Hoping to get married this summer and wish to go away on a romantic honeymoon with your spouse, but still don’t know where? Well, you have exactly to the right place. Here we have enlisted some of the most exotic locations in India that you can visit, especially in the month of May. All of them are suitable for the summer season and are sure to give you a good retreat.
Best Honeymoon Places in India in May:
1. Mount Abu:
Mount Abu is a well-known hill station located in Rajasthan. This place is almost like an oasis located in the middle of the desert. The temples here are remarkable and the captivating beauty of this place are sure to make your honeymoon memorable. This place is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India and is probably the gorgeous place you shall visit.
- Couples can have a lot of outdoor fun as well as indoor at Mount Abu like trekking, camping, Rock Climbing, taking a helicopter ride, visiting Dilwara Jain Temple, Honeymoon Point to name a few.
- Mount Abu can be reached via air, rail, and road. The nearest airport is at Udaipur and upon reaching you can opt for a taxi or travel by public transport. The railway is another option wherein the nearest railway station would be Abu Road Station. You can always travel via road if you wish so from any part of the country.
- Hotel Hillock, Palace hotel and hotel Mount Regency are some of the most preferred hotels in this place. You can also find hotels on a budget and homestays which are comparatively cheaper.
- The local cuisine is very vibrant that you could spend a whole day just to have the food. Foods like Bajre Ki Roti, Gatte Ki Khichdi, Laal Maas, Malpua will leave you wanting more.
- Spending a week would be ideal for newlyweds.
Kodaikanal is an ideal destination for all couples who love nature and are looking for a romantic holiday. The Kodak Lake is remarkably beautiful and has the most amazing boat cruises you can get on to. The best time to visit this place shall be during May as the weather is quite pleasant at this time of the year. Coming to a place shall never cause regret.
- Kodaikanal like most of the hill stations provides couples with outdoor activities such as trekking to Vattakanal, Pambar Falls, Dolphins nose, and also camping.
- Be it via air or by rail; you can reach nearby major cities like Chennai and Bangalore from which you can opt for certain public transport, or taxis. If you decide to travel via road you will be it would be 3- 4-hour journey from most south Indian states.
- Kodaikanal has a lot of options when it comes to staying at hotels like Villa Retreat, Kodai Resort, SterlingKodai Lake. You may choose other staying options like homestays and lodges namingly Representation of clouds, Country Woods which are reasonable and are equally good.
- Most types of food including south Indian food, continental, intercontinental are available in the main areas of Kodaikanal. You can also get good Tibetan cuisine.
- A Four-day trip to this heaven would soothe your mind and soul.
Alappuzha is located in the beautiful state of Kerala and is known as “Venice of the East.” The sparkling blue waters, beaches, lagoons and long stretches of sand are the most attractive part of this place. It is a great place for all those young couples who are looking for a time of relaxation and peace. It also has great houseboat experiences which you are bound to enjoy.
- Know as the Venice of the east your priority upon reaching Alappuzha should be to rent a houseboat in the backwaters of Alappuzha. Other activities may include visiting the Alappuzha beach and the lighthouse. You can choose to end your tour by visiting the Ambalapuzha Sree Krishna Temple.
- Be it by air, rail, or by road you are covered. Alappuzha lies close to Cochin which makes it accessible for people around the country to reach without much hassle. Your nearest airport would be the Cochin International Airport which is just 75Km away. You can rent a taxi, or vehicle and drive yourself to your destination. There are frequent trains and public transport buses to Alappuzha from most places in the state.
- You can have a lot of seafood being here among which MeenMolagitta Curry, smoked fish, and Fish molly are something you must have. And also you can have the duck curry and fry which is also great.
- You must stay afloat in one of the houseboats at night, which is a no-brainer for everyone visiting Alappuzha. Other options for a stay would include hotels and resorts by the lakeside.
- Spend 3-4 days at this place which is sure to leave great memories for your lifetime.
Mysore is full of history and culture. It is well known for its charming and evergreen Brindavan gardens. The Mysore palace located here looks amazing, especially at night. The musical fountains here are pretty and should surely be visited between the months of March to June.
- Visiting the Mysore Palace, Brindavan gardens, Somnathpur Temple, Srirangapatna, Railway Museum Mysore, Karanji Lake, and many more historical and natural places would consume of most of your time in Mysore.
- Mysore is also a major city in India and is well connected by air, rail and road. Mysore has its airport and reaching your destination would be accessible by renting a taxi, uber, or car. Further, you can also instead rent a two-wheeler if you are into it. You can also reach Mysore by road from most parts of the country.
- Mysore masala dosa, mutton pulao, churmuri, are some of the local cuisines you can try out. You can also get most Indian cuisine in Mysore.
- Windflower Resorts Mysore, Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Southern Star Mysore, are the highest rated hotels and resorts in Mysore, and it has a lot of homestays, government resthouses and lodges to choose from.
- Couples can cover most of the spots mentioned above and more in a span of 4-5 days.
Dalhousie is one of the gorgeous hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. It is beautiful, calm and the environment here is balmy and comfortable. The springs of this place are known to possess medicinal properties. The snow-capped mountains look marvellous at all times of the year, although the best time to visit should be summer. However, they are quite breathtaking and picturesque to look at.
- Khajjiar a place where you can indulge in horse riding and paragliding, at Panchpula you can do sports like Boating, ziplining, followed by Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary are some of the tourist attractions Dalhousie has to offer for couples.
- The nearest airport is 107Km away at Gaggal, Pathankot Railway Station is about 87Km away, from which you could hire a taxi to reach your destination. Buses from cities like Dharamshala, Delhi, Chandigarh are available to travel on a budget.
- Available in Dalhousie such as Indian, Chinese, and intercontinental cuisine for quench your hunger.
- Dalhousie offers luxury hotels as well as hotels on a budget.
- 3-4 days is what couples can allocate to spend their time in this beautiful hill station.
Manali is a well-known hill station of the Himalayan ranges. The snow and the mountains create that very romantic and gentle mood that honeymooners look forward to. The Solang Valley here is an ideal place for picnics, and the orchards, temples, caves, and temples are sure to make your honeymoon very interesting and exciting.
- Manali is pretty unique due to its snow-covered mountains and weather. There are a lot of activities that couples can do in this place. In case you love adventures, a must-visit place is Rohtang Pass. It offers several adventure activities such as snow scooter rides, skiing, paragliding and so on. You can opt to visit the old Manali and Hadimba temple as well. Further, do not forget to rejuvenate yourself at the Vashist Hot water springs.
- In case you want to reach this place, the nearest airport is located in Bhuntar which is around fifty km away from Manali. There are busses from several parts of the country, especially Delhi. Couples who live nearby can also drive to this place as the driveway is good and scenic. The local food delicacies among must-haves are Dham, Kadhichawal, red rice, and river trout.
- Our top pics of hotels or resorts to stay in include River country resort, spa resort, white meadows resorts. Further, you can also find easily many budget-friendly hotels around along with homestays. In case you are in the honeymoon, you can experience the place best by spending around five to six days here.
McLeod Ganj is located in Dharamshala and is enriched with beautiful temples that are monolithic and very exquisite. The waterfalls here are something to look forward to and have great activities such as rock climbing and trekking you can engage in. They will make your honeymoon fun and adventurous.
- McLeod Ganj is well connected by air rail and by road from all major cities in the country and hence makes it quite easy to reach this place. The nearest airport is the Gaggal Airport, railhead at Pathankot Junction.
- Boat ride in Dal Lake, trekking, camping, and hiking and stargazing are some of the activities you and your better half can indulge in. You should also visit the various temples, monasteries in the place.
- House Om Tara, Pawan Guest House, Hotel Hill Town, Pink House,
- Fortune Park Moksha are some of the best places to retreat after your daily activities and rest.
- There is a lot of Tibetan settlement in this place and hence it’s a no brainer to try out some authentic Tibetan cuisine.
- You may choose to stay for 4-5 days at McLeodganj.
The romantic city of Shillong is full of hills and valleys that are sure to mesmerise you and your lover. The Elephant Falls and Umiam Lake are a few of those great places you can visit here. The place is also known for its churches, temples, and waterfalls and has some of the ideal picnic spots you shall witness.
- Boating, Trekking, Horse Riding, Kayaking at Kynshi River are some of the activities that couples must do.
- You can reach the nearest cities via air and by train, after which one must complete the remaining journey by road either by renting a Taxi, or taking public transport or reach by driving to the Shillong.
- This is yet another place in our list that has a Tibetan settlement, and the food you must have also feature some Tibetan traditional food such as momos, pork roast, and spare ribs.
- RiKynjai, Royal Heritage Tripura Castle, Aerodene Cottage, The Habitat Shillong are some of the hotels that assure to give you a great experience. Depending on your preference, you may choose to stay in one of the regal and nature-rich hotels and resorts.
- Due to the wide variety of several such activities and places Shillong has to offer you may take up to a weeks time to spend time with your partner.
Darjeeling is the most beautiful hill station in West Bengal. The food here is absolutely remarkable. It is surrounded by lakes and forests that increase the gorgeous beauty of this place.
- The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport which is 96 Km away; the nearest railway station is at New Jalpaiguri, which mean for the final leg of your journey you will have to take a public transport taxi or self drive a car to your destination.
- Take a ride on the iconic toy train, Visit Tiger Hill, Darjeeling ropeway, go on a shopping spree at Chowk Bazaar.
- Mayfair Darjeeling, Pine Tree Spa Resort, Cedar Inn, Little Tibet, KhushAlaya, Central Nirvana Resort are some of the hotel are resorts that fall under all budget groups which we would recommend. There are also homestays and lodges available if you are very stringent on budget.
- Momos, Thukpa, Alu Dum, Dalle, Naga Cuisine, are some of the local cuisines you can try out. There are lots of hotels that serve most Indian cuisine and delicacies if you would want to have them. You must try the world-famous Darjeeling tea.
- Once again due to the abundance of activities and places to see at this hill station spending a weeks time would be adequate.
Spending your most precious time in the mystical land of India would be the best option to make. We would love to help you with more details and information. Do mail to us or leave a comment below. Don’t forget to share this treasure mine of facts and tips with your friends and family.
Q1: Do international travellers require a visa to visit India?
Ans: If visitors wish to travel to India solely for travel, and if they plan to stay no longer than 30 days, they can easily apply for an e-visa online.
Q2: Is the weather predictable and travel-friendly at Mt. Abu?
Ans: It is summer in May AT Mt. Abu which makes the stay completely safe, and the weather is beautiful and totally right for both indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
Q3: Where do I find reliable honeymoon packages?
Ans: There are numerous travel agents and online services that offer competitive and reliable packages suite to your tastes. Some of the famous ones are Tripsaver, Akbar Travels, Thomas Cook, etc.