Gomukhasana, or Cow Face Pose, is one of the best and most prevalent situated postures recorded in Hatha Yoga. Gomukha is deciphered into Cow Face’, which implies that the specialist’s face takes after to that of Cow when he/she does this stance.
Point of fact, your feet would resemble the ears of the Cow, which is the most loved creature that bears extraordinary significance in Hinduism. This suggests that this asana likewise has spiritual dimensions.
The magnificence of this yoga asana is that it particularly focuses on your hips and shoulders, which are the most susceptible regions for pain and distress. Accordingly, those having a tight shoulder may discover this posture troublesome at the beginning; in any case, as they proceed, with their practice, they are likely to get great profits.
See More: Feathered Peacock Pose
Gomukhasana – How To Do Steps, Benefits And Beginners Tips:
Here we mention step by step instructions for Gomukhasana yoga along with benefits ans tips for beginners.
Gomukhasana Yoga Or Cow Face Pose Steps:
- Perform the Staff posture.
- Curving your left leg, bring its heel under your right thigh, near right hip.
- Curve your right leg over your left knee and let your right heel verge on the left hip. Your right knee ought to be situated directly over your left knee.
- Place your palms on the feet.
- Press the sitting bones in the floor and point the crown of the head to the roof.
- Curve the left elbow while bringing the left forearm behind your back.
- Position the back of your left hand in the center of your back; bring your shoulder bones near. The left lower arm and the fingers of the left hand ought to point upward.
- Breathe in while extending your right arm over the head.
- Twisting the right elbow, keep your right elbow between the shoulder bones. The right palm ought to face your back and the fingers of the right hand ought to be pointed in a descending fashion.
- Catch the fingers of the left hand with the right hand.
- Pull your shoulders far from one another to encounter the stretch in the shoulders and the opening up of the midsection.
- Stay in this posture from 10 seconds up to half a minute before discharging the hands to come back into the staff posture.
- Rehearse the aforementioned steps for the other side of the body.
See More: Garudasana Yoga
Benefits Of Gomukhasana Yoga Or Cow Face Pose:
- Gomukhasana is an extraordinary stance for unwinding and uprooting depression, tension or stress.
- The carriage has likewise been known to be useful for kidney patients.
- Gomukhasana is likewise restorative in sexual issues, diabetes and hypertension.
- Gomukhasana is likewise helpful in treating sciatica, spinal pain and stiffness on the grounds that it extends your back legitimately.
- This cow face pose when done on a regular basis, additionally stimulates and massages the reproductive organs.
Gomukhasana Tip For Beginners:
Apprentices now and again find that it is hard to keep their sitting bones consistently on the ground. This, thusly, would keep them from stacking their knees equitably on one another. To get around this issue, everything you need to do is to utilize a collapsed blanket to raise your sitting bones off the ground. As you do that, stability would follow.
Gomukhasana Yoga (Cow Face Pose) Variations:
To test yourself further, push your body forward from this very stance and attempt to keep the front piece of your mid-section over the top thigh. As you do that, hold this carriage for around 30 seconds. At that point, breathe in while raising your body.
Precautions For Gomukhasana Or Cow Face Pose:
Don’t do this activity in the event that you have issues of neck hip and knee or the shoulders. Hold a strap with your hands as near one another as could be allowed, on the off chance that you can’t fasten the hands behind the back.
The Benefits In Core:
1. As mentioned earlier on in list form about gomukhasana yoga that it helps is relieving a person with depression. It is mainly because when you are performing this posture what happens is the core muscles of the body get stretched and you get a lot of calmness though it might not feel so. It is however very true that there are a lot of muscles in the body which do not work much and in turn we also do not like making them work. In this case the whole body gets a stretch along with the less useful muscles.
2. There are a number of gomukhasana benefits but one of the most important is of course that this asana is very, very helpful for people who are suffering from kidney related problems. The reason for one of the most important benefits of gomukhasana is that when you are performing the same both the sides of your waist are stretched in a perfect way giving a good workout to the kidneys. This is a much needed workout for the organs and thus helps to protect your kidneys well.
3. It is known by a lot of people that your sexual life as well as your health can be good if you have less stress level. Even for a diabetic patient it is very important to keep down the stress levels in order to simply control the sugar level in the body. He gomukhasana yoga helps a lot if controlling stress and fatigue as already mentioned in the first point and so the both work hand in hand.
4. Sciatica is a very common disorder nowadays and it is mainly a very common problem for women. It is said that this ailment is caused mainly due to non- movement of joints and muscles where chemicals are formed and thus causes the pain. The gomukhasana steps are very useful as said a number of times for the movement of the joints and useless muscles so there is no chemical formed at all. This relieves you from the pain.
See More: Simhasana Yoga Benefits