Located in the southwestern part of the sub-continent, Kerala is one of the most popular tourist and honeymoon locations. It is known as ‘God’s own country’ or the ‘paradise on earth’. The dazzling beauty of this state will leave you mesmerized and in awe. Unique to the state are its backwaters, an extensive work of interconnected rivers that has a serene beauty and keep the state forever green. Kerala is known for its rich greenery and backwaters that hold serenity and peace. Some of the hills stations like Munnar, Vagamon and Wayanad are known for their chilled climate untouched by city buzz and pollution. Here are a few beautiful places that you have to take your better half to!
6 Beautiful Honeymoon Places in Kerala:
Discover the ultimate honeymoon destination in India with a romantic getaway to Kerala. From breathtaking backwaters and serene beaches to luxurious resorts and exquisite cuisine, Kerala has everything you need to make your honeymoon a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Book your honeymoon in Kerala now and create unforgettable memories with your loved one.
It is a district in the town of Kalpetta. The hill shares borders with Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. The place has various offers and packages for honeymoon trips. Green gates hotel is one of the most popular ones in the area. Their package includes everything for your exotic stay and sightseeing and other activities are included. They also have a handful of choices for the rooms that you would like to stay in.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you both love to try something adventurous, plan a trek to Chembra peak. That will surely be one of the best memories as the view you get from the top of the peak will blow your mind.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport to reach Wayanad is Calicut International Airport which is around 65-75 km. If you are coming by train, take a train to Calicut and drop down at the same station. From there you can come by bus or taxi to reach Wayanad. By road, there are many buses plying to Wayanad from different parts of Kerala.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Wayanad would be during October – May as it is ideal for sightseeing and trekking, wildlife trips and photography. June to September is meant for people who love to see the greenery of Wayanad with rainfalls.
- Where to Stay: You can rest at the Vythiri village resort to have that perfect romantic stay in Wayanad. The ambience and environment around the resort are so mesmerising.
- Other Attractions: Pookode lake, Edakkal cave, tea estates, Kuruva islands.
The beach town near Thiruvananthapuram is one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Apart from its beach and resort, Kovalam is also growing on Ayurvedic tourism (which includes amazing ayurvedic massage, spa and relaxation therapy). There are a large number of beach resorts in Kovalam and there are various transportation facilities that link Kovalam to all the nearby splendid beaches.
- Romantic Things to Do: Take a sightseeing trip on a houseboat and through the Karamana River, Vellayani Lake and Vizhinjam rock-cut cave temple.
- How to Reach: By air, the nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport which is just 15 km away from the city. By train, you can get down at Trivandrum central railway station and choose to visit Kovalam which is 12 km from the station. If you are coming by bus, frequent buses are servicing from different parts of Kerala.
- Best Time to Visit: It is perfect for visiting Kovalam during the winter season – November to February where the temperature will be moderate. One can also spend some good time on the Kovalam beach during this time.
- Where to Stay: You can halt and stay at Kovalam beach retreat which gives a perfect sea view from the balcony or spend one night in a houseboat.
- Other Attractions: Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwanthari Ashram, Kovalam beach, Vellayani Lake, Chowara Village & Beach and The Tides by Leela.
The dazzling hill station is a four-hour journey from Cochin. The green carpets unwrap to display beautiful waterfalls and tea gardens that assure a serene and a larger than life experience for your honeymoon. There are various types of resorts that are equipped with steam baths and Jacuzzis. Sightseeing is a must here. There are many places that you wouldn’t want to miss seeing. The sun-kissed hills are an ideal location for some special times for the two of you.
- Romantic Things to Do: plan surprise candlelight for your partner near the tea gardens or experience love in camping if you both love to have something adventurous.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport which is 125 km away from Munnar. The Nearest railway station is Aluva or Cochin. From there you can hire a taxi or cab. By road, there are buses that reach Munnar or take a taxi to reach Munnar.
- Best Time to Visit: Winter is the perfect time to visit Munnar – September to December
- Where to Stay: You can stay at tea county Munnar for a blissful view
- Other Attractions: Lockhart Tea Factory, Munnar echo point, Carmelagiri Elephant Park and Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
Vagamon is another beautiful hill station with cool temperatures throughout the year. Vagamon is a beautiful home to a variety of flowers and ferns. The meadows and the pine forests are a must visit and there are resorts that provide the entire package for sightseeing and activities to make your stay worth every moment.
- Romantic Things to Do: a walk through the misty Vagamon pine forest just melts your heart for your soulmate. If you are a bit adventurous, then trekking to Barren hills would be preferred.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Cochin International airport which is 100 km away. The Nearest railway station is Kuttikanam, which is 22 km away from Vagamon. The Nearest bus station is the Vagamon bus stand where buses from different districts and cities reach.
- Best Time to Visit: It would be a pleasant experience to visit Vagamon during March – June, as the temperature would be moderate.
- Where to Stay: Winter Vale and Vagamon Heights are some of the top-rated resorts to have a night stay.
- Other Attractions: Barren hills, Thangal Para, Marmala waterfall, Vagamon pine forest, Vagamon lake, Mundakayam Ghat and Idukki dam.
The coastal town of Varkala is also an extremely beautiful beach and you cannot miss the sunset (it will be possibly the most romantic moment with your better half). It is the only place where you’ll find cliffs adjacent to the sea. The Varkala formation has various spouts and spas on the other side of the cliff formation. The local restaurant sells mouth-watering food and shops that sell local products.
- Romantic Things to Do: An evening walk through the Varkala beach enjoying the sunset and planning a candlelight dinner is awesome.
- How to Reach: The nearest railway station is Trivandrum or Varkala. If coming by bus, one can get down at Varkala bus stand. There is also a houseboat ride from Cochin that takes you to Varkala.
- Best Time to Visit: October to February is the perfect time to visit.
- Where to Stay: Clafouti beach resort would give you a beach view experience from your room.
- Other Attractions: Kappil lake, Anchuthengu and Anjengo Fort, Janardana Swami Temple
Paravur is the ideal place to experience a memorable sail on the backwaters. It is close to Varkala and the inland waterway system is unique to this place. You must try it. Paravur lake is also a must-visit. Resorts do have various offers and discounts for your special time together.
- Romantic Things to Do: A night stay in the houseboat that sails in the backwaters is an ideal choice for honeymoon couples.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Cochin international airport, the nearest bus station is the Paravur bus stand where buses from all parts of the state come. You can also pick a taxi from Cochin to reach Paravur. The Nearest railway station is Paravur station.
- Best Time to Visit: During October – December, as the temperature would be perfect for sightseeing.
- Where to Stay: There are many resorts and villas that offer homestays for tourists and couples visiting Paravur.
- Other Attractions: Vallarpadam church, Marine Drive, Muziris Heritage, Munakkal beach,
Kerala is surely God’s Own Country because of its rich culture, heritage and serenity. For newly married couples, Kerala offers many honeymoon packages that are worth trying. Apart from these places mentioned above, there are other romantic spots like Nelliyambathy, Athirapilly, Kumarakom, Thekkady etc.
- 1. Which are the Hill Stations in Kerala?
- Ans: There are many places like Wayanad, Vagamon, Munnar, Thekkady and Nelliyambathy that is known for its chilled climate and misty fog.
- 2. Which is the Best Time to Visit Kerala for Honeymoon?
- Ans: Kerala is best during the winters (October – January) as the temperature would be chilling and pretty cool compared to other times when it is hot and humid.
- 3. How Many Days Should I Spend for Honeymoon in Kerala?
- Ans: You can make a 5 – 7 day trip to Kerala and visit all these places mentioned above.
- 4. Where is the Houseboat Available?
- Ans: Kerala is known for its rich backwaters and houseboat journey. If you are planning to visit Kerala for a houseboat stay, then come to Alleppey.