Sikkim is one of the quiet, peaceful and most beautiful hill stations in India. It provides the perfect setting for a romantic holiday with your loved one. Nestled amongst the foothills of the Himalayas, Sikkim has a lot to offer to its tourists. Here is a list of the nine best honeymoon places in Sikkim.
Beautiful Honeymoon Places In Sikkim:
The capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok has a lot to offer. These include Snow capped ranges of Mt Kachendzonga, Jhakri Falls and Kyongnosla Water Falls, scenic beauty, nature at its best and peaceful monasteries such as the Enchey Monastery.
- Gangtok offers you scenic beauty and nature at its best. Get lost in the beauty of Gangtok and admire the waterfalls and monasteries. Couples are sure to get mesmerized by the scenery and blissful environment of this honeymoon location.
- The nearest airport to Gangtok is in Bagdogra, West Bengal. It is around 124kms away from Gangtok. You can easily rent a car or taxi from the airport. The views and Teesta River in the backdrop on your way are sure to leave you stunned. You can also take a helicopter from Bagdogra. The nearest railway station is Jalpaiguri in Siliguri.
- October to Mid-December is the best time to visit Gangtok. This beautiful hill station in the Northeast offers pleasant weather throughout the year.
- There are many five-star properties and humble hotels available in Gangtok. You can choose accommodation according to your budget and convenience.
- Nathu La, Rumtek Monastery, and Namgyal Institute of Technology are some of the most famous tourist attractions in Gangtok. These locations are a must-visit for honeymoon couples.
2. Tsomgo Lake:
The route to this lake is scenic and unbelievably beautiful. The winding roads set amidst the snowy White Mountains makes for one hell of a romantic drive. If you are a nature lover, you’ll get to see some rare beauties that include flowers like Primulas, Blue and Yellow Poppies, and other Irish flowers. The lake also offers pony and yak rides that might seem adventurous to one, depending on their temperament. Suffice it to say, that this lake will meet all your expectations.
- There is no way that couples would not fall in love again here. Tsomgolake is one of the most heavenly and stunning honeymoon locations in Sikkim. If you and your life partner want to feel closer to nature and its wonders, this is the perfect place for you to share a moment of peace and love.
- You will have to drive for nearly 2 hours to reach Tsomgolake from Gangtok. The nearest airport to Gangtok is in Hangdog, West Bengal. It is around 124kms away from Gangtok. You can easily rent a car or taxi from the airport.
- There are many hotels, lodges and other humble accommodations available in Gangtok and also near the lake. One can easily rent a place according to their budget and comfort.
- October to Mid-December is the best time to visit Tsomgo Lake. The beautiful scenic view of this honeymoon location is better enjoyed in the winter months. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
- The pony and Yak rides will surely give you an adventurous rush. Make sure you engage in these activities to make your honeymoon unforgettable.
More than white this town is green. It has several variety of flowers dotting all its streets and gardens – covering the entire town. The Sherdup Choeling Monastery present here is a must-visit. Rock Garden, tea gardens, Khangchendzonga range and the Namchi Mahotsav are the key attractions of this place.
- Love birds are sure to love Namchi for the lush green gardens, tree gardens and beautiful aura it has to offer. It is an ideal location for newly married couples who have immense love for nature. You must the gardens and Monastery with your better half.
- The nearest airport to Namchi is the Bagdogra Airport. You can conveniently rent a taxi or a cab from this airport to reach your destination. The nearest railway station to Namchi is New Jalpaiguri and the hill-town of Namchi is well connected to nearby cities by roads.
- There are many hotels and lodges available in Namchi. Couples can easily rent a stay according to their preferences and budget.
- March to May is the best time to visit Namchi. The temperature is moderate and your vacation can be pleasant. Another suitable duration is September to November.
- Samdruptse, Temi Tea Garden, Ngadak Monastery and Char Dham temple are other major tourist attractions in Namchi.
This small town located in Sikkim is situated on one of the most exciting trekking trails of Sikkim. It’s a tranquil, small and homely place with small cottages and thatched roofs. It is like something out of a picture book. A peaceful day spent exploring the empty but beautiful areas here is the perfect way to start a honeymoon. It houses several places for nature lovers to visit like Khangchendzonga National Park and the historic Norbugang Park. It has monasteries, the most famous of which include the Dubdi Gompa and Kathok Wodsalin Gompa. Tashitenka is a historic monument situated here.
- Which couple wouldn’t like to get a taste of history and nature? Dive into the natural beauty and rich history of Yuksom. It is one of the most enjoyable honeymoon places in Sikkim. Love Birds can explore the parks and monasteries in this town.
- The nearest railway station to Yuksom is New Jalpaiguri which is around 150kms away. You can easily hire a taxi from the railway station to reach Yuksom. The nearest airport is Bagdogra and it is 170kms away from Yuksom. Taxis are available at the airport as well.
- There are many hotels and lodges available in Yuksom and neighbouring towns. One can easily rent accommodation according to budget and comfort.
- Summers in Yuksom offers pleasant weather for tourists to explore this place. The temperature stays around 10 degrees. Couples can also visit this town in winters but the weather gets very chilly.
- Khecheopalri Lake, Kanchenjunga Falls, Pemayangtse Monastery are other major tourist attractions of Sikkim and in this humble town.
Another small village located at a high elevation above sea level, Zuluk has much to offer. Its key attractions include Nag temple, Mt Kanchenjungha and Thambi View Point. It is one of the best honeymoon spots in Sikkim.
- If all you love birds want to do is please your eyes and appreciate nature, this is the best honeymoon destination for you. This village is located at a high elevation and has a lot in store for newly married couples. It is surely one of the most romantic honeymoon places in Sikkim.
- Zuluk is about 4 hours drive away from Gangtok. One can reach Gangtok by both railway and air. The nearest airport to Gangtok is Bagdogra Airport. Jalpaiguri and Siliguri are the nearest railway stations.
- There are many hotels and lodges available in this village. You can easily book a humble and cozy accommodation according to your budget and comfort.
- The best time to visit Zuluk is August and September. These months bring to you the view of wildflowers in the entire village. The weather is very pleasant for couples to enjoy their romantic getaway.
- Thambi viewpoint, Sikkim Silk route and Lungthung viewpoint are the major tourist attractions. Love birds must not miss out on these breathtaking views.
6. Nathula Pass:
This lies on the border of India and Tibet. It was a part of the old silk route of trade and is thus a place of great historic value. It also has much to offer in terms of aesthetic appeal. Situated in the lap of the Himalayas it is surrounded why snow capped peaks. Besides walking in the snow, it also has a beautiful war memorial which tourists love visiting.
- This place of immense historic value can prove to be a great honeymoon spot for newly married couples. It not only offers scenic beauty but also has a war memorial. Love birds are sure to enjoy the essence of history and beauty in this place.
- The nearest airport to Nathula pass is Bagdogra. It is nearly 178kms away from the airport. The nearest railway stations are Jalpaiguri and Siliguri. Taxis are available at the airport as well as the railway station.
- There are hotels and lodges available in and around the Nathula Pass. Couples can book the accommodation according to comfort and budget.
- April to mid-June is the best time to visit Nathula pass. Winter months can be extremely frosty and chilly and temperature may drop to -25 degrees. Monsoons are a great threat to this honeymoon spot because of the possibility of landslides.
- Baba Harbajan Singh Mandir, Mera Bharat Mahan hill and staircase to Indo-china Border are other major tourist attractions here.
7. Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley:
A small village, this is the residence of several Tibetan tribes. Located way up in North Sikkim this place has the most romantic thing to offer – snow! Walking along its streets, just basking in each other’s company and enjoying the view is a perfect way to spend one’s honeymoon. This is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Sikkim. The Gurudongmar Lake here is frozen during winter and is a must-visit. Lachung Gompa is one of the famous monasteries located here.
- The best way to explore the rich culture of Sikkim is to visit Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang valley. Couples can admire the alluring views of this place and enjoy some traditions put into food and activities. This is a perfect honeymoon location for couples looking out for some adventure.
- One can reach Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang valley by road from Gangtok. The nearest airport to Gangtok is Bagdogra and the nearest railway stations are Jalpaiguri and Siliguri. Hire a taxi to reach Gangtok. You will have to stay in Gangtok for a night and start your journey the next day.
- There are many cozy hotels and lodges available in Gangtok as well as the valleys. One can conveniently rent a place according to budget and preference.
- Late February to June is the best time to visit these valleys. The weather is pleasant and you will also get to see the blossoming of flowers in Mid-June.
- Bhewma falls, Amitabh Bachchan waterfalls, BhimNala falls and Lachung River are other major attractions worth a visit.
8. Teesta River:
His river is frozen during winters and looks scintillating and pure during summers. Depending on the month you’re visiting this place in, you can engage in various adventure sports here. These include river rafting and kayaking during the summers. This place also has the most beautiful birds.
- You and your loved one can share a moment of romance near this River. Teesta River offers a beautiful honeymoon spot for couples. People looking for some adventure can come here and try river rafting and kayaking. Bird watching is also an activity which tourists thoroughly enjoy here.
- Teesta River is approximately 180kms away from Gangtok. You can reach Gangtok by air or railway. The nearest airport to Gangtok is Bagdogra and the nearest railway stations are Jalpaiguri and Siliguri. Hire a taxi to reach Gangtok. You will have to stay in Gangtok for a night and start your journey the next day.
- There are many hotels and lodges available near the Teesta River. One can easily rent accommodation according to budget and comfort.
- December to June is the best time to visit the Teesta River. You can enjoy the water sports and the pleasant weather. Totally avoid visiting this place in monsoon due to swelling of rivers because of rain.
- Teesta River offers you an ideal spot for a honeymoon. The watersports are a must try and couples will surely enjoy the adventure.
The small town of Sikkim Ravangla has panoramic vistas and yak rides and other typical places of interest. It provides a peaceful setting perfect for a romantic getaway.
- This is one of the most beautiful and serene locations in Sikkim. Couples are sure to get captivated by the beauty of local attractions and other activities. Newly married couples should also go for yak rides here to make their love vacation more memorable.
- The nearest airport to Ravangla is Bagdogra airport. It is located at a distance of approximately 130kms. The nearest railway stations are Siliguri and Jalpaiguri. You can rent a taxi from the airport as well as the railway station to reach your destination.
- There are many hotels and homely lodges available in this region. You can rent accommodation according to your comfort and budget.
- The summer season is the best time to visit Ravangla. Tourists also prefer to visit this place for their honeymoon in the months of September, October and November.
- Buddha Park of Ravangla (image), Tashiding Monastery, and Bon Monastery are other major tourist attractions here.
Thus, Sikkim has some of the best honeymoon destinations in India and is an amazingly appropriate location for a honeymoon.