Love is one of the most powerful emotions that humans can experience. But it can also be one of the most terrifying. Fear of love can hold us back from forming meaningful connections with others and experiencing the deep joy and fulfilment that love can bring. If you find yourself struggling with a fear of love. It’s important to understand that this fear is not uncommon and that there are steps you can take to overcome it. In this article, we will explore some common reasons for fear of love and provide practical tips for ending this fear and opening yourself up to love.
It is a complicated concept, the emotion of love. Although it is an emotion all too common, not everyone knows how to bring love into their lives. Expressing the true meaning of love requires conveying it in various forms, both gentle and natural. It is a feeling that cannot be taught but an emotion which needs to be felt and understood. However, everyone has the fear of rejection which is why they are scared to fall in love.
How To End Your Fear Of Love?
1. What are you scared of? There must be something else that you are afraid of, and not with the act of falling in love. Maybe in the past, you gave your best and yet faced rejection and hurt. You’ve carried that in your mind, it’s deep-rooted, and you have trust issues when someone is genuinely interested in what you have to offer. Love is about losing control in a positive way, not confining yourself
2. Identify where the fear stems from, and when that happens, you would know what makes the fear come across. As mentioned, a past experience or maybe watching someone else’s love life go down the drain can be killing.
Remember, not all five fingers on the palm are the same, so don’t generalize the world and its ways, not humans especially. Maybe you didn’t like him or her in the first instance, which is okay. Time heals it all and love blossoms, so give yourself some space and time.
3. Stop feeling guilty and make an end to the blame game of what was, focus on what you can bring or offer. The person who hurt you exists no more, treat the person as garbage which has been thrown out and shunned for life. Find someone who loves you as you are, your interests, your way of life and more. They should be a positive source in your life, not one who would emotionally drain you.
4. Conquer the fear and learn from the past. This isn’t rocket science, and it takes time to achieve but is not impossible at the same time. You would only overwhelm yourself when you force yourself to forget the past overnight. The moment you face the fear of falling in love, you’d find internal strength for support which would make you strong.
5. If you failed at love in the past, it’s okay, so realize that and move on. Back then, we all experienced miserable failures in love, but that didn’t stop the world from rotating the flowers from blooming, or people from enjoying the breath of life.
6. Patience is the key. Give yourself space and time, get to the person better as a friend first and then slowly blossom into the petals of love.
What you Shouldn’t do:
- Idolize the person as God
- Be someone they want
- Being unnatural
- Low self-esteem
See More: How To Choose Who To Love
We hope this information on how to bring in love and overcome the fear of falling in love comes in handy. Love is a beautiful emotion, and as noted writer Paulo Coelho says “We fall in love many times before we find the right one. It only makes us stronger”…….. So be it!!