Are you looking for inspiring heart tattoo designs for your next inking session? Hearts can be etched in different shapes and sizes and can be a timeless addition to your body art collection. Whether it is tiny, filled with colours, large or small, these beautiful hearts’ significance depends upon your state of mind and perception.
The symbolism of a heart tattoo design changes with the design and placement. You can opt for heart-shaped wreaths of flowers to go romantic, keep it modern and graphic with a bold black pattern, or have a sacred heart teamed up with burning flames.
Without further ado, go through this article for layered and meaningful heart tattoo designs so that you can follow your heart.
15 Most Popular Heart Tattoo Designs:
Whether a first-timer or a veteran in the tattoo realm, you can never go wrong with a heart tattoo. We have presented you with a list of beautiful heart tattoo designs you can look at before making a final choice.
1. Heart With Arrow Tattoo:
A heart symbol pierced with an arrow is one of the standard characters engraved by lovestruck people. It also depicts desire, passion, and falling in love, or sometimes may symbolize the pain caused by love. The meaning depends upon the wearer and their perception of love.
- Body Placement: The wrist’s side can be perfect for showing off the design’s beauty.
- Color: Black as a primary colour can be gorgeous yet straightforward. You can also add a colourful splash according to your choice.
- Size: This tattoo looks beautiful in small and medium-sized.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo is suitable for people of all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: People of all genders can get this tattoo engraved.
2. Broken Heart Tattoo Images:
Heartbreak is something we all go through at least once in our life. This tattoo depicts heartbreak and gives you words of advice that tell you it’s okay not to be okay. It is always okay not to feel okay sometimes, and you must give yourself some time to feel better.
- Body Placement: This tattoo looks best when engraved on the forearm, shoulder, or wrist.
- Color: The dark black colour of the heart, with blood drops of red, elevates the beauty of the tattoo.
- Size: Depending on your placement, this tattoo looks good in medium-sized.
- Skin Tone: Due to dark colours, this tattoo suits people with wheatish and fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is ideal for both men and women.
3. Infinity Heart Tattoo:
This infinity symbol intertwined with a heart can be a perfect symbol of limitless love. This tattoo can be engraved for a couple or individually too. Although the design is relatively small, it expresses many emotions.
- Body Placement: This tattoo can be inked anywhere on your body since it looks beautiful.
- Color: Red color used for the heart looks gorgeous against the black-inked infinity symbol.
- Size: This design looks exceptional when engraved in a small size.
- Skin Tone: It is suitable for wheatish, fair, and dusky skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is ideal for both men and women.
4. Anchor Heart Tattoo:
A heart anchor tattoo can be a perfect choice if you want a way to represent your genuine relationship. It usually indicates protection, security, and stability in a relationship. The cross depicts faith, the anchor represents the anchor, and the heart shows love.
- Body Placement: These types of tattoos look excellent on fingers, wrists, heels, ankles, behind the ear, or shoulder blades.
- Color: The use of black as a prime color elevates the beauty of this tattoo.
- Size: This tattoo looks gorgeous when done in small and medium-sized.
- Skin Tone: It is suitable for people of all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Girls usually prefer these designs, but there is no restriction.
5. Butterfly And Heart Tattoo:
Heart and butterfly go hand in hand, representing the love and beauty it has in our life. A butterfly often represents the transformation in one’s life, which further indicates the love life. You can add names in the heart to add a personal touch.
- Body Placement: The beauty of this tattoo is revealed when engraved on the shoulder or chest.
- Color: You can use black as a primary color for the tattoo and splashes of pink filled in the beautiful butterfly tattoos.
- Size: A medium-sized tattoo defines the beauty of this design.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo looks beautiful for people with wheatish and fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Although women of all ages may try it, this tattoo looks stunning on young girls who love to flaunt their bodies.
6. Heart Tattoo Designs On Hand:
With different heart tattoo designs available, choosing one that looks unique and beautiful is daunting. This tattoo can be a perfect option that intertwines two hearts with a few strokes of color on the sides.
- Body Placement: The beauty of this tattoo is elevated when engraved on the arm, biceps, or calf.
- Color: You can use black as a primary color for this tattoo and add colors on the sides to further beautify it.
- Size: A medium-sized tattoo can be the perfect size for this design.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo looks attractive on any skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Girls usually prefer these kinds of designs.
7. Heart Tattoo On The Wrist:
If you are a first-timer in getting a tattoo, you will want to start with a simple one. This small heart tattoo on the wrist can be a perfect choice for first-timers and those who love non-fussy and straightforward designs but are full of meaning.
- Body Placement: The wrist and ankle can be apt places to showcase the beauty of this tattoo.
- Color: Although the primary colour, black, looks good, you can add additional colors per your preference.
- Size: A small-sized tattoo defines its beauty.
- Skin Tone: It looks gorgeous on all skin types.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo looks beautiful on anybody, irrespective of gender.
8. Heart Tattoo On Hip:
Tattoos can be engraved on any part of your body, depending on your choice. This beautiful heart tattoo design looks like a pumpkin carriage with gorgeous vines. The addition of colours elevates the beauty of the design further.
- Body Placement: Although the placement can be your choice, this tattoo looks good on the hips, shoulders, and chest.
- Color: Black is the primary color for the tattoo and is further elevated by including green and red for various tattoo parts.
- Size: This tattoo looks beautiful when engraved in medium size.
- Skin Tone: It is suitable for wheatish and fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Young girls usually prefer these kinds of tattoos.
9. Tribal Heart Tattoo:
Tattoos with initials inscribed are one of the familiar sights in the body art realm. The curves of this heart not only look unique but create a beautiful look for the wearer. The addition of initials makes an emotional meaning, which usually is of lovers or partners.
- Body Placement: These types of tattoos look the best when engraved on the wrist.
- Color: Although simple, this design looks pretty in only black ink.
- Size: Depending on your choice, you can get it in medium or small size.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo looks good on people of all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is inclined towards females.
10. Small Heart Tattoo Designs:
These multiple hearts interlinked with soft and black underlines connecting them to look beautiful and stylish. Tiny hearts in the design make it stand out, elevating the wearer’s style.
- Body Placement: This slender tattoo looks appealing on the ankle, neck, or wrist.
- Color: This tattoo’s basic structure can be done with black hearts filled with red paint.
- Size: Depending upon your choice, this can be inked in medium size.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo looks good on people with any skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Girls or young women usually prefer these kinds of tattoos.
See More: Thigh Tattoo Designs
11. Heart Tattoo On The Shoulder:
The heart is usually related to love’s raw emotion and is a commonly found design for a tattoo. This tattoo is a perfect example of how the design symbolises heartbreak and how we must live through the pain. The knife through the heart and blood splatter may also represent deception from a loved one.
- Body Placement: The chest and biceps are the perfect places to engrave this tattoo.
- Colour: Designing this tattoo with a bright red heart and golden name ribbon makes it look realistic.
- Size: Depending upon the place, this tattoo looks good in a big size.
- Skin Tone: It is suitable for fair skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Men usually prefer these kinds of designs.
12. Heart Shape Tattoo Design With Wings:
A tattoo that depicts a fluttering heart can be not only keen to look at. The addition of wings swaying in a playful motion represents wings of joy. Small strings are added to the heart that looks like vines, with a small beetle adding a natural element to the design.
- Body Placement: This happy heart is perfect for ankles or forearms.
- Color: The red heart stands out against the black and grey shaded wings elevating the design’s beauty.
- Size: Depending upon your choice, a medium-sized tattoo looks the best.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo looks the best on people with wheatish and fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Girls usually prefer this playful tattoo.
13. Beautiful Hand Heart Tattoos:
Two hands forming a heart can be the best concept if you are looking for an attractive chest tattoo. It is gorgeous; the realistic depiction speaks a thousand words, which is beauty. The addition of roses adds a feminine touch to the design elevating it to a new level.
- Body Placement: This tattoo looks best near the chest.
- Color: You can add a bit of colour according to your choice, but it looks good in plain black too.
- Size: This tattoo looks best when engraved in a large size.
- Skin Tone: This is suitable for fair and wheatish skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Females usually prefer these types of designs.
14. Unique Heart Tattoo Designs:
If you are a person who likes simplicity yet wants a bit of pizzazz, this tattoo with dazzling stars forming a heart can be a perfect choice. The unique thing about this pattern is that the heart has a simple line on one side and shiny red stars forming a heart.
- Body Placement: This lightweight tattoo perfectly fits shoulder blades or wrists.
- Color: Black is the primary color used in this tattoo, and dazzling red colour-filled stars make it look excellent.
- Size: This design looks best in medium size.
- Skin Tone: Wheatish, fair and dusky skin tones carry this tattoo well.
- Suitable Gender: Women usually prefer these kinds of designs.
See More: Elbow Tattoo Designs
15. Geometric Heart Tattoo:
Geometric designs have become integral to traditional tattoo designs, giving them a modern touch. This tattoo is a perfect example of a quite literal representation of your heart in a stylish way, and the addition of leaves to the design gives the wearer the beauty of nature.
- Body Placement: The design looks beautiful on the bicep or chest area.
- Colour: You can add a splash of paint if you wish, but this design looks fantastic in its monochrome tone.
- Size: The patterns of this design are elevated when done in a medium or big size.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo suits people with fair and wheatish skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo looks fantastic on both men and women.
Irrespective of the design pattern, several heart tattoo images on the internet can be very appealing. Be it the meaning or design; you will not regret getting a heart tattoo done. But before you make a final choice, go through the adorable heart design tattoos from this article. Don’t forget to let us know how this article has helped you!