Who does not worry about thinning hair? They are difficult to maintain and become worrisome, but not to worry. We are here to give you options for your thin hair. Haircuts for thin long hair are here, and now you can easily choose different hairstyles to wear as per the occasion. They can be made to look voluminous and denser, given these styles, which can also suit you well. Continue reading to know more about what best can suit you.
Best Hairstyles for Long Thin Hair:
Check out the latest and best hairstyles for long thin hair here. These are best suited to all women as per their liking, dress sense, hair type and occasion.
1. Bun Tricks:
If you have a fine head of hair, you can always opt for an updo hairstyle for long thin hair, which would uplift the look of your hair. This suitable haircut for long thin hair is best for time management, and when one is running out of time, it is easy and quick to do and yet looks edgy. This gives a casual look to this kind of hairstyle.
- In a messy bun, carefully tease your hair so that the hair is rough and light on the top of your head.
- Now grab the messy bunch of teased hair and do ponytail at first.
- Tease them up as much as possible, as you require and roll it up to carelessly to create a messy bun.
- Secure with bobby pins and elastics carefully.
- You can ease hair near bun a bit more.
- You can add head terrible for the look too.
Suitable’s for This Hairstyle:
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out when you are in the early 20s
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is better for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This hairstyle is best for regular college girls.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with western outfits or simple kurtas.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This best suits all face shapes and straight long hair type.
2. The Braid Band:
This long layered haircut for thin hair is trendy among young women as it is both easy to make and also looks elegant. This is the best option for many as it is edgy, stylish and elegant. Those who are in a busy schedule yet willing to make a style statement, this is definitely for you. The braided band is quite easy to make and looks trendy. Try this today, and you will surely love it
- Use a section of your hair to tie a tight braid from side to another side horizontally.
- Bring it all the way across your head to the other side of the head.
- Secure it properly.
- This hairstyle is a full proof method to create a hairstyle where the band in the middle of the head matching the colour for the rest of the hair would give off a style statement.
- Make a puff and tease hair near the crown to make it look voluminous.
Suitable’s for This Hairstyle:
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out when you are in your 30s.
- Best Season to Try: The winter season is better for this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for regular office going look.
- Matching Dresses: This is best for both ethnic and western tops.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits women with an oval face or diamond face with wavy hair better.
3. Back Bow:
With a thin hair, you would do anything to add volume to your look. This kind of hairstyle for beautiful thin hair is best for those who love creativity and would like to try out something new. The bow behind made with hair gives a quaint look to the hairstyle and makes the hair look thicker and not scant.
- To separate two sections of your hair from the front.
- Bring them all the way back.
- Then, tie the hair in a trendy knot to form a beautiful bow.
- Tie it with pins properly to secure it well in place.
- You may add a clip or hair, colourful hair band, too.
Suitable’s for This Hairstyle:
- Preferable Age Group: This is best for women in their 20s.
- Best Season to Try: This suits monsoons and winter better.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for date nights or outings with friends.
- Matching Dresses: This is best for ethnic wear and kurtas.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits oval face and straight medium hair better.
4. Get Your Curlers On:
The thinness of hair might not be your preference, and for that, you want simple hairstyles for long thin hair that can add some volume to your mane. That is precisely why you need to invest in some professional curlers or curling iron. Curls can make your hair look much more voluminous and fulfilling than the straight locked hair, and it is with these curls that you can get your hair to look not so thin. This is among the best haircut for long thin hair.
- Preferable Age Group: This is best suited for young women below 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out in winter for the flowy look.
- Perfect Occasion: This edgy look suits best for family gatherings, festivities or events.
- Matching Dresses: This goes best with both long ethnic gowns and casual western outfits, as per your choice and occasion.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits those with round-shaped face and curly hair.
5. Elegant Curls:
With a variety of new curls in the market, this is among the easiest of hairstyles for long thin hair. This layered curl and wave cut has been in trend and gives hair beautiful look. The curls make the hair look thicker and denser, adding volume to the hair. The thin hair gets the makeover here and makes hair look fulfilling.
- Preferable Age Group: This is ideal for women below 32 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: The winter season better for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for night parties and events.
- Matching Dresses: This suits western outfits better with casual tops and shorts.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: An oval face and medium length wavy hair are ideal for this style.
6. Keep it Pony Chic:
Often at times, a thin layer of hair is just the perfect requirement for a runway model and based on their different hairstyles, even you can achieve their look. The trick is to sleek down your already thin hair to give it a perfect posh look. Thoroughly comb the hair and maybe use a little hair spray to lock the straightness of the look. This is among simple hairstyles for long thin hair and here even though the hair is thin.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out at any age as it looks good on all.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are suitable for this ponytail hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best suited for daily use and college/office goers.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out for ethnic and casual outfits
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is best for all face shapes and hair types.
7. The Side Parting:
When you have a thin hair or a receding hairline, it is always best to opt for a side parting rather than a one in the middle. Use bangs and feather or layered cuts to create volume and then sweep your hair or the front locks to one side. Use teasing for the other parts or the back of the head to add volume. This is popular among haircuts for long straight thin hair.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits women below 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This long hairstyle is best in all seasons.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for night events and special gatherings or date nights.
- Matching Dresses: This suits western dresses and gowns better.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This best suits oval face and wavy hair better.
8. Messy Hair:
Who does not love messy looks?! There is absolutely none who does not like this look. This hairstyle is messy hair look with thin hair which is still looking voluminous. And these volumizing haircuts for long thin hair, which is messy hides the thinness of hair. Instead, messy is the new trend now.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out in your early 20s.
- Best Season to Try: This suits all seasons equally.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for college going girls.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with ethnic kurtas and dresses.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits all face shapes with long hair.
9. Au Natural:
This hairstyle for long thin curly hair and haircuts for long thin hair with bangs are the trend of the season. They are best to maintain and does not show the volume of the hair. It further gives a fresh and young look. The straight texture quite more also adds to the vintage look, and you can add hair accessories to make it look more elegant and polished.
- Preferable Age Group: This best suits women below 35 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out during all seasons.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits regular office look better.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with western and ethnic kurtas both.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this out for oval face and long hair type.
- To reduce further damage and hair loss, make sure to not over shampoo your hair. Use herbal shampoo or those who do not have sulfate.
- Visit hair spa regularly. This helps to rejuvenate hair and nourishes it.
- Apply oil mask at least once a week for the better texture and moisture.
Hope you enjoyed reading our hairstyles for thin long hair. Nowadays, with several hairstyles and trends on hand, it is not an issue to style thin hair and make it look voluminous. All you need to know is ways to style them. Pick out what you like as per occasion and preference and try that out.
Read: Short Thin Hairstyles
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does styling thin hair result in more hair loss and damage?
Ans: No, it is a myth rather styling hairstyles for long thin hair does not lead to hair loss for thin hair. It can lead to hair loss and damage for everyone who does not take care of the proper styling methods like applying heat resistant serum, hair masks.
Q2. Does thin colouring hair to style it result in damage further?
Ans: Colouring hairstyles for long thin hair generally requires a good amount of care as it tends to squeeze of the moisture from hair. Hence visiting a good hair spa once a month and oil mask, a hair mask is required. Colouring thin hair specifically will not lead to any damage.
Q3. Does updo hairstyles for thin long hair cause further hair loss?
Ans: It is an assumption that updo hairstyle can lead to hair loss. Hair loss can happen to anyone who does not have proper nutrition or balanced diet or nourished hair. For everyone, it is important to remove the updo style once the occasion ends. Further having said that, it does not lead to hair loss, but rather one should not sleep with that style for night long.