We all suffer from acne and pimples at some point in time in our life. They appear both for men and women, in different circumstances and due to several factors. The common causes of acne are due to several issues such as hormonal changes or external factors; here is how the simple ways on how to remove pimples from the face.
Depending on the grade of pimples and type, one can treat them at home, or through products/medicines. Understanding and determining the cause of pimples from the face and body can be the solution itself. Today, let us know more about removing pimples for men and women.
What are Pimples?
Before we understand how to remove pimples from the face at home through masks/medicines, let us see what pimples are. Knowing the reason and identifying the right blister can often lead to a simple solution. A small pustule or a pimple occurs when the oil glands in the skin get clogged or infected. They lead to swelling in that area, and red lesions filled with pus formation. Pimples are part of acne, which can happen at any age and to anyone. Mostly, acne is an advanced stage of having a large number of pimples repeatedly. Everyone will experience acne at some point in his or her life, mostly during puberty. If these are ignored then the beauty and glow in the face, tend to reduce, given the scars and marks left behind after each pimple.
Are Pimples Curable Permanently?
Having clear and fair skin is a dream for all of us. If they are small pimples on the face, we can treat them at home, but let us get to some facts! Pimples or acne generally get cured, and the scars disappear with time. With age and external factors, one can take care of curing pimples over time. Having healthy food, reducing oily, and processed food, along taking care of the skincare routine will ensure that pimples do not recur repeatedly, but not all pimples are the same. Let us find out!
What Causes Pimples/Acne?
Removing pimples instantly can be difficult, but we should first know the triggers that cause them in order to cure them effectively. Hence, let us look at the causes of acne and pimples. While there are a variety of reasons, which can cause acne, here are the most common factors:
- Food is the main cause of pimples and acne; Processed food, junk food, a high carbohydrate diet, chocolates can cause and increase acne
- Dirt and pollutants, which stick to the face while stepping outside in everyday life can cause acne and breakouts
- In case parents have an acne issue, kids can inherit the same traits. Heredity is among the common cause of acne.
- Few medications and drugs can also cause acne. The hormonal changes with medicines may mostly be the reason for acne.
- Cosmetics and skincare routines, if they do not suit your skin, may increasingly be the reason for acne
- Stress is no good. Be it work life or pressure. The mental stress aspect can lead to acne and breakouts instantly.
- Bad hygiene can also cause pimples. In case you do not take care of the skin properly and expose to poor hygiene, then acne can be one of the reasons.
Given the leading causes of acne from the face, now let us turn to different ways in which we can learn how to remove pimples from the face permanently.
Types of Pimples:
Most of us categorise pimples and acne into one category, but there are several subtypes within them. Let us today consider different types of pimples before knowing about removing pimples from the face separately for boys and girls.
While the blackheads are open comedones. The whiteheads are known as closed comedones. They are small and white flesh-coloured spots or bumps. They are trapped in blemishes or emerge from the whitehead. The skin around these whiteheads is quite tight and wrinkled.
- How does it occur: Bacteria trapped in pores, oil, dead skin cells
- How it looks like: White Raised Bump
Blackheads are among the most common type of pimples. Most of us already have them. These are also called open comedones, which are quite small and black tiny colour spots that appear as bumps. The skin around these blackheads is quite normal, and the blackhead region is mostly darker.
- How does it occur: Trapped dirt and dead skin cells
- How it looks like: Darker in colour, raised small bumps
Papules come under inflammatory acne type. These are bumps under the surface of the skin, which are pink, tender, and solid in shape. The skin around the papule is swollen mostly and is red. The pores of papules are not wide, and it does not have a visible centre. They irritate the skin and may inflame the skin around.
- How does it occur: Pores clogged with skin cells or excess oil.
- How it looks like: Bumps, which are pink in colour and are solid.
Pustules are larger pimples from the face. They have a circular centre that has a yellowish puss. The bump is often in red or pink colour, and the bacteria reside in the puss. Often, Papules may turn into a pustule, which is much larger and inflamed pimples.
- How does it occur: Oil and dead skin cells with bacteria.
- How it looks like: Red bumps with pus in the centre.
Cysts are a much painful and bigger form of pimples. They are red bumps that are within the skin and filled with pus. They may further cause skin scarring, spots, and skin irritation, hence have to be treated if they do not reduce with time.
- How does it occur: Bacteria and infection with dirt, oil, etc.
- How it looks like: Painful red or white lumps with pus.
Nodules are inflamed and painful lumps that are inside the skin and are larger than papules or cysts. They are a severe form of acne and can cause blemishes, dark spots. They may also damage tissues and skin cells underneath. These acne lesions are due to clogged pores and require treatment.
- How does it occur: Bacteria are trapped inside the skin.
- It looks like: More massive and inflamed bumps.
How to Remove Pimples:
Now we come to the solution on how to remove pimples from the face. Given there are different types of pimples, some go away with time, and some may require treatment. In this section, we shall see home remedies, products, diets, and medicated suggestions to get rid of pimples and acne.
Home Remedies To Remove Pimples:
How to remove big pimples and acne at home? In case you have mild and normal pimples, they are best treated with home remedies for quicker results. If you have more significant acne concerns, you have to identify the nature of the pimple and then decide on finding a solution at home or through medical procedures.
Natural face packs and skin care can make your pimples and acne go away with these remedies. Let us see some here.
1. Sandalwood for Pimples:
- One tablespoon of turmeric.
- Two tablespoons of sandalwood powder.
- One tablespoon of rose water.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Keep it aside for ten minutes.
- The smooth paste has to be applied all over the face as a mask.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Do not wash your face with soap after this.
How Often: Once in 3 days is good to apply for a bad bout of pimples, or once a week regularly.
2. Tea Tree Oil for Pimples:
Tea tree oil has inbuilt antimicrobial properties that are known to dry out pimples, reduce oiliness, protect skin from bacteria, and reduces inflammation. Those who suffer from acne and pimples can use tea tree oil in several ways to get rid of them. Here is one popular way of using tea tree oil on pimples.
- One teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Three drops of tea tree oil.
- 1 Q-tip.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice and tea tree oil in a small container.
- Take a Q tip and dip in a mixture.
- Apply on acne spots and pimples including blemishes.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Repeat this for drying out pimples.
How Often: Alternative days.
3. Aloe Vera for Acne:
While Aloe vera is well known to moisturise the skin, it also helps to remove harmful bacteria out and helps to heal spots and blemishes fast. Regular usage of aloe vera helps to dry out pimples and also remove associated spots due to acne. Those with an oily or dry face can use acne for best results.
- Aloe vera extract (from the plant).
- Four tablespoons of honey.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon powder and aloe vera gel to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add honey to it and make a paste.
- Apply the mask on the face and let it dry out.
- Rinse with cold water.
How Often: Once a week.
Precautions: Sensitive skin can skip on cinnamon powder as it may cause a stinging sensation on the skin.
4. Neem for Pimples:
Neem is a versatile ingredient that has the goodness of several nutrients to remove skin and hair care concerns. One such popular remedy is for pimples and acne. Be it dry or oily skin; neem helps to reduce acne and dark spots. The acne scars and marks can be removed over time if applied regularly. In case you are thinking about how to remove pimple holes, neem is good to cleanse and close those pimple pores.
- Almond oil.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Grind neem leaves to make a smooth paste.
- Add a few drops of almond oil.
- Mix well.
- Apply on the acne area.
- Leave for 20 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with cold water.
How Often: Once in 5 days.
Diet To Remove Pimples:
While we have seen in the above home remedies how we can remove pimples from the face, here are some healthy diet options. Diet and healthy nutritious food make an important component in the treatment of pimples. These food options help to fight the oiliness and skincare concerns effectively. Skipping some types of food and having vitamin and fibre-rich foods can help to even down the skin tone a lot. Here are a few suggestions about what to eat and how to go about diet for pimples.
1. Fruits (unprocessed):
There is nothing like the goodness of fruits to remove pimples from the face. If you are wondering about the best way on how one can go ahead and remove pimples, fruits, and unprocessed vegetables are also the best options. This helps your body to get complex carbohydrates in the right manner and brings in all the required natural goodness and hydration to the body.
- Source: Vitamins, Proteins, Fiber, Zinc, Potassium, Calcium, and more.
- How to consume: Consume fruits every day like grapes, apples, blueberry, strawberry, pomegranate, etc.
2. Whole Grains:
Whole grains are also quite effective in treating acne. The regular usage of whole grains instead of all-purpose flour in several of our daily food helps us to keep our skin healthy and clean. The minerals and zinc in the whole grains promote our well-being.
- Source: Antioxidants, minerals, zinc, proteins, and more.
- How to consume: Use it in curries, salads, regular meals, snacks, etc.
See More: How To Get Rid Of Pimple Marks
Quinoa is growing to be a popular choice of food in many countries. In case you are thinking of removing acne fast, along with skincare and home remedies, quinoa may be of help for you. It has heavy proteins and fibre, which helps to keep the skin healthy and balanced. It minimises irritation and dryness caused by acne.
- Source: Vitamin B3, Proteins, Fiber, antioxidants.
- How to Consume: Breakfast recipes, snacks, and meals.
4. Beans and Lentils:
Lentils have two essential nutrients, protein and fibre, which helps to maintain blood sugar levels. This helps to clear up skin and maintain clean pores. Hence, any acne or pimples are removed easily with regular usage of beans and lentils.
- Source: Proteins, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- How to Consume: Regular meals.
The Nuts are well known to be good sources of healthy food. Nuts protect skin from damage and infection as nuts contain all the nutrients needed. They prevent cell damage and aid in removing the infection.
- Source: Vitamin E, antioxidants, selenium.
- How to Consume: Whole nuts, roasted, smoothies.
6. Fatty Fish:
Fatty fish like salmon are excellent for clear and healthy skin. If you are thinking about removing body acne, fatty fish are an excellent remedy that helps to keep skin supple, thick, and moisturised, and clearing up the skin. They are popular to maintain skin health.
- Source: Omega 3 fatty acids, iodine, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- How to Consume: Regular meals or supplements.
7. Foods to Avoid:
The foods to avoid are also equally important in case you are looking for how to remove pimples from your face quickly. Along with healthy foods, here are a few lists of foods to avoid and skip during this time
- Refined grains or sugars are bad for the skin. Bread, pasta, sodas, cereal, or desserts can add sugar to the body and lead to the risk of developing acne
- Dairy products may also cause acne. They affect blood sugar and stimulate acne, especially for those who have sensitive skin
- Fast food having fats, carbs, and calories can increase acne. Try to avoid burgers, pizzas, French fries, and sodas.
- Those foods with omega-six fats can cause acne and pimples. Corn, soy oils, and other western foods may be the trigger for this.
- Most of us love chocolates, but chocolate can also cause acne. It can increase or worsen acne. Further, if you have hormonal concerns, then chocolate is definitely not your friend.
Beauty Products To Remove Pimples:
In case you are wondering about ways to prevent and get rid of your pimples from the face, which are stubborn, then here are some beauty and cosmetic products for the skin. These products are most popular in the market and are known to treat acne. However, we must test that on the skin and check if they suit or not, given that few are made for specific skin types.
1. KhadiRishikesh Herbal Acne Cream:
The Khadi acne pimple cream is a natural and herbal product that is Ayurvedic and suits all skin types for healing and preventing acne along with reducing pimples. Any kind of skin eruption in the form of pimples, spots, blemishes, and infections are treated, and keep the skin soft and well hydrated. The aloe vera, lemon, and essential oils are natural and help to treat naturally.
- Price: Rs 300 Aprox for 50 gm.
- Rating: 4.5/5
2. Biotique Green Spot Correcting Anti-Acne Cream:
The Biotique anti-acne cream helps to repair spots and soothes the skin. It helps to treat affected areas and helps in clearing spots. Further, it deep cleanses the skin well and makes sure acne does not return. It is one of the best creams for spot removal
- Price: Rs 170 Aprox for 15 gm.
- Rating: 4/5
See More: How To Remove Pimples Naturally
3. Jovees Ayurveda Neem and Long Pepper Anti-Acne and Pimple Cream:
If you are wondering how to remove pimples from your face immediately, here is the Jovees anti-acne and pimple cream. It is made with neem and long pepper and is suitable for all skin types and helps to clear acne and cleanse the skin thoroughly. It helps to control oily texture and makes sure acne does not recur.
- Price: Rs 200 Aprox for 60 g
- Rating: 4/5
4. Himalaya Herbals Acne and Pimple Cream:
The Himalaya herbals acne cream helps not just to eliminate acne and heal it but also reduces pimples from the face and body corrects dark spots on the skin. Any blemishes and scars are gradually reduced with regular usage of the cream. It helps to keep skin soft and well moisturised too.
- Price: Rs 45 Aprox for 20 g.
- Rating: 4.5/5
5. Garnier Men Acno Fight Pimple Clearing Cream:
The Garnier Acne Fight Pimple Cream is for men, to clear acne and pimple-causing bacteria. It ensures that the pores are not blocked and help to fight skin infection, and bacteria problems effectively. It also reduces dark spots and bacteria and deep cleanses skin down.
- Price: Rs 150 Aprox for 45 g.
- Rating: 4/5
Medicated Products To Remove Pimples:
In case you still have issues persisting and are having difficulty in removing acne pimples, one may go in for medicated products and creams. These are quite helpful and aid in treating acne. Most of these are dermatological products and must be used under a doctor’s advice. Using them regularly helps to remove acne and pimples, hence beneficial in the broader sense.
1. Tetracycline and Other Antibiotics:
In case you still continue to have acne and are concerned, the doctor may suggest you use tetracycline and related antibiotics. Oral medicines are generally recommended to be used for a shorter span for clearing up skin. The minocycline and benzoyl peroxide within it helps to treat acne and reduce inflammation. Antibiotic resistance is also built with the usage of these drugs.
2. Azelaic Acid and Salicylic Acid:
These are over-the-counter (OTC) medications, which are suggested for acne, which is not severe. These treatment options help to reduce and kill bacteria, slow down sebum production, and stop sebum eruptions. Hence, the acne is killed down and reducing to a large extent.
See More: How To Remove Pimple Marks In One Day
3. Corticosteroid Injection:
If the acne is very inflamed, it may rupture and cause infection. This type of cystic acne is treated by a medical professional by means of an injection. This treatment will help to quicken the process of healing and prevent scarring. The cyst will break down eventually and reduce further eruptions.
4. Topical Antimicrobials:
These are recommended only by medical professionals to reduce acne in patients who have severe and persisting problems. The dermatologist prescribes this to unclog pores, prevent further acne and heals the skin.
Disclaimer: Ensure that medicated products and treatments are suggested by your health care provider or a dermatologist. Do not use these on your own in any case. Make sure these are used as per the recommended dose of a doctor.
Given the remedies and how to remove my pimples guide, here are a few more extra tips that may be of help.
- Regular skin care is requiring. Wash face as many times as possible in the day with plain water to cleanse the skin
- Do not use too many chemical-based products. Allow the skin to breathe freely.
- Test any product before you use, to see if it suits your skin type or not
- Make sure you deep cleanse your face every alternative day
- Do not forget to exfoliate the skin well and apply natural masks every week to cleanse the skin
- Eat healthy food as this will, in turn, keep your skin healthy too.
We hope this comprehensive guide on how to remove pimples from the face is helpful for everyone suffering from acne and pimples. Make sure you have a regular skincare routine and nutritious food along with home remedies to treat your concerns. Try them out and let us how they worked for you. Make sure you follow this routine religiously to avoid further acne.