All men want to look handsome, stylish and masculine. Hairstyles and beard/moustache are among vital factors which plays a vital role to define the personality. Here are the new goatee beard styles which are best in the market right now. These are quite polished and well-groomed and trimmed well to the top-notch fashion. They are perfect for any man who wants to look nothing less than perfect. The goatee beard style name came up as the chin hair here resembles that of a goat beard. These are variants of modern styles like Van Dyke and Anchor.
Hence continue reading this article to check out goatee beard variants and pictures. Check which goatee beard styles will suit you the most in these!
Latest and Stylish Goatee Beard Styles for Men in 2019:
Following are Top 15 Goatee Style beards for you to assess which style is the best.
1. Authentic Goatee:
The authentic style of a men’s wide goatee beard resembles a goat’s facial beard style. Thus if you want the original goatee style, you must not have any mustache at all. You must remove all the hair on your neck and face apart from the area below your lips. Now you have to shape the hair below your lower lip in a semicircular form. As the authentic goatee does not have any soul patch or landing strip, you must make sure you trim it properly.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s can look dashing in this style.
- Best Skin Type: If you have oily or combination skin, then try this out today.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with oval and diamond-shaped face with elongated chin can look good here.
2. Extended Style Goatee:
As its name suggests, an extended thin goatee beard has all the characteristics of a normal goatee, and the only difference is that it extends in all directions, i.e. horizontally along your jawline as well as vertically below your chin. Several film stars have used this beard style. You can accompany it with a mustache.
- Best Skin Type: Wear this style for any skin type as it suits it all.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 40s and 50s can look handsome and young here.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Oval and round-shaped face with thin features can look good in this style.
3. Pretty Boy Goatee:
This is currently one of the most popular thick goatee thin beard styles and most guys think of this style whenever they think about goatees. Although mostly this style involves the mustache connecting the beard in a circle, the shape tends to be somewhat like a round-cornered square. The appearance is somewhat like the original goatee, except that pretty boy style can be accompanied with a mustache and the trimming is also perfect here.
- Best Skin Type: Men with any skin type can try this lookout.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s can look great in this style.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Oval and square-shaped face with the sharp nose are great matchings here.
See More: Beard Styles For Men
4. Van Dyke Style Goatee:
The Van Dyke style of the goatee is an emerging variation among the youth, especially in western countries. It is the perfect goatee if you are looking for something modern. The Van Dyke beard combines a mustache with a V-shaped soul patch connected in a straight line with the goatee spreading on both sides of your face, but make sure that you do not combine the mustache with your Van Dyke beard.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 40s can look great in this style totally.
- Best Skin Type: This is among short beard long goatee and best suits oily skin.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with any face type and thin hair can look best in this look.
5. Anchor Goatee:
This goatee is almost identical to the Van Dyke style goatee. The Anchor goatee is named so, as it resembles the anchor of a ship in the olden times which was useful in natural calamities in the sea. It is a painstaking task to perfect. You have to combine a light pencil mustache with a V-shape soul patch that is to be extended linearly to your goatee and must look like an anchor when combined with your long goatee beard styles.
- Best Skin Type: Men with dry skin to normal skin can look great in this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s and 40s anyone can match this look well.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Round, oval and square-shaped face with wide forehead is great to look here.
6. Landing Strip Goatee:
This style of beard goatee can also be called as a “Goat Patch”. It is not very popular among the middle-aged men, but youth is seen following this style to a considerable extent. In this style of a goatee, you must remove your mustache completely and your beard must be of about 2-3 inches width and must extend starting from right below your lower lip up to the end of your chin.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s can look young with this style.
- Best Skin Type: This goatee with a short beard only suits men with normal to oily skin types.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with any face shape and have wider eyes and chin area can try this look well.
7. Chin Puff Goatee with Handlebar:
In this goatee style, you have to first trim your mustache in the shape of a handlebar of a scooter or motorcycle. Then your goatee must be exactly like the landing strip goatee, except that it must be thin at the start, bulging in the centre and then thin at the bottom again. This beard style is also known as the “Napoleon III Imperials” style or simply a “mustache and chin strap” style.
- Best Skin Type: This goatee style is good for dry to oily skin.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 50s can look dashing and handsome in this look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with oval to round shaped face can look great in this style.
8. Norse Skipper Style Goatee:
The Norse skipper is one of the few long goatee styles nowadays. This style is basically an extension of the chin puff goatee. You have to maintain the shape of your goatee just like a chin puff, but the size must be bigger, and the puff must start beneath your chin instead of the bottom of your lower lip. You must accompany the goatee with a mustache. It is among full beard with a long goatee.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s can look good well matching this style.
- Best Skin Type: Those with combination to oily skin type can look great in this look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: If you have an elongated oval face with both wide forehead and narrow chin then this is perfect for you.
9. Chin Goatee with Soul Patch and Detached Mustache:
Almost like a pretty boy style goatee, this goatee style is different just because of the shape of the goatee, which is ‘V’ shape instead of a circular one. And also, you must keep your moustache detached from the goatee. It is a variant of goatee beard without a mustache or with a thin mustache.
- Best Skin Type: Try this for any skin type as it suits them all.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their late 20s and early 30s can be dashing here.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with a round to oval-shaped face and chubby features can look great here.
10. Rugged Around the Mouth Goatee with Mustache:
This goatee style is exactly like a pretty boy goatee except that it is not trimmed and therefore looks a little chaotic around your mouth, but this look is much popular among youngsters in Asia as well as western countries. You can see this style followed by several film stars as well.
- Best Skin Type: Those with oily skin is best suited to match this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 40s and 50s can look dashing here absolutely.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with oval and round-shaped face with the wide face can look great here.
11. Light Pencil Goatee with a Light Trimmed Mustache:
It often happens that you want to grow a beard, but you do not want it to look overwhelming or more dominant in its looks. You want it to be light and subtle yet effective. So for this purpose, you can trim your mustache and goatee in a light pencil like consistency. The shape must be like a pretty boy goatee, but the hair must be tiny and fine.
- Best Skin Type: Men with dry to normal skin can match this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s can be great at complementing this style.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: If you have a round or square-shaped face with chubby looks, then this style is perfectly suitable for you.
12. Petite Goatee:
If you want a goatee, but don’t want it to cover your entire chin area and neither do you want it to cover the area below your lips, then you can go in for a petite goatee. You have to maintain a goatee of very small thickness and a horizontal shape covering the lower part of your chin very minimally. Generally, this style does not go with any mustache.
- Best Skin Type: This suits almost all skin types as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 50s and mature age groups can look younger and handsome here.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with all face shapes can try this style out.
13. Thick Goatee with Mutton Chops:
This is an offbeat style of goatee beard where you mix two styles of beard for a fusion beard which looks awesome. A goatee style, as you know, covers up your chin, while the mutton chops are circular patches of beard around both your cheeks. You can see the above image for a better idea.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s can look good in this style.
- Best Skin Type: This extended goatee beard style is great for dry to normal skin.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: If you have an oval and diamond-shaped face with sharp features, then this style is totally perfect for you.
14. Strong Trimmed Goatee with Mexican Detached Mustache:
Every male likes strong-looking goatee. It gives you a more masculine look and also enhances your male personality. To obtain a strong trimmed goatee, you have to let your beard grow around your chin for some time and then trim only the edges while keeping other hair rugged. Most people accompany it with a Mexican mustache for the best look. Mexican mustache is relatively fatter in shape compared to different mustaches.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type can perfectly suit this style well.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 20s and 30s can look good to try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Very elongated face shape and the feature is a great match to this look.
15. Balbo Goatee:
A Balbo style goatee is more like the Anchor style goatee, except that the sides have to be kept a bit thick and they extend longer in length than an anchor goatee. It goes well with a small mustache.
- Best Skin Type: Those with normal and dry skin can match this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Those men in their 30s and 40s can match this perfectly well.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Square shaped face and less, or thin-haired men can try this style out totally.
- Goatee beard also requires the same care as a natural beard.
- Beard oil is a good product to try as it will help in smoothening the beard and make it soft.
- You can apply balm too if you want to nourish and moisturize your beard thoroughly.
- Men with round faces are best suited for thin and narrow goatee beard styles as it will not cover up their face and make a face look slimmer.
- You can further trim your goatee beard as you wish and make your variants.
- Go for light pencil goatee look or trimmed one if you want stylish masculine look as well.
These goatee beard styles may be new to hear, but are quite versatile in the fashion market and come in different styles. They are easy to maintain, and any busy man can use these styles to gain the perfect well-groomed look. As per your preference and facial features, you can easily choose the perfect goatee look for yourself. Try them out and tell us how best you like goatee styles this season.