Babies above 6 months age can slowly be introduced to solid food. Starting with mashed fruits and pureed vegetables, your baby needs to be fed a variety of food. However, the norm is to start slow. Babies older than 8 months start developing their taste buds. Their milk intake gradually gets reduced and love to explore new tastes. This is the perfect age to try a variety of recipes which cover their dietary requirements as well as make eating fun time. Instead of resorting to mashing every vegetable, you can try these simple baby homemade food recipes Indian style, which you baby will surely get fond of. Some of them are also best weaning foods and can help in improving weight of the baby.
Thus, today I have shared top 16 Indian baby food recipes this article that are helpful for you to select best one.
Top 16 Weaning Food Recipes For Indian Babies:-
1. Fabulous Tomato And Fish Curry:
This is a tangy curry that is made up of tomatoes and fish. The dish is suitable to children above 15 months and has no sea food allergies. Fish is a low-fat, high protein food that is also a rich source of vitamins, minerals and omega fatty acids. Check out the recipe below:
• Slice the fish into cubes. Fry the onion, garlic plus mint in the ghee above a low heat, stirring; awaiting the onion is yellow brown.
• Put in the cumin plus turmeric, and add tomato puree and cool for 10 min. Add fish and ensure it is cover by the pulp and boil for concerning 10 mins, awaiting it is cooked.
• Peel the fish then serve up above white rice.
2. Creamy Chicken Passanda:
This is another non-vegetarian dish which every kid would love to eat. The creamy chicken pasanda has is a delicious dish that is low on spice, but high on flavor. It is also quite easy to make and goes well with roti and rice.
• Warm the ghee in a saucepan, next add the onion cinnamon, garlic- ginger paste and cook for 10 minutes by stirring rarely.
• Also put in coriander as well as turmeric and fry about 1minute.
• Gradually adjoin the yogurt and tomato puree a tablespoon at a time, raise the heat every time and boil it for 20 minutes.
• Next, put boiled and fried chicken in this sauce and cook tenderly for a further 20 min.
• Cut as necessary to go with your baby, and then serve up with white rice, garnish by the coriander or cilantro.
3. Luscious Lamb Curry:
If your baby is already introduced to Lamb meat, this is another super tasty non-vegetarian dish. Lamb is a high protein dish and can help in weight gain. This is a gravy based dish that does quite well with roti or rice.
• Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg F, 190 deg C.
• Warm the oil in a saucepan plus add the onion also garlic and fry it by mixing paprika and ground coriander with sufficient water to form a watery paste.
• Put in the ginger, bay leaf and cinnamon to the pan plus deep-fry for an additional 2 min. stirring.
• Include the coriander or paprika paste and cook for an additional 4 min., awaiting the water disappear.
• Bare the onion combination into an oven-proof dish plus put in the lamb, red pepper, tomatoes, yogurt with water and cook for 1 hour.
• Adjoin the clean coriander, cut well and dish up with rice.
4. Warming Vegetable Curry:
This vegetable curry is high on flavor. The dish makes use of different vegetables, which are cooked together to make a mouth-watering dish. You can add vegetables based on your baby’s preference to prepare this easy Indian vegetable curry.
• Fry the onion in the oil above a medium heat awaiting tender.
• Also mix the ginger, coriander, turmeric and cumin to cook for 1 min, and then include the zucchini or courgette, water and apple juice.
• Boil for 15 minutes by adding red pepper.
• Cut the spinach, afterward insert to the other vegetables beside with the lemon juice plus boil for a few minutes, till the pepper is cooked.
5. Brilliant Beef And Butter Bean (Lima Bean) Curry:
Kids who are used to eating beef can be given this curry. Beef curry may be difficult to digest and hence it must be given to only older kids. This dish is high on protein and fat. It takes a lot of time to prepare this dish, but the end result is a mouthwatering meaty flavored curry.
• Fry a paste of garlic, onion and ginger and turmeric in oil for around 10 minutes.
• After getting golden brown color put the beef and fry softly, moving for numerous minutes.
• Include the butter beans or Lima beans and carry on cooking awaiting the meat is kind.
• Cut well and dish up by white rice.
When it comes to baby food, the first dish that comes to our mind is Khichdi. This easy rice and lentil based dish is given as first solid food to babies in many communities of India. It is high on protein, flavorsome and easy to digest. Check out how to prepare it in a pressure cooker.
• This is also one another Indian Vegetarian baby food that offers vitamins, starch, protein and calcium.
• Wash moong dal and rice and steep them in water for concerning half an hour.
• Place the rice, water, turmeric and dal in a pressure cooker. Heat for concerning 2-3 whistles. Puree well and dish up.
7. Vegetable sabudaana khichdi:
Sabudana is another ingredient that is given to many babies. Not only is it easy to digest, but this starchy product can control loose stools and diarrhea in children. When prepare into a nice khichdi, nothing can beat the taste of it. Check out the recipe below:
• Immerse the sabudana for whole night to make the grains soft.
• Make a vegetable puree. Heat oil or ghee and place some cumin seeds. Then put in the puréed vegetables plus stir well.
• Mix sabudaana lightly. Spray some lemon juice above it and serve.
8. Fried rice:
If you want to give you babies a one pot meal that has both vegetables and rice, Fried rice is the perfect dish. Not only is it easy to prepare, but also has extremely high flavor which many babies enjoy. By making the rice soft and mushy and skipping ajinomoto, this dish can be introduced to smaller babies also.
• Rinse and steep the rice and dal for concerning ½ an hour.
• Fry onions and affix a few cumin seeds. While the seeds fizz include the rice plus dal.
• Boil in a pressure cooker for regarding 2-3 whistles. Puree well and dish up. Additional water makes the khichdi creamier furthermore less water will make it coarse.
9. Suji Upma:
Suji or Semolina is one of the fastest cooking ingredients. IF you have just 10 minutes of prep before meal time, Suji is your go to element. This savory version of Suji is quite delicious and high on nutrition. It is also easy to digest and keeps tummy tight and nice.
• This simple to cook meal is a superior source of protein along with a popular nutritious alternative for breakfast.
• Roast suji in a fresh pan till it turn golden brown. Continue stirring continually to avoid the suji from burning. Put in water plus carry to a boil.
• To create upma of wet consistency, insert more water. Dish up warm.
See More: How To Make Baby Food
10. Shrikhand or Amrakhand:
Dessert times are difficult to deal with. With many parents worried about sugar intake in babies, fruits are your perfect saviors. What best can be for a dessert, when a juicy mango is combined with hung yoghurt. Check out this easy and delicious recipe of Shrikand.
• This is very popular food that is prepared by adding mango pulp into the shrikhand. This is dish up with Puri.
• Put yogurt in a muslin cloth moreover hangs it all night to sap out the whey from the yogurt.
• Mix yogurt, sugar, mango pulp, cardomom powder to a silky texture.
• Dress up with saffron plus pistachios. Cool for 1 hour and serve up frozen.
11. French Toast Sticks:
This is prefect for breakfast time, when you want to introduce eggs in other forms. This mildly sweet breakfast with eggs is quite easy to make and extremely filling. It is very tasty and can be enjoyed by babies above 10 months, who are ready to chew and enjoy their food.
• Beat the eggs, cinnamon, milk, honey plus salt awaiting combined. Wet each bread stick in the egg fusion until every side is covered by the mixture.
• Cook this from every side until golden moreover cooked throughout.
12. Mashed Potato Cakes:
Potatoes are a universal favorite with many kids. While many parents might have tried potato dishes like gravies and curries, this continental version of potato is lip smackingly delicious. These are perfect for evening snacks and can calm down a hungry kid.
• Put mashed potatoes, egg, flour and cheese. Make the patties from this mixture coating it with flour.
• Fry the potato cakes for 3 minutes on every side for a sum of 6 minutes.
• You can also freeze this.
See More: Best Baby Food Products
13. Spinach Gnocchi-Wee:
Another continental dish for kids which makes use of cheese and milk. This pasta based dish can be enjoyed by kids who love cheese and wish to take it in different forms. The dish is quite healthy and tasty, which will be approved by both parents and kids.
• Make a paste by mixing ricotta cheese, whole milk, parmesan cheese, and flour.
• Also make roll of block frozen chopped spinach mixing into this blend and cover with waxed paper or parchment.
• Boil this for 3 minutes and after this cool and serve.
Among south Indian baby food recipes, Kheer takes an important place. It is the first solid food that is given to babies after 6 months. Kheer can be made with either plain milk or powdered milk depending how the baby is used to. Check out the easy recipe below.
• One of the most popular Indian baby foods. Soak some rice in water for 1 hour after dry it totally and crush this into mixer.
• Cook this into ghee for 5 minutes then add milk and sugar and cook for 15 minutes. Garnish with dry fruits.
15. Whole Wheat Pancake and Waffle Mix:
Looking for breakfast dishes for your baby, try this whole wheat [pan cake and waffle mix that is quite easy to make and get your breakfast ready on the table in just 5 minutes. You can serve it with some honey and whipped cream, fresh fruits like strawberries for healthier and tastier options
• Combine white whole wheat flour, baking soda, egg, whisked, buttermilk, pancake mix and vegetable oil.
• Make a pancake by pouring it on pan with some oil and cook for 2 minutes.
See More: Healthy Food Recipes For Toddlers
See More: Healthy Food Recipes For Toddlers
16. Ragi Porridge:
Porridges are the perfect first food for babies who are above 6 months old. They are soft, easy to digest and can be made with different ingredients. Ragi is a super food that contains high amounts of calcium and fiber. This ragi porridge recipe is sure to make your kid love meal time.
- Take 1 tbsp of homemade ragi powder in ½ cup of water
- Stir without lumps
- Now heat it on a stove and stir until no lumps are formed
- Add jaggery or palm sugar for taste
Before introducing food to babies always ensure you follow the 3 day rule. You must continuously give the same food for 3 consecutive days to make sure the kid has no allergies to it. If you find that your baby is allergic to some food, discontinue it, but make sure you reintroduce the same food after a few days. These simple recipes can help you shorten your kid’s meal time, as you will have a no fussy child who will devour their meals in a jiffy!