Andhra Pradesh has the rivers Godavari and Krishna passing through its terrain. A large state, it has several interesting cities located within its borders that can be visited on a honeymoon. Here are the 9 best romantic honeymoon places in Andhra Pradesh with images for you amongst them.
Beautiful Honeymoon Destinations to Visit in Andhra Pradesh:
1. Visakhapatnam (Vizag):
A major seaport, Visakhapatnam has excellent beaches with golden sand and clear blue ocean water stretching into its horizon. Yarada Beach and Rishikonda Beach are two such public beaches. Besides these, there are several other tourist attractions such as Katiki Waterfalls near Araku, Indira Gandhi Zoological Park and Borra Caves. It is one of the amazing honeymoon spots in Andhra Pradesh.
- Romantic Things to Do: What is better than a stroll on the beach with your soul mate? Let the sand touch your feet and instill romance in you. Admire the beauty of waterfalls and get amazed by stunning views of the blue ocean. You can also spend your day visiting parks, caves and other tourist attractions.
- How to Reach: Vishakhapatnam is well connected to major city airports. You can take a flight to Vishakhapatnam airports and rent taxis. Vishakhapatnam also has its own railway station known as Vishakhapatnam Junction.
- Where to Stay: Taj Gateway, Novotel and The Park are some of the high range 5-star properties that can offer you a comfortable stay. You can choose from a number of hotel options according to your budget and comfort.
- Best Time to Visit: October to March is the best time to visit Vishakhapatnam as scorching heat in the summer months can be slightly unpleasant.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Do not visit the city in the summer months as it can be extremely hot. However, do not forget to visit caves, parks and other tourist attractions. The beaches are also worth a visit.
Several pilgrims flock to this small town at all times of the year. A major hub of pious individuals, this town is mired in culture and religion sporting several temples that are both beautiful and have rich histories. Sri Venkateswara Temple, Sri Govindaraja Swami Temple and the temple dedicated to God Balaji are only a few of these. This town has other places to visit like zoos and museums too. Talakona Waterfalls, Deer Park, TTD Gardens and Sri Vari Museum are a few of these.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you and your better half want to invest your souls in some divine and peaceful spots, Tirupati is the place for you. Soothe your inner self in the holy atmosphere of beautiful temples. You can also find a perfect romantic setting around waterfalls. Explore gardens, museums, parks and other tourist attractions in your spare time.
- How to Reach: Tirupati airport is well connected to major cities in the country. It is a 15 km drive from the airport to the main city. Tirupati also has its own railway station.
- Where to Stay: There are many five-stars to average rated hotel properties available in Tirupati. Hotels, apartments and lodges are easily available in the city. Some temples provide accommodation as well.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit Tirupati between November and March since the weather is cool and very pleasant.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Tirupati is well known for its temples. Make sure to visit Sri Venkateswara Temple, Sri Govindarajaswami Temple and the very popular Balaji temple.
Vijayawada or Bezawada is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Andhra Pradesh. Like other cities in Andhra Pradesh, it has temples, historical buildings and other attractions such as museums and parks. Undavalli Caves, Mogalarajapuram Caves, Bhavani Island, Kolleru Lake near Eluru, Prakasam Barrage and Victoria Museum are a few of these.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you have planned to spend your romantic holidays in Vijayawada, there is a lot in store for you. This destination has ample parks, caves and museums to visit. For a romantic evening and steaming hot snacks over a conversation, visit the beautiful lakes in the city.
- How to Reach: You can easily take a flight or a train to Vijayawada since it has its own airport and railway station. Vijayawada is well connected to various cities by bus services as well.
- Where to Stay: From luxurious 5-star properties to minimalistic and humble lodges, Vijayawada has a range of hotels available.
- Best Time to Visit: October to March is the ideal time to visit Vijayawada. It has a moderate climate and winters are very mild.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Vijayawada is one of the best honeymoon destinations. Do not miss out on the caves, museums and parks. The magnificent lakes are worth it.
Primarily an agricultural city Nellore can be an excellent honeymoon destination in Andhra Pradesh owing to its temples, gardens, lakes and forts or other architectural buildings. A few of these are Mypadu Beach, Pulicat Lake, Venkatagiri Fort, Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary and Penchalakona waterfalls, Jonnawada temple.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you want to spend the best love vacation with your better half, do visit Nellore. The beautiful gardens, lakes and forests are sure to leave you awestruck. You can also go for a long romantic walk on a beach and let your feet sink in the sand.
- How to Reach: The local railway station can help you conveniently reach this destination. However, if you are taking a flight, the nearest airport is Tirupati. One can rent a taxi from there.
- Where to Stay: There are decent properties available in Nellore for a comfortable stay. You can choose a hotel according to budget and preference.
- Best Time to Visit: October to April is the best time to visit Nellore because of the suitable weather conditions.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Make sure you do not plan your vacation in the summer months as it can be extremely hot here. Waterfalls, lakes, beaches and other tourist attractions are worth your investment of time.
A quiet agricultural city, Chittoor is located on the banks of the Ponnai River. It offers a peaceful environment with exciting tourist activities such as going for walks, exploring historic sites and just enjoying each others’ company. Horsley Hills is a particularly famous tourist spot here. Other such spots are Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary, Kalavagunta, Gurramkonda, Fort Mogili and Ramagiri. It is one of the best honeymoon places in Andhra Pradesh for young couples with hot weather.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you’re looking forward to a vacation spot that gives you the taste of culture, scenic beauty and adventure, do consider Chittoor as a honeymoon location. Horsley Hills is the main tourist attraction of this city which you can explore with your better half. You can also take glances at wildlife in Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary. Couples can share a joyous moment exploring the culture of this city.
- How to Reach: Chittoor has its own railway station connected to major cities in the country. The nearest airport to Chittoor is in Chennai from where you can hire a taxi.
- Where to Stay: There are a number of average to luxurious hotels, lodges and apartments available for rent in the city.
- Best Time to Visit: Since winter and monsoon is the best time to visit this place, you can plan your vacation in the duration of November to April.
- Precautions and other attractions: Horsley Hills is one of the most beautiful and well-known tourist attractions in the city which must be visited by newlywed couples.
Kurnool is one of the oldest towns in not just Andhra Pradesh but the whole of India. Cave paintings trace its existence back to the Paleolithic age. This area is thus, abundant in historical buildings like Kurnool Fort, Adoni Fort, Mahanandi and Belum Caves. Nallamala Forest and the Rollapadu Bird Sanctuary are places for nature lovers to enjoy a variety of flora and fauna. This peaceful town forms a perfect setting for a honeymoon.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you and your loved one are all set to explore the rich culture and history of our country, Kurnool is the place for you. It is the oldest town in India and hence the most authentic beauty. Couples can spend a wonderful time reaching the depths of history in romantic locations.
- How to Reach: Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad and Tirupati Airport are the nearest airports. Kurnool has local railway stations connected to major cities in India.
- Where to Stay: Trident and The Oberoi are some of the most well-known five-star properties in the city. Mid-range hotels are easily available.
- Best Time to Visit: Winter months should be the best time to visit Kurnool as summers can be extremely hot and unpleasant for a honeymoon.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Forts like Adoni and Kurnool are very famous and beautifully depict the history and culture of our country. Couples would love the setting of these gorgeous forts.
A Small town with a rich heritage, Amalapuram houses several important temples devoted to myriad deities. The most beautiful of these include Appanapalli Temple, Ainavilli Siddhi Vinayaka Temple and Sree Veereswara Swamy Temple. It is an interesting visit, especially for pious individuals. Amalapuram is thus, one of the culturally rich honeymoon spots in Andhra Pradesh.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you and your partner are both religious and looking out for a humble getaway, Amalapuram is the perfect honeymoon spot for you. Engage yourself in the pious and serene atmosphere of some beautiful temples. It is a perfect rejuvenation for souls.
- How to Reach: Vijayawada and Rajahmundry are the nearest Airports to Amalapuram. One can conveniently rent taxis from the airport. Palakollu is the nearest railway station from Amalapuram.
- Where to Stay: There are a number of accommodations available in the city. You can rent a hotel room, apartment or lodge according to your comfort.
- Best Time to Visit: The weather in Amalapuram is pleasant throughout the year so the best time to visit is whenever you have ample time for a romantic holiday.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Amalapuram is meant for people who want to spend quality time in the arms of divinity and peace. The temples in the city must definitely be visited.
This Town is similar to Hyderabad and features a mixed population and several important historical buildings and fortresses like Golconda Fort, Trimulgherry fort and other tourist places to visit like Hussain Sagar Lake, Konaseema and Birla Mandir. It is one of the best honeymoon places in Andhra Pradesh. Birla Planetarium, Saidanima Tomb and the All Saints’ Church are other interesting places that one can explore.
- Romantic Things to Do: The rich heritage and cultural beauty of this town will definitely leave you stunned. You can spend a romantic honeymoon with your partner exploring the lakes, caves, temples, forts and other man-made masterpieces. Secunderabad is sure to leave you mesmerized by its aesthetic views and honeymoon spots.
- How to Reach: Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad and Vijayawada Airport are the nearest airports to the city. Sitafal Mandi Railway station is a local railway station well connected to major cities in the country.
- Where to Stay: Novotel, Taj and Marriot are some of the famous five-star hotels in Secunderabad. Many low to mid-range hotels are easily available.
- Best time to visit: If you want to enjoy the monsoon in Secunderabad, late June to early October is a perfect time. The best time to visit the place would be winter.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: The lakes, mandirs and old forts are the main attractions of this town. Do not forget to visit Birla Planetarium, Saidanima Tomb and the All Saints’ Church.
Rich in Vedic culture this town goes way back in history. The Godavari passes through it and is a key reason for its attraction. Papi Hills, Dowleswaram Barrage, Kadiyapulanka nursery, Boating in the Godavari, Kotilingeshwara Temple, Markandeya Temple, Pattiseema, are some of the tourist places that must be visited. With such a large list of interesting activities to engage in, Rajahmundry is one of the best honeymoon places in Andhra Pradesh.
- Romantic Things to Do: What is better than an amusing conversation while boating in the Godavari? Rajahmundry offers you the most romantic spots for a perfect honeymoon setting. There are many activities you can perform with your partner. This is an ideal city for a couple who is looking forward to explore the richness of history and culture.
- How to Reach: Rajahmundry has one of the finest and biggest railway stations in the stated which is well-connected to cities. The nearest Airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
- Where to Stay: There are various five-star and humble properties available in the city. One can easily rent accommodation according to preferences.
- Best Time to Visit: It is neither very cold nor very hot. The climate is moderate and it doesn’t experience a very heavy monsoon. One can visit this place throughout the year.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Boating in the Godavari hill is one of the main activities people perform here. Papi Hills will give you the pleasure of scenic beauty that you need for your vacation.
Now that we have listed the best honeymoon destinations in Andhra Pradesh, you must hurry and book your visit. It is a perfect location for couples looking for adventure, serenity, scenic beauty, culture, heritage and a taste of history. The pleasant weather of the cities will make your vacation even more joyful. If the given information has helped you, do not forget to leave feedback and share it with friends!
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
1. Is Summer a Bad Time to Visit Andhra Pradesh?
Most cities in Andhra Pradesh experience an extremely hot summer. Some cities have a moderate climate and thus can be visited throughout the year. We would suggest that you plan your holiday in the winter months as it is extremely pleasant in that duration. Monsoon can also be a perfect time to visit the state if you are fond of rains.
2. Is There any Precaution to Take Before we Plan to Visit Andhra Pradesh?
Andhra Pradesh is a big state and is pretty safe for tourists. People thoroughly enjoy the richness of culture and scenic beauty that the state offers. There are no such precautions that you need to take before you plan a vacation. However, we would recommend you to not visit during summer. Summers can be extremely hot for couples wanting a romantic and convenient getaway!
3. Where Can I Find Beaches in Andhra Pradesh?
Vishakhapatnam is a well-known city in Andhra Pradesh and is very famous for its beaches. If you and your loved one want to spend some quality time on a beach, this is the ideal location for you. Yarada Beach and Rishikonda are the two most popular public beaches in Andhra Pradesh. You might also enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and lakes in the city.