Since Beau Brummell wore the first pair of full-length trousers centuries ago, the trouser has been worn by people from all ages, social standings, economic classes, political beliefs, etc. The world has been wearing trousers for decades now since it originated in the sixth century BC and was mostly worn by horse riders. In the 21st century, there have been many variations of trousers that can be seen, and one of them is the grey colour pant. It is no doubt that trousers can be tweaked, shortened, adjusted and also can be changed according to what the wearer wants. This is what makes grey colour trousers the favourite among men and women both, who wants to customize their fit to their liking.
What Are The Features of Grey Trousers:
- Gray trousers are versatile to be worn for any type of events or occasions.
- These ladies grey trousers are great for formal and semi-formal occasions or events.
- The comfort factor of these trousers is much better than regular denim or jeans.
- Grey trousers can be adjusted, tweaked, or even changed to the user’s needs.
- The fit of grey trousers will always be better than jeans, due to its customizability.
- Finally, these types of trousers are much easier to style than wearing regular jeans.
Which Fabric is Best For Grey Trousers?
When it comes to girls grey trousers fabric, you have to be really picky and know the best kind of fabric for your needs. Any synthetic fabric will not be the best for you since they are uncomfortable, mostly during summers and thus make you look worse as well. Cotton is the preferred material followed by polyester. These two materials are used in conjunction with elastin. Apart from that, linen is also a good choice for fabrics as well. Fabrics like rayon or nylon should be avoided.
Latest and Versatile Designs of Grey Colour Pants for Men and Women:
Let we have to look at the best models of gray trousers for gents and ladies in fashion.
Gray Trouser Designs For Men:
1. Grey Formal Pants:
If you want a trouser for your office life and also want it to help you look the best for formal occasions as well, then this grey formal pants will aid you in that regard. The trousers have a straight fit, with no tapered ends. The waistband has a button to hold it along with buckles for the belt. The trouser has a relaxed fit towards the bottom part of the leg.
- Fabrics Used: Cotton is the preferred material used in this case, alongside linen.
- Matching Outfits: You can wear this trouser with a blue coloured full-sleeve shirt, tucked underway the trousers, along with brown coloured shoes.
2. Grey Slim Fit Trousers:
These grey slim fit trousers are the perfect balance between formal and informal kind of trousers. These grey slim fit trousers are the easiest to wear and they look great as well. It has a straightforward design with a simple grey colour and a slightly tapered shape towards the bottom of the legs. The waistline has belt buckles and a front zipper as well.
- Fabrics Used: These trousers use cotton as the primary material with a little bit of elastin.
- Matching Outfits: These trousers can be worn with white coloured full-sleeve length shirts, tucked under the trousers. Combine that with a brown coloured shoe.
3. Grey Linen Trousers:
Grey linen trousers are great for use in summers due to their softness and breathability. These trousers keep you cool and comfortable during hot weather conditions. Apart from that, grey linen trousers also look great too. Linen trousers have the same design as just any other trouser, with simple colours, tapered fit and extend only up to the ankles. It also has belt buckles and a front zipper, coupled with pockets too.
- Fabrics Used: Linen is the main material to be used in this case.
- Matching Outfits: Pair these trousers with a full-length round necked blue coloured t-shirt and white sneakers, and you’ll be fine.
4. Grey Herringbone Trousers:
If you like the monochrome color then these grey herringbone trousers will help you greatly, in elevating your style and looks. These grey herringbone trousers also look trendy as well. Also, you will get a perfect fit with these trousers and they are also comfortable too. The trousers have a slim fit structure, along with a tapered shape towards the bottom of the legs. The colour and design are plain and ordinary.
- Fabrics Used: These trousers are made from 100% cotton.
- Matching Outfits: Wearing a brown coloured loafer, and a full sleeve white shirt, tucked away under the trousers will the best option.
5. Grey Cotton Trousers:
Since cotton is the favourite fabric for most people who plan to buy trousers, grey cotton trousers will be an instant hit, if you are frankly one of them. Combining these grey cotton trousers with a cotton shirt or a t-shirt will help you look stylish as well. There are not much design cues to talk here, as it is simple and plain. The fit is a little bit skinny and tapered.
- Fabrics Used: Material used is 100% cotton along with elastin.
- Matching Outfits: Pair these grey cotton trousers with a black-white sneaker and a black sleeved t-shirt.
New Gray Trousers For Women:
6. Grey Cropped Trousers:
If you like to give rest to your feet and ankles and want to make sure that your feet remain cool and free from sweat, especially during summer seasons, then cropped trousers are a nice way to start. These grey cropped trousers also help you to show off your long legs. The design of the trouser is simple and nothing much extraordinary design is done. There is zipper on the front, with belt buckles around the waistline. It also has pockets on either side as well.
- Fabrics Used: Materials that are used are cotton and a little bit of elastin.
- Matching Outfits: Pair these trousers with white heels, relaxed ¾ sleeve length white top tucked away and it’s good to go.
7. Grey Checkered Pants:
If you already have grey trousers and want something different that looks great and feels great as well, then you should buy grey checkered pants. These pants have a tapered shape with almost like a skinny fit. These grey checkered pants are great for most formal occasions and even events as well. The design of these trousers is pretty simple, with checkered lines all around the trousers. It has a skinny it tapered design, with a revealing zipper in the front.
Fabrics Used: Cotton is the popular fabric to be used here along with elastin.
Matching Outfits: You can pair it up with a black sleeveless top and heels, along with a checkered blazer.
8. Grey Skinny Trousers:
If you want a trouser that sticks well to the skin of your legs and has a perfect fit for your body, then grey skinny trousers will do the job. These grey skinny trousers will be perfect for any kind of formal events or occasions. This trouser is high-waisted with a wide waistband. The fitting is tapered with a skinny appearance. It has a simple look with no such designs.
- Fabrics Used: In this case, cotton and linen are mostly used, along with elastin.
- Matching Outfits: Pairing these trousers with a half sleeve black top and black heels will make you look spectacular.
9. Grey Wide Leg Trousers:
These grey wide leg trousers have a very relaxed fit and bottom part of the trouser flared and shaped like a bell. The grey wide-leg trousers are also high-waisted as well. These trousers are great for informal occasions and party events too. The best part about this trousers design is the flared bottom part of the pants, with belt buckles on the waistline and a front zipper as well.
- Fabrics Used: Cotton and linen are the go-to materials for these trousers.
- Matching Outfits: A V-neck full sleeve white top and black pumps will go well with these trousers. The top should be tucked under the trousers.
10. Grey Velvet Trousers:
In case if you like your trousers’ materials to be made from silky smooth fabric, then this should be the option for your buying list. These grey velvet trousers look fantastic when worn with light coloured tops and shoes. The trouser has a very silky smooth feeling, with a high-waisted and relaxed fitting. The bottom part of the trouser is flared as well.
- Fabrics Used: Polyester is the main material used in this case, along with elastin.
- Matching Outfits: One can pair these trousers up with a white fitted top, with full sleeves and V-necked, along with golden coloured heels as well.
The Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Grey Trousers:
- Always make sure to select your light grey trousers according to your own body type. You can choose your light grey pants style according to your body shape.
- Make sure to buy dark grey trousers from the known and reputed brands, because of the quality of material matters a lot.
- Never wear trousers around your hips, as young hipsters like to do. The most traditional and stylish way to wear trousers around your waist.
- Do not buy grey trousers made out of any kind of synthetic fabrics.
How To Style Grey Trousers:
- Styling dark grey trousers are easy if you wear shirts or tops are mostly light-coloured to accentuate the grey colour of the trousers.
- Wearing a good looking pair of loafers or shoes, or even sneakers will look great.
- For women, wearing light coloured relaxed-fit tops or shirts will do.
- Light or dark-coloured heels or stilettos will be the best option for women.
- Accessorizing the grey trouser outfit with a matching blazer will fully complete the look, without a doubt.
It can be easily seen that even though there are countless styles of trousers that can be found in today’s market, dark grey pants are one of the most popular ones of today. Trousers have been the most traditional and a stylistic garment since its inception, and therefore it is your duty to fully utilize that style of the garment. Trousers also give more room for your legs to rest and move as well. Therefore, there should be no reason why you should not try these grey trousers out.