The problems of bloating and puffiness in the stomach mostly occur due to the crisis with the digestive system as well as overeating. Usually, people who eat very heavy meals experience a bloated feeling in the stomach region. This leads to issues with the lifestyle and you might see yourself not fitting into most of the clothes. It is more like a temporary weight gain and puffiness in the body that also looks embarrassing. In extreme cases, it also causes difficulty with breathing.
So, in case you are thinking about what causes bloating, here is the root cause.
The abnormal build of ascites, and fluid in the abdomen or pelvis causes bloating. Fever sometimes comes with bloating and is usually due to infection or inflammation. Bloating is temporary and is the air that is struck around your abdomen. Severe bloating usually causes constipation and nausea. Irregular bowel movements are another discomfort with it.
Table Of Content:
- Find out the Symptoms of Bloating
- How To Reduce Bloating By Following Simple Tips
- Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Stomach Bloating
- How To Relieve Bloating Fast By Ayurvedic Remedies
Find out the Symptoms of Bloating:
- Indigestion: Eating habits or a chronic digestive problem is the first symptom you need to look at.
- Constipation: Extreme cases of bloating will lead to constipation. Sometimes, diarrhoea is another side effect of bloating.
- Fever: Check for the minimal symptoms of a sudden fever. It is important to look out for fever and cure it or approach a doctor.
- Vomiting: Vomiting nausea is a side effect of bloating. It can be truly troublesome for the body.
- Rashes: Skin rashes or hives tend to appear with bloating.
- Watery Eyes: Watery eyes, itchy throat and some other allergic reactions are some of the other symptoms of bloating.
How To Reduce Bloating Stomach Immediately:
However, in a convenient approach to the problem, there are a lot of simple and easy ways in which you can get rid of bloating and keep it at bay. The list below will provide you with some of the most efficient ways in which you can reduce bloating. Check out how:
1. Hydrate The Body:
It is only a stereotype that drinking water will aggravate the bloating issues. Having water and hydrating the body is one of the best ways to get rid of the problem. It flushes and cleanses the system and helps in bringing the digestive tract back on track.
- Have 10-12 glasses of water the entire day to ensure proper treatment. Herein, soda and caffeinated drinks are not recommended.
This is one of the most natural ways to cure a bloated stomach.
See More: How to Reduce Abdominal Fat
2. Have Bananas:
Bananas have good levels of potassium that helps in providing hydration to the body and treat bloating. The amino acids in bananas also help in flushing out the excess liquid in the system that is causing the body and stomach to bloat.
3. Reduce Salt Intake:
Sodium only aggravates the accumulation of fluids in the body. This only means that a person who wants to get rid of bloating from their body should have low levels of salt intake on the menu to ensure proper treatment. If you are wondering how to cure a bloated stomach, this is an easy measure to take.
4. Cut Down on Carbohydrates:
The starch in foods like bread and pasta leads to carbohydrates in the body that only enhances the accumulation of fluid in the body. If you do not want a bloated feel early in the morning, then cut them down in the dinner meals.
See More: How to lose belly fat immediately
5. Massage The Abdomen:
Massaging the abdomen with some pressure helps in evacuating gas from the body. This is one of the best ways to get rid of the bloating without much effort and without any side effects. It is supposed to be one of the best ideas for keeping the problem at bay.
6. Have Yogurt:
Yogurt is one of the products from the kitchen that can help in treating bloating. There are some active bacteria in this food that helps in treating bloating as well as flatulence. This is one probiotic that can give you the right outcomes and one that you perfectly desire. Reduce bloating with yogurt!
7. Prefer Small Portions of Meals:
Small portions of meals make digestion easy and ensure that not only is bloating treated but also prevented in the right way. Try and break the meals into 5-6 meals throughout the day. This is one of the best things to do to get rid of the discomforting problems of bloating.
8. Have Peppermint Tea:
1-2 cups of freshly prepared peppermint tea will soothe the stomach and keep away not only bloating but also issues of gas and other stomach-related problems. One can add a little honey if one wants.
See More: How to Reduce Stomach Fat
9. Eat Slowly:
By chewing the food well and by eating slowly, you can always enhance the digestive system and ensure that the food is digested well. This will ensure that there are no problems with bloating and that you get rid of this unpleasant feeling.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Stomach Bloating:
There is also a range of homemade and natural remedies that you can try to get rid of bloating immediately.
1. Lemon Water:
Warm lemon water will help cure bloating quickly.
How To Do:
- Heat one big glass of water.
- Squeeze one big lemon into it and drink it lukewarm.
- Try this recipe two or three times a day.
2. Fennel Seeds and Tea:
Fennel seeds work like magic for chronic bloating. Make a tasty fennel seed tea.
How To Do:
- Boil some water and add a generous quantity of fennel seeds to it.
- Add the tea powder and strain it. Leave it for 3 minutes.
- Drink it lukewarm.
Alternatively, chew some fennel seeds at any point of the day. Remember to chew on some fennel seeds after your meal. They are known to boost digestion and also fight against pre-meal time hunger. You will often see this in Indian restaurants, serving it to you after the meal.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Although not scientifically proven, apple cider vinegar does help cure bloating. Here is how to get rid of bloating immediately with apple cider vinegar.
How To Do:
- In one glass of water, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Dilute well and drink it to cure bloating.
- Drink this before your meal.
- Additionally, you can add some honey to it, to make it taste good.
4. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is an excellent medicine that will treat bloating and gas. Owing to its laxative properties, it is also known to treat constipation.
How To Do:
- Drink one glass of aloe vera juice every day. The juice is available readily as a packed product.
Regular consumption of yoghurt with active cultures will increase the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, the ones that are regarded as the “good” bacteria in the digestive tract, which facilitate efficient digestion and prevention of belly bloat.
How To Do:
- Take one bowl of yogurt after your meal or at any point of the day to get rid of bloating effectively.
How To Relieve Bloating Fast by Ayurvedic Remedies:
Besides these natural remedies, there are also some ayurvedic remedies that will treat stomach bloating. Take a look.
1. Digestive Spices:
Adding digestive spices to your food will aid in curing bloating. Particularly, cumin seeds, ajwain or also known as bishop’s weed seeds, fennel seeds, grated ginger etc. when added to your diet, will help cure stomach bloating.
How To Do:
- Heat one spoon of ghee and add fennel seeds, ajwain, cumin and a pinch of hing.
- Saute for a minute and now add the freshly grated ginger.
- Add this to your vegetable or dish.
2. Cooked Vegetables:
Consume only cooked vegetables. When you do so, the digestive system need not work very hard to digest them. This will help reduce the chances of bloating.
Bloating is sure a very uncomfortable situation to experience. Some of the ayurvedic practices and other natural ingredients will help greatly reduce bloating. However, in the case of chronic bloating, it is always best to approach a doctor for improved results. In these cases, the homemade remedies will not really work. Happy Eating!