Ginger, the most exclusive ingredient of a lot of spicy foods can also add flavor to breads and cakes. Sounds interesting right? A cake with ginger as the main ingredient tastes truly delicious and the good news is that it is also quick and easy to make gingerbread cake.
A typical fresh ginger cake recipe requires the materials and ingredients that are readily available in your home. Scroll down for the recipe and all the additional info that equips you to quickly make gingerbread cake.
Make a note of these Ingredients for the cake:-
Ingredients you will need:-
- Butter 175g
- Brown sugar 175g
- Milk 200ml
- Golden syrup 175g
- Self-Rising Flour 325g
- Icing Sugar 250g
- Bicarbonate Soda 1 ½ tsp
- Ground Ginger 2 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Butter for greasing
This is a recipe for 10 servings, and will take an approximate of 20 minutes for the basic preparations and 1 ½ hour for cooking.
How To Make Ginger Cake:-
- Take a pan, and heat the butter, brown sugar and the golden syrup on a low temperature. Turn off the heat once all the ingredients in the pan have melted completely.
- Add the milk, and blend it well, till you have a smooth paste. Add the eggs to this blended paste and mix well.
- Add the self-rising flour, ground ginger and the bicarbonate soda to the paste and mix it all the well.
- Grease a 1 kg tin, and line it with a baking parchment. Pour out the mixed batter into the tin. Tap the tin gently on a flat surface to rid the batter of all the air bubbles.
- Put the tin in a pre-heated oven to bake it for an hour first. At the end of the first hour, cover the tin with a baking paper. After placing the baking paper, let it bake for the next 30 minutes.
- Once you have removed the tin from the oven, let the cake sit for 3-5 minutes, and then turn the tin over. When the cake comes down to room temperature, top it up with icing sugar. (Mix the icing sugar with a few teaspoons of water. This will make the icing sugar a little more hard.)
See More: Recipe Of Simple Cake
To check whether or not the cake has cooked completely, get the cake out of the oven once cooked. Put in a knife right in the centre of the cake. If the knife comes out clean, it means the cake is properly cooked. If the knife is not clean when you pull it out, it means the cake is not cooked yet. In such a case, you will need to bake the cake for some more time.
Your gingerbread cake can be considered ready at this point. There is also an option to go for a little more elaborate decorating procedure on the cake.
See More: Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Take some butter in a small container, and beat it till it has a smooth consistency. Gradually add the icing sugar to the butter, mixing it well in intervals. Add some lemon juice to this mix and beat it. The resultant consistency of the mixture should be easily spreadable. Keep beating till the mixture is of the desired consistency.
- Once you are done, spread out the icing on the top of the cake, covering it completely and evenly, all over. The layer of the icing on the cake must be an even one.
- There is another option where, you can mix the icing sugar with some ginger wine, and this can be used as the icing for the ginger cake.
Instead of preparing the icing as directed, you can also use ginger syrup to top up on the cake.
Decorating the cake this point forth is optional and absolutely a matter of your choice and taste. You can use crystallized ginger pieces to decorate the cake by placing the pieces on top of the icing.
See More: Homemade Yogurt Recipe
Now you know the recipe to make a flavor filled gingerbread cake. Here are the nutritional facts about the recipe. Read through and feel happy for the cake is truly healthy and taste yummy!
The best thing about this recipe is that your can eat it whenever you want without any restrictions
Calories: The gingerbread cake has a good amount of calories that add up to your health. The recipe is rich in carbohydrates, fiber and some amount of sugar which you can replace with healthy alternatives.
Fats: The home-made gingerbread cake is surely low-fat is composition. Therefore, you are free to munch on a slightly bigger piece of cake.
Sodium: The cake recipe is rich in Sodium which is an essential mineral for your body.
Ginger cakes go really well when served with hot beverages like tea or coffee. And by making and eating one loaf of bread or a medium size cake, sharing with your dear ones only enhances your bonding with them. So the next time you crave for some yummy yet healthy cake, grab the ingredients that are available at home as directed and bake this mouth-watering cake! Happy baking!