Some time or the other we have always been in that state and to be honest, it is not a very nice to place be in. Constipation generally occurs when the diet intake does not suit you and clogs your system causing problem in the bowel movement. There are various reasons that lead to constipation. Some of them are slow transit, colonic hypo-mobility or obstructed defecation. During constipation the stool becomes hard, dry and stony leading to a lot of pain while defecating. Some of the many other symptoms of constipation are as follows.
- Nervous exhaustion
- Abdominal pain
- Rectal bleeding
- Abdominal swelling
- Weight loss
- Feeling of complete evacuation and more
Being constipated is one of the most irritating and annoying feelings. And whenever a person is constipated, you will hear the maximum complains. Some of the components that trigger constipation are as follows.
• Physical inactivity
• Habit of holding back stool for a longer period of time
• Changes in the excretion routine
• Too much use of stimulant laxatives
• Heavy metal toxicity
• Low intake of fluid
• Low fibre diet
• Medical conditions such as diabetes, cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, hypothyroidism and more.
• Medications such antidepressants, diuretics, antihistamines, antispasmodic and so many more.
Besides the prescribed medication, it is necessary to acquaint yourself with some of the remedies that can help to cure constipation. Few of the ways that help to cure constipation are listed below.
• Since constipation leads to drying of stools, your fluid intake should increase in order to prevent drying of stools.
• Usage of hot water suppositories or enema in order to rid yourself off the hard farcical matter.
• Usage of counter laxatives such as Sofradex power or Istanbul Nature Care to aid in the free bowel movement.
• Removing the farcical matter using your finger.
• Be patient while removing the faecal matter.
There are fruits available in the market as well that helps in aiding the free bowel movement and they are –
Natural Tips for Constipation :
Consumption of one or two oranges before bedtime or after waking time is an effective way to avoid constipation.
Since it is a natural laxative, it helps in preventing constipation.
Daily consumption of guava helps in a clear bowel movement.
See More: How To Avoid Constipation
Consumption of pear daily helps in maintaining a proper bowel movement.
Besides so many other remedies, there are some home remedies that help in the prevention of bowel movement. Some of the home remedies to prevent constipation are as follows.
• Castor Oil:
Putting of 3-4 drops of warm castor oil on the naval before bedtime helps in the free bowel movement the next day.
Mix one tablespoon of honey in half a glass of lukewarm water and drink it in an empty in the morning. This will help in the proper bowel movement.
See More: Causes Of Constipation
• Ginger Tea:
Drinking ginger tea in the morning will help you to get urge to defecate fast.
• Ghee or Cow Milk Butter:
Mix ghee or cow milk butter in a glass of warm milk and drink it before bed time to cure constipation.
Soak few raisins in warm water. When the water cools down then drink the water. This is an effective cure for constipation.
You can always take medicines to cure constipation. Do not let the problem of constipation to persist for too long as this might lead to piles.
Images Source: Images Source: Shutter stock , 6.