What Is Fungal Infection:
Fungal infections are mainly blamed on the fungus or the fungi that creep up on the skin and destroy the skin in that area. Fungal infections are caused on a skin fold or any area which is humid and warm. It causes lots of itching in the specified areas. A common problem indeed, fungal infections, when ignored, can cause real damage to the connective tissues on your skin, sometimes even leading to irreparable damage. Not only reserved for the skin, but fungal infections can also occur in your nail tissues, scalp and even in the hair destroying the keratin actives present in your hair. They are many types, such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch and many more. It can affect the scalp, nails, nail beds, vagina, mouth and urinary tract.
15 Natural and Best Home Remedies For Fungal Infections:
There are some best home remedies which can help you to get rid of fungal infections depending upon the severity of the infection:
- Use unsweetened and plain yogurt with active and live cultures.
- Probiotics present in yogurt keep a check on fungi growth through lactic acid.
- Soak sterilized cotton in plain yogurt and then apply it to the affected area.
- Leave for a minimum of 20 minutes and then wash with warm water and then dry it.
- Repeat it twice daily till the infection goes off.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar is very commonly used to treat fungal infections.
- It contains antimicrobial properties which remove the fungus.
- It is acidic in nature and thus prevents the further spread of infection.
- Dilute the vinegar with water and then apply it to the infected part. Leave the solution for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry the area with a clean towel.
3. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil naturally contains antifungal compounds. Tea tree oil is one of the powerful natural home remedies for fungal infections.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea tree oil in pure form.
- Apply this mixture on the infected skin 4-5 times a day.
- To treat vaginal infection, place 4-5 drops of oil on the tampon and keep it in the vagina for atleast 2 hours.
- Pregnant women are advised to avoid tea tree oil.
See More: Which Toothpaste Is Best For Teeth
4. Garlic For Fungal Infections:
- It is a good antifungal agent and is very effective against all types of infections.
- Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and make a paste of it by mixing some drops of olive oil.
- Apply this paste on the infected areas and then leave for 25 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and dry the skin area.
- Repeat this twice daily until the infection is gone.
- Fresh turmeric has antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- The raw root of turmeric is ground, and its juice is extracted. This juice is applied over the affected area. Let the juice remain for 2-3 hours. Rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat this procedure twice daily.
See More: Bad Effects Of Junk Food
6. Coconut Oil Reduce Fungal Infections:
- It is a very effective home remedy for fungal infections.
- Rub extra virgin oil with a soft hand on the infected area and let it dry on its own.
- Apply 2-3 times daily.
- For infection in the vagina, insert the tampon soaked in organic coconut oil. Leave for 3 hours, and then after removing.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat it once daily until all the infection goes off.
7. Oregano Oil Treatment For Fungal Infections:
- Oregano oil contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
- Mix olive extra-virgin oil and oregano oil in equal amounts.
- Apply this oregano oil on the fungus-infected areas. Leave it for 3 hours.
- Do not use alcohol-containing oregano oil.
See More: Sugar Level In Blood Test
- Tea tannins help in killing the fungal infection-causing fungi.
- It has astringent and antibiotic properties, which help you to get rid of fungal infections.
- Soak some tea bags for 15 minutes in warm water. Remove them and place them in the refrigerator again for 15 minutes.
- Now apply these tea bags to the infected area.
- Repeat this procedure three times daily until the fungal infection goes off.
- For athlete’s foot or toenail infection, place 5 tea bags in boiling water for 10 minutes. After cooling of water, soak the infected foot for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat it twice daily for six weeks for the best outcomes.
9. Peppermint Oil:
Home remedies for fungal infection start with the goodness of peppermint oil, which has excellent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities infused in it. Peppermint is a herb that has always been recommended as one of the best skin ailments for minor issues such as rash and acne, especially for its anti-inflammatory property.
- Mix a few drops of peppermint oil with a mix of talcum powder and tea tree oil and use that concoction as a remedy.
- And apply this mixed oil to fungi affected area.
10. Epsom Salt:
Epsom salt is usually known for its medicinal value, where it treats inflammation, redness and soreness with ease. Home remedy for a fungal infection that’s why to ask Epsom salt to be a friend for these few days when a good Epsom salt water soaks to your fungal-infected areas and can provide instant relief from swelling and proliferation. Epsom salt is the perfect solution for how to get rid of fungal infections.
11. Hydrogen Peroxide To The Rescue:
Hydrogen peroxide can be availed from any of your nearby local drug or chemist stores. Packaged in a bottle, this solution is often used to treat open gashes or wounds and is known for its anti-bacterial healing properties. Hydrogen peroxide mixed with water can be used as a treatment for skin fungus. Dip a cotton wool in the solution and dab it on the spot.
12. Brown Vinegar Removes Fungal Infections:
How to cure fungal infections by using brown vinegar? When in doubt about a fungal problem, just soak your infected area in a bowl of brown vinegar. If you can’t soak it, put a towel on soak and use that as an applicator. Brown vinegar possesses the goodness of both the acidic and alkaline nature, something that works well for a fungus inhabiting your skin.
13. Herbal Oil:
Herbal oil, such as lavender, is yet another sure-shot cure for fungal infections. Lavender, too is a herbal oil that contains anti-bacterial qualities, a property that is very useful during fungal infection. Apart from soothing the area and calming it down, herbal oils also infiltrate the skin and ingest potent nutrition to cure the fungus from the area.
14. Keep Your Diabetes In Check:
Diabetes is yet another important ailment that one should strictly contain while in a fungal infection crisis. Diabetes induces more sugar in your body, and to combat that; more insulin is being produced, the entire process falling heavy on the shoulders of the fungal infection. Sugar in the body is the perfect way of adding up to your fungal infection.
15. Clove Oil Cures Fungal Infections:
How to get rid of fungal infection with clove oil comes wrapped in a simple remedy. Clove is strictly anti-fungal in nature and would be brilliant in the application as the fungus adds to the fungi immediately starting its work on them. Clove oil can either be purchased or simply made at home by drenching some cloves into olive oil overnight.
However, fungal infections, even after the doctor’s advice, is treatable and can be treated with some small home remedies. Hope the above information is useful to you to get rid of fungal infections.