Ganesh Mudra is named after Lord Ganesha, whose energy flows through the body of the person practising this gesture. It also strengthens you physically and emotionally while strengthening your heart. Reap the benefits by including the Ganesha Mudra into your daily routine. Don’t forget to let us know if you found this article helpful!
Disclaimer: The content presented in this article is purely educational, informative and not a replacement for medical advice. Consult a healthcare professional or an appropriate certified medical professional before trying anything new.
1. What is the relationship of Ganesha Mudra with other elements?
Ganesha Mudra helps balance the pitta and fire element in the body because it is associated with the fire element. This element will help your body’s digestion and metabolism.
2. What is Ganesh Mudra’s relation with chakras?
Ganesha Mudra helps with the functioning and strengthening of the heart by opening up the heart chakra or Anahata chakra. With regular practice, you will be able to experience a strong feeling of warmth and brightness in the heart.
3. What are the effects of Ganesha Mudra on different doshas and tissues?
Ganesha Mudra is extremely good at balancing the functions of Sadhaka pitta, Pachaka pitta, AvalambakaKapha, Udanavata, Prana Vata and Vyanavata. By practising this Mudra regularly, you will be able to enable easy breathing and circulation, supports heart functions, and aids in digestion and metabolism.