Injuries are something which might occur at any point or any part of the time, despite all the precautions taken by you. The swelling which occurs because of injuries are very painful. Immediate or prompt action can stop further injuries, damage of tissues and reduce swelling. If no medical or home remedy is taken it may lead to excessive swelling, which might take more time for healing and becomes uncomfortable and restricts your movement also. The pain associated with swelling needs immediate treatment and the home remedy is the one which can be given instantly. The swelling due to injury can occur on any part of the body like face, knee, feet or hands but the initial home remedy lends much of relaxation at that point of time.
Home Remedies for Swelling:
Here are the top 9 home remedies which can reduce minimal swelling which are caused due to injury.
1. Adequate Rest Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
First and the most essential thing is that you should give sufficient rest to your body if you have got injured and due to which any swelling has occurred. Do not move that part or exert any pressure for at least 2-3 days as it helps to repair to heal the damaged cells and reduce swelling in an effective way.
Use the other body part to do daily work and try to give rest to that part so that no strain is caused and the swelling starts healing.
2. Magical Ginger Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
This small ingredient which is used in kitchen has magical and unbelievable benefits as it’s the best home remedy to reduce swelling any pain due to it. It has anti-inflammatory and pain reducing elements called gingerol and help to relax the swelled muscles.
Process to Apply Ginger:
- You can apply ginger oil with any essential oil like mustard or olive oil and gently massage on the injured part.
- Gently massage on the area for 5-10 minutes and do it for 3-4 times a day.
- You can even prepare ginger tea with some honey and sip it slowly to enhance the process of healing.
See More: How To Get Rid Of Water Retention in Leg
3. Miracle Warm Oil Massage Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
This is an effective and tested method as it reduces swelling and even the relaxes the swelled muscles and enhances the blood circulation.
Process to Apply Warm Oil:
- You can apply any medicated oil or mustard oil as it helps to reduce soreness.
- Warm the oil
- Gently massage the swelling area for 5-10 minutes.
- Do not hard press the area and apply for 4-5 times a day.
4. Healing Turmeric Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
Turmeric is used since decades to heal the injuries as it has pain relieving properties and discomfort resulting out of discomfort. It is rich in anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and swelling. You can consume turmeric with milk and honey which heals the injury.
Process to Apply Turmeric:
- You can prepare a paste by mixing two tablespoons of turmeric powder with some tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Gently rub on the swelling area and allow it to get dry.
- Then rinse it off warm water and repeat it for 3-4 times a day until the pain or swelling is gone.
5. Multipurpose Apple Cider Vinegar Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
This solution has alkaline properties and is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and an easy home remedy to reduce swelling occurred due to any injury. You can even consume and use it as an application for reducing the swelling.
Process to apply Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Take equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water heat in on flame.
- Pour it on a towel and wrap it around the swelling for 10 minutes.
- You can repeat the same for thrice a day to reduce the swelling.
- You can add one teaspoon of the solution in a cup of warm water and consume once a day to enhance the healing process.
See More: Home Remedies For Foot Pain
6. Cold Compress Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
Is any part is injured and swelling occurs then immediately cold compress as it offers a numbing effect in the nerve of the affected area and reduces swelling and inflammation.
Process of Cold Compress:
- Wrap some ice cubes in a towel and apply it on the injured area for 10 -15 minutes
- You can repeat the same for 4-5 times a day.
- Ensure that you don’t apply the ice directly on the skin as it can damage that upper epidermis.
7. Elevation Reduces Swelling Due to Injury:
This is one of the most effective therapy through which you can reduce the swelling easily without any hassles as it. Improves the flow of blood and fluids lending comfort from pain and reducing swelling. This process also eliminates waste products and speed up the healing process.
Process of Elevation:
Any part of the body which is injured try to lift that part by placing cushions, or any stool and let other bodies rest on the bed.
8. Pineapple and Pomegranate Juice Reduce Swelling Due to Injury:
Both these fruits are loaded with anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant enzymes which help you to speed up the healing process.
Process of Consuming:
Apart from practising other home remedies, you can consume a juice or smoothie made with pineapple and pomegranate as its anti-oxidants properties enhance the healing process and you accelerate the process.
9. Compression Reduces Swelling Due to Injury:
This is one of the magical methods in which you apply some pressure on the injured part by restricting the blood flow and other fluids. It lends ample amount of stability and stops the deposition of fluid in the affected area in turn reducing the pain and swelling.
Process of Compression:
You can use static bandages or ACE wrap from any medical store and wrap the bandage around the affected area applying even pressure Just ensure that you do not wrap them too tight as it might stop the blood circulation. Keep the bandage for the whole day so that swelling reduces and remove before going to bed
Follow these home remedies on swelling on any part of the body which has occurred due to injury as these tips reduce the swelling and instantly lends you relief. Apart from that keep certain things in mind
- Consume lots of water as it helps in reducing swelling.
- Avoid consuming excessive salt as it might cause water retention thus increasing swelling.
- And avoid any physical activity for 3-4 days and take rest.
- Avoid high heeled shoes and wear soft shoes and sandals and be extra careful while you are walking.