Boils, most commonly known as heat boils, keep bothering each of us, once in a while and not many of us know the real causes and treatments for the same. Boils are medically categorized as a localized skin infection that starts as red spots that appear like raised lumps on the skin. Slowly, the core becomes harder with the formation and accumulation of pus within the red spot making it a boil.
Causes of Boils:
Although boils are categorized as an infection, most boils are not really infection based, they develop due to excessive heat in the body that pops up, causing painful boils. Some boils occur due to excessive consumption of heat-generating foods like mango, jack fruit, drumsticks, etc. Some boils are infectious with bacterial growth. There can be a lot of reasons associated with the occurrence of skin boils but the root cause is the formation of extra white blood cells in the body that collect at a point on the skin forming boils.
Where Do They Often Appear?
Heat boils or skin boils often appear in sensitive places of the body or more heat-generating areas like buttocks, underarms, back, legs or scalp where more sweat is produced.
Be it due to sweat or excessive heat inside the body caused due to the external temperature rise or due to intake of heaty foods, heat boils appear.
Although some heat boils need medical intervention, most heat boils can be cured with the best home remedies when identified in the primary stages. Here we have compiled the most promising heat boil treatment home remedy list to give you a quick pick solution for all types of skin boils.
10 Best Home Remedies for Heat Boils Skin:
1. Neem Paste:
Neem that has natural medicinal properties is used to treat many illnesses and heat boils can be treated too! Indian Lilac as it is known, neem has antiseptic and antibacterial qualities that help in the proper treatment of boils without much effort.
- Pluck some neem leaves
- Wash them cleanly and make a paste out of it.
Another method is to make neem solution
- Take some cleanly washed neem leaves
- Add them to a vessel of boiling water
- Wait for the solution to reduce to 1/3rd. Let it cool down and then use.
- Apply the neem paste on the boils and leave it until it becomes dry and wears off.
- Continue doing it until the boil starts to dry.
- Take the neem solution and rinse the affected areas with it often.
Side Effects: Neem has the best medicinal properties and there is no way that this can cause any side effects.
2. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that naturally has high antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties and is perfect for any form of infection on the skin, including boils. Tea tree oil is known for its pleasant fragrance and is used to prepare many herbal skincare products. This can efficiently cure heat boils and blisters.
Tea tree oil is readily available in small packaged bottles. Although it is slightly priced higher, it is worth a buy! Remember to choose a pure form of tea tree oil.
Take a clean cotton ball, dip it in the Tea tree oil and then dab the cotton ball on the boils directly.
Repeat 4-5 times daily until the heat boils subside.
Side Effects: Tea tree oil is a natural extract of the tea tree and has no relative side effects unless the oil bottle you pick has any other combinations. So pick wisely!
Onion which adds flavour to food recipes is also known for its medicinal value. The Onion is an exceptional vegetable with rich antioxidants and other health-enriching values. The antiseptic properties in onion work wonders on the skin and efficiently cure skin boils.
- Peel a medium-sized onion and wash it.
- Cut into two.
- Cover the onion with a clean and thin fabric.
- Put the fabric covered onion on the skin boils directly 3-4 times a day
- Repeat until the time the heat boils are entirely gone.
Side Effects: Since onion is acidic in nature, it may cause a burning sensation on the heat boil. But this cannot be considered as a side effect. It is as part of the healing.
See More: Home Remedies for Heat Boils on Face
4. Epsom Bath Salt:
Epsom salt is believed to have the power to remove any negativity and refresh the energies. Epsom salt is considered as a natural remedy for many illnesses, especially skin-related ones like heat boils.
- Prepare a soak from water and Epsom salts. This should be used for a good soak for the next 15-20 minutes.
- You could soak in a bathtub filled with warm water and Epsom salt every day to get rid of many ailments. Be it body pains, body rashes or heat boils, Epsom salt does a good job in giving you relief.
You could soak in a bathtub filled with warm water and Epsom salt every day to get rid of any ailments. Be it body pains, body rashes or heat boils, Epsom salt does a good job in giving you relief.
If you don’t have the patience and time to soak in a bathtub, just let the area where the boil appeared be covered with the soak.
Side Effects: There are no possible effects of this remedy.
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property of turmeric along with blood purification benefits will drive away boils within no time.
- Take a glass of warm milk and add half a teaspoon of turmeric to it.
- Or just take a pinch of pure turmeric and add a few drops of oil or honey or with fresh ginger to make a thick paste.
- Have a glass of milk each night that is mixed with a little turmeric. This helps in treating your skin boils efficiently.
- Otherwise use the paste on the boils every day until they disappear. Keep the pack covered for best results.
Side Effects: There are no possible side effects of this remedy.
Garlic, which has a pungent smell and strong flavor, is a good health enhancer. Apart from being an amazing ingredient to enhance the health of the heart and liver, garlic is extremely efficient in treating heat boils.
Take a few peeled garlic cloves, wash and make a paste of them. The heat in garlic will break open the heat boil releasing all the pus formed inside and thereby curing the skin boil efficiently.
Apply the garlic paste on the boils twice a day and watch them disappear.
Side Effects: There are no possible side effects of this remedy.
Cornmeal is a natural absorbent and works great in curing heat boils. Cornmeal naturally is very sticky and absorptive in nature. Therefore, this is used as a boil treatment home remedy.
Bring to boil about half a cup of water and add cornmeal to it to make a thick paste. Cool it down.
- Take the cooled down cornmeal paste and evenly apply it on the boils.
- Cover the area with a cloth.
- Do it 2-3 times a day for effective results.
Side Effects: Since it is a natural food ingredient, there will not be any side effects.
8. Warm Compress:
A good way to treat boils in a home remedial way is to apply a washcloth on it that is dipped in warm water. You can add a little salt to the water for more advantage.
- Take a generous amount of water in a medium-size vessel and heat it.
- Once the water heats up, switch off the flame and transfer the water into another bowl
- Add salt to the water and keep a fresh cloth handy.
- For best results, dip the fresh cloth in the hot saltwater and use it as a warm compress on the boil.
- This should be done for 10 minutes in one session
- Repeat at least 6 times a day for quick relief.
Side Effects: Water and salt have no side effects. However, make sure you dip your finger to check the heat of the water. Sometimes when the water is very hot, it may burn the skin.
9. Cumin Seeds:
Cumin seeds that are best used as spices and also for digestive issues are also amazing at curing skin boils. Being a natural cooling agent, cumin helps in cooling the heat boils and drying them up quickly.
- Take a tablespoon of cumin seeds and soak them in a cup of water.
- Once they are soft and nice, grind them into a nice thick paste.
- Apply the cumin paste on the boils as a pack and leave it to dry.
- Repeat until the heat boils vanish.
Side Effects: Cumin seeds have no side effects on the skin.
Quick Pick Tips:
If you often suffer from painful heat boils anywhere around the underarm, legs, scalp, buttocks, breasts, back or on the thigh area which are the most sensitive spaces, here are some quick tips for you to pick and follow to drive away heat boils and also prevent the painful skin boils.
- Bitter Gourd: This vegetable that is extremely bitter in taste but relishes taste buds when cooked the right way actually has antibacterial properties in it. Make a juice of fresh bitter gourds, squeeze in some generous amount of lemon juice to balance the bitter flavour and take it every day so as to cleanse your body and prevent heat boils.
- Vinegar: Vinegar, an excellent taste enhancer, is also a fantastic cleansing agent. Not just that, vinegar has the power to exceptionally work on heat boils and make them pop off. Soak a cotton ball or brown paper in vinegar and place it on the heat boil. Bandage it and leave it. After a few hours, you will see the spot dry and popping off when you open the bandage.
Now that you have made the boil treatment home remedy list go ahead and use these and go painless when it comes to heating boils. If you found this article informative, comment below with your thoughts.