How can I make baby food? This is a widespread question that each and every new mother asks. All of you know that introducing solids to your baby is not only excited but also confusing for mothers. So, in this article I have explored some of the best tips to make your own baby food.
Making your individual baby food is simple, efficient, as well as economical. As an alternative of spending money on prepackaged baby food, you can utilize fresh produce, meat and grains, which you have on hand.
Best Tips To Make Baby Food:
1. Buying Instructions:
• When you start the solids to your baby then the best foods for him to consume those foods that are prepared at home using clean ingredients. The Pre-packaged baby food is best kept for infrequent meals plus emergencies, or constituent of a better meal.
• Purchase organic fruits plus vegetables. Your little one be worthy of pesticide-free foods. Rub fruits plus vegetables further well by a vegetable brush. Trim surplus fat off poultry along with meat.
2. Tips of Preparation:
• It is greatest to start with rice cereal plus then to go on to puree cooked fruits plus vegetables for example apple, pumpkin, pear, potato plus peas.
• Arrange the items you plan to twist into baby food. Wash fruits and vegetables fine. Eliminate peels, seeds and pits. Cut away tough otherwise stringy parts.
• Avoid peeling potatoes plus squash. Cooking them with their skins helps to protect nutrients.
• Grains are also being pureed or ground in a food mill.
• To prepare beef and poultry, eliminate the skin plus trim the fat prior to cooking. Then puree the cooked meat in a blender.
See More: Baby Food Products
3. Cooking Methods:
Microwaving: Use of the microwave to cook baby food permits you to make small amounts capably. Because food can cook unequally in a microwave, make sure that the food you are making is consistently cooked earlier than pureeing as raw food can produce a about textured food.
Baking: The dry baking for baby’s vegetables is a huge method to strengthen the flavors of the vegetable and no need to add anything except water. Attempt sweet potato, carrots, potato, corn plus parsnips. For meat go by a little water to puree it.
Steaming: This is the great method to cook baby food in little water because it maintains all nutrients than boiling. Avoid overcooking the food. Add the cooking water while making puree.
Not to put in butter, sugar, salt, or additional seasonings.
See More: Food Recipes For Toddlers
4. Food Storage:
• Once you prepare and cook household baby food, you will typically cook extra than you require at every meal and thus you will require storing it carefully so your baby is able to consume it on a later on time.
• Select appropriate storage containers earlier than you start cooking plus that they are also carefully clean plus that all seal are work properly.
• You can easily store the homemade food in used commercial baby food jars otherwise small, freezer containers, and plastic containers. Remember not to pack the jars to the top, as food expands as it freezes.
• Also empty the freshly-cooked plus pureed food keen on an ice cube plate. Coat with cellophane wrap plus freeze. Afterward, remove the frozen food cubes as of the tray and accumulate in air-tight freezer bags. Eliminate one serving-size cube at a time while needed.
Other Important Tips:
- Put in a little breast milk otherwise water to dilute mashed bananas plus potatoes.
- A food processor is a valuable investment as it both purees moreover strains foods.
- Evade deep-frying, that adds harmful fats to foods.
See More: Indian Baby Food Recipes
Images Source: Shutter stock