Coffee is not the only beverage option since green tea has been taking the world by storm because of the health benefits it offers. Green tea is known to positively affect your body because it is stacked with high amounts of antioxidants and elements that help maintain your skin’s health.
We present you with a curated list of some of the best green tea brands available in the market you can look into before choosing the right one for you. Read on to know more!
Different Types of Green Tea:
Green tea is extracted from the plant Camellia sinensis in the form of leaves. There are various green teas available with a mixture of other essential or ayurvedic herbs or plain green tea, giving you a chance to explore different flavor profiles. Here we present you with some of the commonly available types of green tea:
- Mint Green Tea: Green tea leaves and mint are popular combinations for people who don’t like the bland taste of a simple green tea. Mint leaves give you fresh breath and relieve you with the symptoms associated with headaches and cold.
- Lemon Honey Green Tea: The fresh flavor of this green tea makes it one of the most preferred green tea options available in the market. It helps burn belly fat and flushes out toxins with the complementing composition of lemon and honey.
- Chamomile Green Tea: The addition of chamomile to the green tea improves the sleep quality by helping you tackle insomnia acting as a perfect before-bed beverage.
- Tulsi Green Tea: This is a perfect green tea option for people who prefer a mild flavor along with its unique health-promoting properties. It is also said to promote weight loss.
- Himalayan Green Tea: This type of green tea improves metabolism and helps you deal with infections maintaining the health of your body.
- Jasmine Green Tea: This green tea has a hint of jasmine blossoms that boost energy in the body by releasing positive feelings.
Best Green Tea Brands in India:
We present you with some of the famous green tea brands available in the market you can try.
1. Lipton Pure & Light Green Tea:
The neutral and natural flavor of these loose tea leaves makes it one of the top green tea brands available in the market. It also protects you from cardiovascular diseases once you incorporate this green tea into your diet. This tea contains virtually zero calories, and it tastes fantastic without adding any sugar or milk.
Flavor: Natural flavor.
Tea Type: Loose tea leaves.
- Worth the price.
- It tastes better than regular tea.
- It has a soothing aroma.
- Zero calories.
- You might get a duplicate product.
2. Organic India Classic Tulsi Green Tea:
This is one of the best green tea for weight loss by Organic India that helps you feel calm with the hectic work schedules. It also gives you peace of mind by stimulating and revitalizing your respiratory functions. This green tea has Rama Tulsi, Krishna tulsi, and Vana tulsi, which enhances stamina with the antioxidants present in the tea. Pomegranate, jasmine, baron dark, lemon-ginger are some of the other flavors available from this brand.
Flavor: Classic flovor.
Tea Type: Leaves.
- It promotes weight loss.
- It helps strengthen your immunity.
- It works well against flu and cold.
- It helps you lose belly fat.
- It creates a detoxifying effect.
- The flavor of tulsi is more.
3. CHAIOLOGY Himalayan Green Tea:
Chaiology Himalayan Green tea gives you a mellow, energizing, and calming feel with the long green tea leaves hand-plucked from the Himalayan tea plantations making it one of the best green tea brands for skin health. It leaves a fresh lingering aftertaste, has a delicate aroma, and is rich in flavonoids. Depending upon your taste, you can vary the tea concentration.
Flavor: Honey, lemon.
Tea Type: Leaf.
- It is an ideal choice for beginners.
- One spoonful can make more cups of tea.
- Good packaging.
- The packaging preserves freshness.
- Increases metabolic rate.
- The taste might be mild for some.
4. Typhoo Organic Green Tea – Moroccan Mint:
This Typhoo brand presents us with organically grown green tea infused with Moroccan mint. It has unique catechins and antioxidants, making it one of the best quality green tea available in the market. Furthermore, it is chemical-free and helps strengthen immunity as it is a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients. It also soothes the upset stomach and digestion with the help of spearmint.
Flavor: Morroccon mint.
Tea Type: Teabags.
- It doesn’t have preservatives.
- It might help you lose weight.
- It soothes your upset stomach.
- It is chemical-free.
- It strengthens your immunity.
- Teabags are not reusable.
5. Bleurette Loose Organic Green Tea Leaves with Orange:
This Bleurette loose organic green tea with orange is one of the best green tea brands for glowing skin. Green tea leaves and oranges have high amounts of antioxidants that improve skin health and strengthen your immune system. It also helps maintain cardiovascular wellness as this product has flavonoids in abundance. It also increases your ability to concentrate by reducing stress.
Tea Type: Loose leaves.
- It helps reduce stress.
- It adds a beautiful glow to your skin.
- It maintains cardiovascular wellness.
- It strengthens your immune system.
- It supports weight loss.
- The taste might feel odd initially.
[See More: Benefits Of Green Tea]
6. Girnar Green Tea:
Girnar green tea, desi kahwa, has an infusion of citric acid, rock salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, tulsi, ginger, asafetida, black pepper, and green tea leaves, giving it a unique and fresh taste. It helps deal with bloated stomach, seasonal cough, and cold with its loaded formula.
Flavor: Mixed herbs and spices.
Tea Type: Teabags.
- It comes in different sizes of packs.
- It has a strong aroma.
- It helps tackle a bloated stomach.
- It works against colds and coughs.
- It has a high amount of sodium.
- People with hypertension should avoid it.
7. 24 Mantra Organic Tulsi Green Tea:
If you are looking for a cost-effective green tea and provides a stress-relief, this product by 24 mantra with tulsi extracts can be an ideal option. It has an infusion of all three types of tulsi with green tea extracts that helps strengthen your immunity, and respiratory health improves gradually.
Tea Type: Teabags.
- It has an authentic taste.
- It works well on migraines.
- It is effective in maintaining respiratory health.
- Organic ingredients.
- It doesn’t have any adverse effects.
- It has a strong fragrance.
- It doesn’t feel refreshing.
8. OZiva Plant-Based Matcha Plus (Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder with Licorice & Activated Charcoal):
This is one of the best Japanese green tea by Oziva with activated charcoal and licorice. It eliminates dead skin cells and other skin impurities with the activated charcoal present in the product. It also improves mental focus, reduces weight, boosts metabolism aiding in weight loss. In addition, drinking this tea reduces dark spots and pigmentation with the help of ginger and licorice.
Tea Type: Powder.
- Organic product.
- It helps maintain your body’s fitness.
- Prevents pimple formation.
- It doesn’t have artificial sweeteners.
- It aids in weight management.
- It makes your skin bright.
9. LaPlant Darjeeling Green Tea:
LaPlant Darjeeling tea is one of the best organic green tea available in the market that has long loaf leaves. It aids in weight loss, boosts metabolism, and anti-aging as this product has high amounts of antioxidants. It is grown in high-altitude tea gardens grown organically. It is gradually gaining popularity in the Indian audience and has a smooth texture.
Flavor: Green tea.
Tea Type: Loose leaves.
- Organic product.
- Aids in weight loss.
- It helps boost the metabolism.
- The taste of the product is not bitter.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It requires more quantity for solid flavor.
10. Tetley Green Tea Immune with Added Vitamin C, Lemon, and Honey:
Tetley green tea with lemon and honey is one of the best combinations for beginners of green tea. It keeps your body light by loosening the fat layers and detoxifying your body. It provides an ideal flavor and acts as an immunity enhancer, and it takes about two minutes for preparation.
Tea Type: Teabag.
- Reduces cravings.
- It doesn’t have sweeteners.
- It improves body metabolism.
- It has a beautiful flavor.
- Easy to carry.
- Easy to prepare.
- It has a mild flavor.
Things To Consider When Buying Green Tea:
There are several green tea brands available in the market, which might make it challenging to choose; however, here are a few things you need to keep in mind before opting for the green tea of your choice.
- The color of the green tea needs to be green which means it is not oxidized, unlike the regular teas.
- Although there are green tea bags, provide convenience, opt for loose green tea that retains oils and gives you rich taste and effective results. But if you are looking for convenience, tea bags can be ideal.
- Opt for a product that is freshly plucked and processed without any quality adherence.
- Check for quality certification and the origin of the green tea you want to buy to avoid low-quality products.
- If you are looking to lose weight with green tea, choose one that activates metabolism that helps you in the weight loss journey.
Green tea is a popular beverage that helps you lose weight healthily. Drinking two to three cups of green tea can give your body several benefits to your entire health. But make sure not to exceed more than three cups per day to avoid any adverse effects. The curated green tea brands mentioned in this article will help you make a final choice!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Which is the best green tea brand for weight loss?
Ans: Choosing a trusted brand can be an ideal choice when it comes to good green tea. Himalaya, Lipton, Tetley, Taj are some of the popular brands of green tea available in the market.
Q2. Is it possible to lose weight with iced green tea?
Ans: It is best to drink regular green tea from a trusted brand for weight loss because there is no proof of the effectiveness of weight loss with iced green tea.
Q3. How many cups of green tea can we drink in a day?
Ans: It is advised to consume two to three cups of green tea per day, according to experts. Limit your caffeine intake not to exceed 200-to 300 ml per day, or you can choose a decaffeinated version.
Q4. When can we drink green tea for effective weight loss results?
Ans: Right after waking up and before meals is the right time to drink green tea for effective results. But make sure you don’t exceed the two to three cups per day rule.
Q5. Can pregnant women or feeding mothers drink green tea?
Ans: It is advised to consult your gynecologist before consuming green tea, especially if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother, to avoid any baby or mother reactions.
Q6. Does drinking green tea cause any side effects?
Although uncommon, some people might have side effects by drinking green tea if they are sensitive to the ingredients or suffering from any health issues. Stop drinking green tea if you find any of the following side effects: