A woman’s everyday friend and sound assistance in the flaunting of her sensual curves, a feel-good factor on a boring office day or a special surprise for the other half on a special day, a bra can come in different colours, ranges, sizes, types, occasions and moods. But to every bra, there is always a size issue that many women always falter with.
The incorrect size of your intimate apparel forever is a storm inside your closet where some bras fit just fine, and the other days you wish you knew why the strap is always cutting into your shoulder pads. Next and foremost, even though the size is a given thing, it is the cup size that, for many others, is a botheration where the perfect size bra still doesn’t feel quite much closer to the soul.
This is why in this article, we will talk about how to measure bra size so that you can perfectly flaunt your curves without having to go through the prior hassles.
How To Measure Bra Size?
Wearing a comforter shouldn’t make you so uncomfortable. The bra is friendly assistance for the physical necessity, and it should be as easy as a walk in the park during a breezy summer evening. This is why before we start indulging in the favourite kinds, let’s take a look at the measuring steps to a proper bra size.
Before you start, know the technology that today allows you to determine your bra size along with the cups through a simple online bra size calculator. Many sites, such as the esteemed Victoria’s secret or even the online lingerie destination, Zivame offers you this benefit. But then again, before we choose the sneaky path, you still need a correct number for your size. Here’s how you measure yourself for a bra:
See More: Cute Maternity Bras
- We would need a proper measuring tape, the flexible ones, and a non-padded fitted bra to start the process. Ruffle through your closet and look for a bra you feel is closest to your perfect fit. A slight cup on the bra will not harm.
- Now take the measuring tape while standing in front of a mirror and bring it all way from under your pits and through your back to the front where the end corners should meet. The measuring tape line should be just above the strap attached to your cup, which would give you the upper band size.
- To be precise, we move to the under the band, which is just underneath your curve, the diaphragm area. Taking the same plunge, use the tape from your back and under your arms and make them meet under the band.
- Each time you will get a separate number which you can now note down and then enrol in the size calculator, which would give you your perfect size.
- Now for measuring bra cup size, try by loosely taking the entire bust area. Once again, make the tape go through your back and joint them in the front. Make sure the tape is right across the peak of the bust, taking in the full width. Now to calculate the cup size using simple math and derive the number. If your upper band was 38 in inch and the lower was 36, all you need to do is deduct the two bands, and the remaining number becomes the cup size in alphabetical order. So right now, with 38 and 36, the difference will be 2, and the cup size will be B.
See More: Jockey New Bra
Points To Remember:
- It is always preferable that you ask assistance from another person to read the numbers since you bending down and reading them might change the coordinates.
- If we get an odd number, the right thing to do is round it up to the next even number.
- Cup sizes and even bra sizes change according to the patterns, kinds and types. So every bra type may not yield the same result.
- You have a chance of changing physically now and then, so a fitted bra last year may not be a favourite for this year, and the same goes on. Keep checking your size whenever you feel uncomfortable.
See More: How To Wear A Bra
A Few More Tips:
- If you want the same volume, try to reduce the cup size, and if you want to lower the volume, go up a cup.
- Your bra fits correctly with no gaps and spillages, and your brand is a snug fit.
- If your cup is spilling over and your band fits perfectly, go up a cup. For example, from 36 B, try switching to 36 C or D instead of buying 38B.
- If your band feels tight or loose, and your cup fits perfectly, you can go up a band (if it is tight) and go down a size (if it is loose). For example, from 36B, you could try 34B and 38B.
When you wear the right size, you feel comfortable, thinner and there are no bulging and ill-fitting clothes. Your posture is better, and the weight your bra carries is evenly distributed with the right size bra ensuring you don’t have to deal with any back pain.
Most women wear the wrong size, and it is uncomfortable. A lot of studies have found that 80% of women wear the wrong bra size. Women need to flaunt their beauty, and knowing your bust measurement ensures you wear the perfect fit every time. Hope you now know how to measure bust size at home. Try this proven method to measure your bra size and now wear the right size. Remember, wearing the right size makes you feel beautiful overall.
I hope the above article will help you to how to measure bra size. Read this article thoroughly to find your correct bra size.