Are you looking for Gujarati recipes? All of you know that Gujarati recipes are very well well-known in all over the world because it offers different imitation to Gujarati food lovers. Kathiawad, North Gujarat, Kachchh, plus South Gujarat are the 4 main regions of Gujarat which all carry their own manner to Gujarati food.
9 Best Gujarati Food Items Names List:
Let’s have a look into Gujarati traditional dishes’ names and pics.
1. Gujarati Panki:
- Make a batter by mixing rice flour, crushed cumin, urad dal flour, salt, plus melted ghee, ginger chilli paste in a bowl adding water.
- Smear oil on banana leaves and put it on pan.
- Place 1 – 2 tbsp. of batter on a banana leaf and cover it by an extra greased banana leaf plus press it.
- Cook from both sides until brown in color. Serve it with chutney.
2. Sweet and Sour Dal Recipe:
- Boil tuvar dal in pressure cooker for 10 minutes and mash it well after cooling.
- Fry mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds, add green chillies, ginger, hing, red chilli and curry leaves, tomato, turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed dal into this with some jaggery and boil for 5 minutes.
- Dish up with rice and roti.
3. Paneer Pav Bhaji Dish:
- Boil peas, cauliflower, potato, beans plus carrot in water.
- Mash them and keep aside.
- In a Pan, heat oil and cook Chopped green chilli, onion, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, chopped capsicum, garam masala, chilli powder and pav bhaji masala for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables, salt, and water and cook water 5 minutes.
- Serve with greased pav and decorate with butter and coriander.
4. Potato and Cashew Nut Curry:
- Heat oil and fry cumin seeds, chillies, ginger, curry leaves, asafetida, tomato puree and turmeric plus cashew nuts for 2 minutes.
- Include pieces of boiled potatoes and heat for few minutes.
- Mix mashed potatoes along with sugar, salt, black pepper, coriander and lemon for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
5. Pudina Rice or Mint Rice Dish:
- Cook the rice and make a coarse paste of mint leaves.
- Fry cashews, cumin seed adding green chilies, sliced onions plus chopped tomatoes along with turmeric for 5 minutes.
- Mix mint leaves paste and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Lastly put in the cooked rice plus salt and blend all well.
6. Tawa Pulao Recipe:
- Sauté cumin seeds, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chillies, salt, onions, tomatoes till brown in colour.
- Put water with capsicum, red chili powder, turmeric, plus pav bhaji masala.
- Add boil peas as well as carrots in addition to cook for 5 minutes.
- Then include rice adding lemon juice and serve.
Read: Bengali Food Recipes
7. Khaman Dhokla:
- Mix gram flour, green chili-ginger paste, semolina, lemon juice, 3/4 cup water, fruit salt and curd to make a smooth batter.
- Preheat the steamer and grease the plates and pour this mix and allow it to cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Inserting knife check the whether it is cooked or not.
- Make a mix. Add sugar and water and fry asafetida plus cumin seeds and curry leaves and spread these on Dhokla then cut into squared pieces.
8. Lasaniya Batata Recipe:
- Cut the small potato from centre but not divide and fry them.
- In pan fry cumin seeds, garlic and gram flour five minutes on a slow heat for 5 minutes
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder turmeric powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and water and heat for few minutes, adding half coriander and fried potatoes.
Read: Food Recipes In Marathi
9. Bullet Banana Daal Vada:
- Soak urad daal, mung daal, and rive overnight and in the morning lend them in a mixer and make a smooth paste.
- Also make a mixture of chilies, banana, ginger, salt, sugar, ground cumin seeds, ground fennel seeds, ground coriander seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, lemon juice plus fresh coriander.
- Mix both the paste into gram flour and a bit of baking soda.
- Make a shape you like and deep fry them in oil and dish them up with chutney.