Achilles tendonitis refers to a certain condition when there is extreme pain at the back of the lower leg i.e. nearby the ankles and the heels. The pain sometimes also results in the swelling of the legs. The individuals suffering from this problem may find it difficult to walk or run properly due to extreme pain. There are various home remedies for Achilles tendon pain. These home remedies for Achilles tendonitis can work wonders and heal the pain quickly. That is why most of the individuals prefer Achilles tendon pain treatment at home. So if you want a natural healing fortendonitis, then these are the best home remedies for you.
Achilles Tendon Pain: Causes.
Given Below are The Causes of Achilles Tendonitis:
- 1. Increasing Age: As your body gets older, it becomes more vulnerable to injury as well as pain. This is the reason why many parts of your body tend to weaken, including the legs.
- 2. Sudden Increase in Physical Activities: If you are a gym freak, then you might have the habit of doing regular workouts. But you may suffer from Achilles tendonitis if you suddenly increase the intensity of your workout.
- 3. Obesity and Overweight: If you are overweight and obese person, then you might suffer from the problem of Achilles tendon pain as you’re the excess weight of your body puts too much pressure on your legs.
- 4. Wearing ill – Fitting Shoes or High Heels: The ladies who wear high heels generally suffer from the problem of Achilles tendonitis. Same goes for those individuals who have the habit of wearing ill – fitting shoes.
- 5. Medical Conditions: The people who suffer from certain medical conditions such as psoriasis or high blood pressure also suffer from the problem of Achilles tendonitis.
Achilles Tendon Pain: Symptoms.
Given Below are The Main Symptoms of Achilles Tendon Pain:
- 1. Swelling: If you suddenly feel discomfort and pain or notice swelling at the back of your lower legs, especially the heels, then you may be suffering from the problem of Achilles tendonitis.
- 2. Tightness Around The Calf Muscles: The calf muscles are the most vital parts of the legs. If you feel that your calf muscles are losing their flexibility and becoming tight, then this might indicate that you are suffering from Achilles tendonitis.
- 3. Limited Motion of The Legs: If you feel that the flexibility of your legs has decreased and there is a limited kind of motion in them, then you may suffer from Achilles tendon pain.
- 4. The warmness of The Heel: If the skin nearby your heels suddenly feels warm when being touched, then you might be suffering from the problem of Achilles tendonitis.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Achilles Tendon Pain:
If you are looking out for tendonitis ankle treatment at home, then the following top 10remedies for Achilles tendon pain would be the best for you:
1. Ice Pack for Treating Achilles Tendon Pain:
Ice pack is one of the most amazing home remedies for tendonitis. The application of a cold compress on the affected area helps to numb it down, thereby reducing the pain as well as any other kind of inflammation.
- What is The Process: You need to place the ice pack on the area which has been affected and leave it there for around 2 minutes before taking it off. You need to repeat this process for 2 -3 times in order to get better results.
- How Often You Do This: You can repeat this process numerous times in a day.
2. Castor Oil for Achilles Tendonitis:
One of the most significant Achilles tendonitis cure home remedies is castor oil. The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil helps to alleviate the swelling, pain and inflammation.
- What is The Process: You just need to take a tablespoon of castor oil and then apply it directly on the affected area. You need to leave it for around 20 minutes in order to get effective results. You can also place a hot compress over it for getting more effective results.
- How Often You Do This: You can use this tendonitis ankle treatment at home at least twice daily.
3. Consuming Food Rich in Vitamins:
Vitamins C and D are considered to be essential for the human body. They are considered to be the best Achilles tendonitis home treatment. They help in faster treatment of the Achilles tendon pain.
- What is The Process: You need to consume food which is rich in Vitamins C as well as D such as green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, fatty fish, egg yolk, cheese, etc.
- How Often You Do This: The food rich in vitamins should be consumed on a regular basis in order to keep the body healthy and free from any kind of pain.
4. Turmeric Powder for Healing Achilles Tendonitis:
Turmeric powder is considered to be one of the best home remedies for tendonitis. The curcumin compound present in turmeric has various healing properties due to which it results in the speedy recovery from the Achilles tendon pain.
- What is The Process: You need to take one glass of hot milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder into it. You need to mix it well and drink it.
- How Often You Do This: You can take this amazing drink on a regular basis, most preferably during the night time.
5. Peppermint Oil for Massaging The Heels:
Many people do not know that peppermint oil also consists of menthol which is considered to be natural healing for tendonitis. It helps to relieve the swelling as well as the pain inflicted upon the heels.
- What is The Process: You need to mix up 6 drops of peppermint oil along with a teaspoon of coconut oil and then massage this mixture gently on the affected area. You can leave it for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off using water.
- How Often You Do This: You can repeat this process of application 1 – 2 times daily to get better results.
6. Myrrh Oil for Massage:
One of the most wonderful natural remedies for tendonitis is myrrh oil. This is an analgesic and anti – inflammatory oil which has great healing properties. This oil effectively helps in alleviating the symptoms of Achilles tendon pain.
- What is The Process: You need to add 6 drops of this essential oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil and mix it well. After that just massage this mixture on the affected area of the muscles. You need to leave it for around 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- How Often You Do This: Myrrh oil can be applied on the muscles in this manner at least twice daily.
7. Ginger for Healing Achilles Tendonitis:
Ginger is one of the most significant home remedies for Achilles tendon pain. Ginger has anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic properties which help in alleviating the problem of inflammation and pain.
- What is The Process: You need to boil one cup of water in a saucepan and add around 2 inches of ginger into it. Simmer it for about 5 minutes and then strain the mixture. After that, you can drink this ginger tea after cooling it down a bit.
- How Often You Do This: You can drink this amazing ginger tea at least twice daily.
8. Consumption of Bone Broth:
Bone broth is one of the best Achilles tendon pain treatments at home for the individuals. It consists of glucosamine and chondroitin which help in the quick healing of the tendons.
- What is The Process: You need to take around 8 ounces of freshly prepared bone broth and consume them. One glass of freshly prepared bone broth is generally equal to 8 ounces of it.
- How Often You Do This: You can consume a glass of freshly prepared bone broth once daily in order to speed up the process of your natural healing for tendonitis.
9. Epsom Salt for Healing Achilles Tendon Pain:
Epsom salt is considered to be a significant Achilles tendonitis home treatment. It has the power to heal the pain, swelling as well as inflammation in any part of the human body.
- What is The Process: You need to take a jug full of warm water and then add around half cup of Epsom salt into it. You need to pour this entire mixture in a big bowl and then soak your feet into it. You need to sit down for around 30 minutes before taking your feet out and wipe them dry.
- How Often You Do This: This process of treatment can be repeated for 2 – 3 times daily regularly.
10. Sesame Oil as a Remedy for Achilles Tendonitis:
The sesame oil is an amazing kind of oil which is considered to be one of the most necessary Achilles tendonitis cure home remedies. It also helps in the reduction of inflammation and pain.
- What is The Process: You need to take some amount of sesame oil and heat it a bit. After that, you need to start massaging your legs starting from the calf up to the heels in a gentle manner. You need to run your hands in a very gentle way from up to down while applying a little bit of pressure. After that, you need to cover the leg with a thick cloth and leave it that way for some time.
- How Often You Do This: You can apply sesame oil on your legs regularly daily before going to bed at night.
Image Source: 1.