Besides treating weight loss and other skin problems, honey is also suggested for natural cure of eye infections such as pink or red eye, dry and itchy eyes, treating cataracts and corneal problems. Honey is used as an effective eye drop as it has anti-inflammatory properties. Such properties can treat several corneal inflammatory and other infectious conditions.
Researchers have reported that honey is a better natural eye cure for dry eyes than artificial tears. Though the solution contains only 20% honey, it is effectively helpful in treating eye infections even in its diluted form. Whereas using undiluted honey directly into the eyes is a perfect way but it burns also.
See More: Beauty Tips For Pregnant Women
Manuka honey, which is the best preferred honey used for skin also cures blepharitis and dry eye. Using just a tablespoon of manuka honey in boiled then cooled water and pouring it over the eyelids twice each day can treat it permanently.
Now days every one wants to look younger but eye wrinkles are one such common problem which can appear in every early age. Honey is one natural herbal ingredient which also reduces the wrinkles and fine lines but also helps to appear in future.
Methods Of Using Honey For Eyes:
- Mix some good amount of honey with one vitamin E gel to get a fine mixture. Apply this mixture on clean dry face and leave it for about 10 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Mix equal amount of honey, egg-white and lemon juice in a cup and apply it directly under the eye areas.
- Let them dry so that they can work briefly on reducing the wrinkles near the eyes along with tightening the surrounding skin area.
- One can simply use honey by mixing a tablespoon of it with some shredded ginger and consuming it every morning.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of honey, vodka and fennel seeds in a cup and leave this mixture for 3 days. Strain the mixing keeping the fennel seeds away and apply this mixture as a normal facial toner.
- Combining honey, olive oil and cream in an equal amount and mixing them well will give you a fine mixture. Apply this mixture on your skin and keep it for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with plain water.
- For reducing wrinkles, mix a tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoon of powdered milk and a small amount of water in a cup. Apply this paste on the skin and wash it off after 10 minutes.
- One can also try combining a tablespoon each of rice powder and honey in a cup and mix them well to get a paste.
Apply it on the face and wash it off after 30 minutes with water. With regular use of this paste, eye wrinkles will disappear in a very short time.
Honey is an exceptional remedy for treating irritable eyes.
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in a tablespoon of warm water and use it to rinse the infected eye. Repeat this procedure for 2 days twice each day, one in day and one in night time for getting a visible difference. This water also helps the eyes to get rid of cold and redness.
2. Honey’s anti-bacterial properties also treat conjunctivitis (pink eye). Making home-made eyewash by mixing honey with warm milk helps to calm and treat conjunctivitis. Mix them together and keep moving until the honey becomes smooth in the milk. Drop 3-4 drops of this honey-milk mixer with the help of an eyedropper several times a day. The anti- bacterial properties in the honey and the soothing effects of the milk will start to work immediately and within 24 hours it treats the conjunctivitis.
3. Mix equal amount of raw honey in distilled water to make a solution and add 2-3 drops of it into the eye 3 times a day to clear the infections of eyes.