Sometimes, you do not make a good choice regarding getting yourself inked. A botched relationship, bad tattoo art, and a wrong choice will leave you up in arms with your tattoo. OK, now you have decided that you do not want this permanent tattoo forever. Whatever the reason is, you want to remove the tattooed name of the ex-lover, or you got bored. And so, if you are wondering how to get rid of them, here are some ways to answer the question of ‘can a permanent tattoo be removed?”
How To Remove Permanent Tattoo:
A bad thing about a tattoo is that it will be a real pain when it comes to removal. Many new procedures are being developed every day, but all of them will be either too painful or too expensive by taking tons of time. But, if you need to get it done, read on further to learn how to remove a permanent tattoo. Below is a post to release a permanent tattoo from the body.
1. Laser To Remove Permanent Tattoo:
- It is highly recommended and probably popular to remove the permanent tattoo.
- Though it is one of the most effective processes for removing a permanent tattoo, it will be too painful and heavy on your pockets.
- In it, powerful lasers are used to break the ink of the tattoo into tiny fragments.
- Then these fragments get dissolved by the skin’s immune system on its own.
- The ink of the tattoo gets deposited in every layer of the skin. The laser penetrates the skin layers to break up the pigments the body will dispose of.
- NDYAG Q-switched lasers are the most powerful and effective ones, and you require 3-10 sessions to remove your tattoo altogether.
Dermatologists suggest that this laser technology is the safest and best for removing such tattoos. There are also very few chances of scarring.
- This method is 90% dependent on the texture of the pigment.
- If the ink used while tattooing is in black pigment, it is very easy to remove.
- But if the tattoo is coloured green and red, its removal becomes difficult.
- After removal, in a few cases, a tattoo’s ghost shadow is left over, and the skin colour gets lightened in that area.
- This procedure can be painful, so anaesthetic cream is being used.
- After each session, there can also be slight redness and swelling in the area for 3 – 4 days.
Whom To Approach:
I always prefer a reputed dermatologist. Keep in mind using a professional to remove permanent tattoos is considered a cosmetic procedure and will not be likely covered by medical insurance.
It is a little bit expensive, depending on the area covered by the tattoo. It might cost you around Rs.50000 to Rs.1,00,000. As laser costs you more, removal is more expensive than getting a permanent tattoo.
See More: Tattoos Sketches
Do you know how to remove permanent tattoos by using a cover? If you cannot make up your mind about an expensive laser removal method, you may use makeup to cover up your botched tattoo. You can also get your tattoo altered instead of getting it completely removed. The tattoo artist can create a new tattoo to cover up the old one. Until you make up your mind about laser removal, you can cloak it with concealer.
You need not spend as much money as you do if you visit a doctor. This is one way you can adapt quickly if you have been thinking about removing a permanent tattoo from the skin, as these are not like regular concealers but are made especially for tattoo cover-ups. Often, it is very easy to remove at home.
This method works only if you are bored with the older tattoo or want to erase your lover’s name.
- Get it done by a reputed artist.
- Its cost depends on the cover-up starting from Rs 2000.
- Scare of Scarring.
3. Skin Drafting To Remove Permanent Tattoo:
Can permanent tattoos be removed? Yes, you can remove it by using skin drafting. Skin grafting or plastic surgery is a process in which a tattoo is surgically removed by cutting a covered area. You can get rid of the tattoo, but permanent scars will always remain. Removing a tattoo with this type of procedure will be considered an anaesthetic or cosmetic procedure and is not covered by medical insurance. Skin drafting will be a problem for large tattoos and some others which have not been done by a professional.
Expenditure for Skin Drafting:
The cost for skin grafting may range from several hundred dollars up to thousands of dollars depending upon several factors like the size of the tattoo, the type of anaesthesia used and the type of skin grafts used.
Permanent Tattoo Removal Procedure:
It will be done separately for small and large tattoos when you seek to know how to remove permanent tattoos using plastic surgery or skin drafting
- For small tattoos, the surgeon will cut away the area of the tattoo, bringing the edges of the skin together and closing these with stitches.
- Removal of more giant tattoos will require more work than skin drafting as the surgeon will cut away the tattoo and graft an area on the skin, the thighs, or underarms.
See More: Create Your Tattoo Design
4. Intense Light Pulsed Technique (IPL):
Sometimes, IPL may be incorrectly referred to as laser treatment, but it is not. IPL is a light transmission method but in short bursts at high intensity. The chances of your skin getting burnt are more!
- It is like gradually sandpapering the tattoo from the skin. Abrasive friction removes this and may leave some unwanted scars behind.
- Please do not use the creams available with the tag of erasing the permanent tattoos because its ink is deeply penetrated, and no cream will help you out.
- In this method, your skin will be drizzled with a numbing solution and sanded down to reveal the new layers of skin under the tattoo. This will make the ink of the tattoo leach out of your skin.
- You will be given the local anaesthetic during this method as bleeding will usually occur and be painful.
- After this tattoo removal procedure, you will be sore for some days to over a week.
- Hence, you will be given the ointment to treat the affected area and keep remembering that the
Dermabrasion may not remove the tattoo altogether.
- Do not use this tattoo removal procedure if you are prone to scarring or hypopigmentation.
6. Natural Treatments To Remove Permanent Tattoo:
Today, more and more people love to go as natural as possible, using home treatments that are concerned. In that regard, this guide will specify some of the natural ways to remove permanent tattoos as listed below:
- Consider using a mixture of Aloe Vera, Paederia Tomentosa, and Vitamin E.
- Using lemon juice to lighten tattoos.
- Honey for tattoo fading usually.
We’ll guide you on some more homemade natural ways to get rid of tattoos.
By Using Lemon:
- Cut a lemon into two halves and squeeze out its juice. to it, add 100g of salt and stir thoroughly to dissolve.
- Dab the solution onto the tattooed area with a clean cotton ball and then rub repeatedly for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the area with warm water and repeat until you get the desired results.
It does not cause any side effects on your skin. However, you may have to keep doing this for a while until you see results.
By Using Aloe Vera:
Try something with aloe Vera? Here is how to do it.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera juice from a fresh leaf, or you can also use the commercially available one.
- Take 1 tbsp. Of Paderiatomentosa and vitamin E capsule content and put them into aloe juice. Stir well till you make a thick paste.
- Apply it gently over the tattoo area in circular motions for 10 minutes. Wash off the area with warm water.
Repeat this method every day till the tattoo fades away completely. For best results, it is advised to do this after a shower, when your skin has enough moisture with the open pores.
This method has No Side-effects and can be safely tried out.
Have you tried it with Salabrasion?
- Shave the zone that has the tattoo. Removing the hair from the zone will make the salabrasion procedure easier.
- Sterilize the inked zone by washing it with an antibacterial cleanser. Consider going to your specialist for a medicine antibacterial sudsing emulsion operator to use in this progression for unrivalled sterilization.
- Immerse the bandage and wipe it in water; at that point, wring it out, so it stays clammy and not dripping wet. Keep doing this and wipe through a little heap of table salt to salinate the retained water. Quit rolling the wipe in the salt when the salt quits dissolving.
- Rub the tattoo enthusiastically for 30 to 40 minutes or until the point that your skin turns a dark red.
- Let the treated zone dry, and apply a covering of anti-infection cream to it. Cover the zone with a sterile swathe.
- Check the dressing and check the treated region following three days.
In case it has progressed toward becoming redder, it might be contaminated. Consult your specialist instantly on the off chance that you speculate this to be the situation.
The major disadvantage of this technique is the amount and nature of torment you will have to undergo. It will hurt your skin, and you need to give extra care to it once the process is done.
By Using Salt Remedy:
If that scared you, here is another permanent tattoo removal method using salt.
But before the procedure, the major disadvantage of using this method is the pain inflicted on your skin. It will abrade the skin enough to reach the ink in the dermis. It will be extremely painful and could lead to an infection. Nevertheless, the technique works very well and is effective. If you are up for it, here is how to do it.
- Scrub the affected area with salt.
- Use a loafer or use your hands and keep rubbing it.
- Once done, wash off with cold water.
While it is very effective, it can potentially lead to a permanent scar on your skin.
By Using Honey:
Here is another less painful method to remove your permanent tattoo using honey. Honey is one of the best natural ingredients for permanent tattoo removal.
- Mix aloe vera gel, salt, sugar-free yoghurt and honey.
- Mix all the ingredients until it forms a cream-like paste.
- Before applying the cream, make sure you thoroughly clean the tattoo-covered area. Now use the cream until it is entirely absorbed by the skin so that it can remove the tattoo ink.
It does not have any side effects and is a rather good way to remove your tattoo from your skin.
See More: Korean-Style Tattoos
Top 5 Permanent Tattoo Removal Creams in India:
If these home remedies don’t impress you, here are some permanent tattoo removal creams you can try.
1. Profade Three-Step Action:
This first product of this comes in three steps. First is preparation. The first tube is a cream that prepares the skin for removal. The second is activation. The cream activates with the ink and begins the removal process. The third and last step is elimination! And it’s done!
It is low cost and is safe. However, it takes a while to work effectively.
2. Inked Up Tattoo Removal Cream:
The product is scientifically tested and guaranteed to work effectively regularly. It promises to be 100% safe and natural, making your removal process comfortable and painless. Reviewers have given a positive word on the product and have found it satisfactory. However, the product comes in a small tube and might get over quickly. Try this permanent tattoo removal cream for the best results.
3. Wrecking Balm:
The product is packed with all the essential goodness to help eliminate the permanent tattoo on your skin. It comes in a clean, easy-to-access box with tools, all you will need to get rid of your tattoo. It gives good results and is pain-free. It smoothens and rejuvenates your skin while being waterproof and lightweight. However, it is priced on the higher side but still is worth your money.
4. TCA Home Skin Peel Kit:
Another effective tattoo removal cream is the TCA Home Skin Peel Kit. It is also known to remove stretch marks, acne, wrinkles etc. The product is packed with all you will need to help get rid of the tattoo. It is adapted for all skin types and improves your skin significantly. However, you may experience some burning sensation when using the product on certain skin types.
5. Tattoo Off:
While this product takes time to work, it nevertheless generates significant positive results upon regular use. The ingredients used are natural and safe. It keeps the skin safe from any more damage. It is easy to use and is the cheapest long-term option. However, there is too much cream and very little use for all of that.
While a tattoo might be your biggest drunk mistake or a deliberate one, it is a nice feeling to have it for a while. For those who get bored, it is easy to never see them again on your skin. With the many home remedies and creams available at your disposal, start trying them. For some, you may have to repeat the process, while others will see instant results. In any case, if you are determined to get them off, get them off!