Finding the right hairstyle to go with a particular attire can be real ordeal to find sometimes. It might not always be our day for a loose hair or a hair updo. We ladies are in the constant look out for some out of the box or at least not a routine hairstyle every now and then. And then when you decide to try something new, they most often won’t match with your dress.
Long skirts are back in fashion these days. And the next problem is to identify some appropriate hairstyles to go with it. So, we thought we would give you some inspiring hairstyles with crop top and skirt, just so that the task gets easy for you. Here are a few.
Best Trending Hairstyle Ideas for Long Skirts:
Here are the presents the beautiful hairstyles for skirts you can narrow down. You can choose the best hairstyles for skirts in any occasion or parties.
1. Fishbone Hair Braid:
this fishbone hair braid is supposed to be messy. The look will be perfect if you have an oval face that will subtly highlight your features and at the same time give you a stunning look. Here is how you can try this out easily at home.
- Begin by combing your hair and keep it blow dry.
- Next, pick up few strands of hair from the front and tie to a low-ponytail at the back and secure it with an elastic.
- By picking strands from the sides of the ponytail, make a braid that will go down to the ends of the hair. Keep doing this until you make a full fish braid.
That’s about it! This one is supposed to be messy and it is okay if it is so. You can match with long skirt of any colour and a bright top. The fishbone braid is also an ideal hairstyle for all the teens and the adults, who are heading to a bridal or unofficial get together.
2. Triple Twisted Buns:
Triple twisted buns are the ultimate party hairstyle. They are cool and funky. The best part about them is they can be easily tried out at home. If you are going for a bridal party or a school farewell, and planning to match it with a colourful skirt and a mild coloured top, here is something to try.
- Comb the hair well and leave it loose.
- Tie three ponytails, all low, at the back and secure it with an elastic.
- Roll up each of them into a bun at the back and secure it with bobby pins. If you like, you can also add some hair accessories to make it look attractive.
Isn’t that really simple? If you have a round face, this hairstyle will make sure your face does not look big. The hairstyle is meant for teens and adults alike. You can also try this out with a colourful saree.
3. Messy updo for Bangs:
Bangs are another commonly spotted style among the teens. This hairstyle is messy and meant to suit teens. If you have a knee length skirt that is plain with a designed crop top, here is something to elevate your look even more.
- Comb your hair well and leave the bangs to its place.
- Leaving a few strands at the side, near your ears, part your hair into two. Now, braid each of these and secure it with an elastic.
- Pull the legs of the braid and bun both of them together at the back. Secure it with bobby pins tightly and leave the bangs neatly combed. Allow the strands in the front to play around the area.
The messy updo for bangs is going to be an ultimate school get together or farewell or even to your college party. If you have a medium to long hair, this could probably be your choice. For those of you who have an oval or square face, this hairstyle will make sure your features perfectly align with the face shape.
4. Upside Down Braid:
The upside down braid is yet another cool hairstyle that you definitely should try if you are planning to g for your school party or a quick meet up with your gang. The hairstyle is best suited for adults and teens and don’t forget to pair this up with a long or ankle length skirt, on that is a little mild on colours.
- Begin by combing the hair and remove the tangles if any.
- Part the hair into two and start braiding both the sides. After you braid them both, bring them to a bun on top, on either side.
- If you have a long hair, this is going to look gorgeous on you.
The hairstyle will make sure your hair stays in place and will give you the cool look. This one is truly out of the box and if you have a long oval face, the hairstyle will add the extra charm.
5. Braided Hairstyle for Curly Hair:
If you have a curly and medium to long hair, this one could be your best shot. Or if you would like to have curls, simply curl them using a curling machine. The hairstyle is best suited for all ages; teens or the older women. It looks beautiful and is a classy hairstyle for sarees and long skirts that are bright in colour.
- Begin by combing the hair neat. You can use a hairspray or serum to keep them looking tidy.
- Next, if you are planning to curl your hair, pull up a section of hair and tie it at the top. Curl a few selected few strands.
- Start braiding sideways on each curl and bring them to a centre point. Secure them tightly with bobby pins or elastic.
That’s all! This braided hairstyle can be decorated with beautiful and cute pins to make it look attractive and if you have a round face, this is your best! Try this out for a bridal party or a normal weekend outing. The hair stays in place and you will truly look beautiful.
6. Weaving Plait:
Weaving plait gets its name from resembling wavy and neat at the back. The hairstyle is moderately messy and works best on people who have short to long hair. If you have an oval or heart shaped face, this hairstyle will work best for you. Here is how to do this in simple steps.
- Comb your hair straight and pull up a section of hair from the front.
- Secure the hair into ponytail in sections. Now, draw hair from the side and pull it behind the ponytail.
- Draw these into intersections between the ponytail. Comb the hair well and leave it.
You might have to practice a bit before you actually try this out on the D-day. Match the hairstyle with a good simple long skirt, one that is dark in colour. If you are intending to attend a farewell or a bridal party, give this a shot!
7. Simple Hairdo:
Here is an elegant and classy hairdo for any day. It doesn’t matter if you are heading for a party or a get together, this hairstyle is a perfect balance of style and beauty. Try this out for a wedding party or an office get together. Don’t forget to pair this with a mild to dark coloured long skirt.
- Start by combing the hair neatly and pull out a few strands of hair from the sides of the front.
- Twist them and secure it with an elastic With the ends of this pony, start braiding on both the sides. Secure them with an elastic at the end.
- Now, slightly expand the leg of the braid and tie it up to a beautiful bun. This will look like a flower. Secure it with bobby pins.
This simple hairdo will look good for people who have round faces. Match this as a hairstyle on skirt and remember to pair them with a long or ankle length one. You will sure look classy!
8. Ponytail with Twisted Hair:
Ponytails never run out of fashion. They give you ample options to come out with many variants by simple twists and ideas. This ponytail with twisted hair will be a perfect match for all those who have oval or long face.
- Comb your hair and remove tangles if any.
- Part the hair into two. On one side, part it further and take out hair from the front and run it over to the other side, by twisting it. Secure it with an elastic.
- Do the same with the remaining hair and bring all of them into a pony on the side.
Well! It really simple. This hairstyle will perfectly blend with a bridal party or a small get together. It is simple to do and can be tried by adults and teens. Choose a long skirt that is colourful with designs.
9. The Classic Bun:
Here is a classic bun that all of us may want to try on a hot summer day. This is perfect for people who have medium to long hair and comes with a slight twist. Match this hairstyle for skirt with a pretty looking cute skirt, either ankle or long skirt.
- Begin by combing your hair. Use a hairspray if needed.
- Part the hair into two and run them across the two and pull them to a high bun. Do this on each of the side.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins and make sure it is tight too.
This classic bun is our all time favourite. It is simple to do and comfy to wear, looks good across all face shapes and ages.
That’s about the many hairstyles to go with your long skirts. Here are some things you may have doubts on.
- Hairstyle for long skirts are not just meant for skirts. They will go equally with other western and Indian wear.
- Make sure you match the earrings and necklace with the hairstyle. When deciding these, keep in mind that all of them need to align perfectly well, so that one doesn’t stand out more prominently than the other.
- You can optionally include hair accessories to make it look more attractive. That’s up to you! Only be sure you match them the right way.
We hope we have inspired you enough with hairstyles on skirt. Try them out! They are sure fun and a little out of the box ideas that will keep you pumped up for the big day. What’s going to be your pick for the long skirt you have in mind?
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does The Colour of My Skirt Matter?
Honestly, no! It doesn’t matter. What matters is how well you carry it. You may however want to try to balance out the skirt colour to match your hairstyle only so that one of them doesn’t take all the shine of the day.
2. How Long Will it Take for Me to Get Them Right?
That depends on practice. You may be really quick if you are used to trying out hairstyles every now and then. However, if you are new to all this, it is at best you practice a bit every day so that you don’t mess it up on the D-day.
3. Are Hairsprays a Must?
No! they aren’t a must. If your hair is silky by nature, you won’t them. However, if you are looking to increase the thickness of your hair, you may need them, just so that your hairstyle looks perfect.