Out of the many styles and variations of mehndi design, one particular style that has been gaining the attention of many women are the Khafif mehndi designs. The Arabic word Khafif means intricate. These mehndi designs focus more on the detailing and elaboration done inside the motifs. The patterns are done with precision, making this style of mehndi design an ideal choice for engagement or bridal mehndi designs.
To achieve perfection while creating a Khafif mehndi design, it is essential to take the help of a professional as the detailing requires experience. This style of mehndi can be applied on the front and back of the hands as well as the feet. There are women who choose to apply this style of design for fingers only. Let’s take a glimpse at some of the most unique and latest Khafeef mehndi designs.
Beautiful Khafif Mehndi Designs for Weddings:
Let’s check out the latest Khafif Mehndi Designs that you can use to adorn your hands and add more beauty to your overall outfit,
1. Patterned Khafif Mehandi Designs:
Inspired by floral patterns, this khafif mehndi design takes detailing to a whole new level. The design is very intricate and with a great Mehandi artist, one can never go wrong with this super hit pattern. You can also apply this design on the backside of your hands to get achieve a similar look overall.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design is suitable for engagement and weddings.
- Pair with: Pair with heavy designed traditional outfits.
2. Geometrical Khafif Mehendi Designs:
This perfectly symmetrical and beautifully intricate geometric Khafif mehndi design is just pure magic on hands. The series of crisp diamond shapes make up for the design on the palm fully. They are then joined by a series of perfect vine designs on the fingers. The design is completed with a completed vine with a flower on the wrist. The design can be recreated on the feet as well as the backside of the palm. The detailing on the design is very appealing and beautiful.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for Parties and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with indo-western outfits.
3. Circular Spaced Khafif Mehandi Designs:
The striking thing about this Mehandi design is the way in which the space in the back of the hand is utilized. The circular pattern with petals detailing at the end looks full yet is very spaced out and hence doesn’t look very heavy or detailed. The design is further completed at the fingers with flower petals. You can create a different style of flower or a mandala too as the centrepiece. The design is minimalistic but very beautiful and placed well.
- Suitable for which Function: Suitable for festivals or occasional applications.
- Pair with: Pair with any outfit, western or traditional.
4. Gujarati Khafeef Mehandi Designs:
Known for their unique design, these khafif designs are inspired by the state of Gujarat, India. They are gorgeous and make use of very abstract and contemporary patterns, which makes these designs look fresh. The motifs are accentuated by clear thin spaces in between. The patterns hence stand out and look beautiful on hands. The design with similar detailing can also be applied to the backside of the hands.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for engagement or wedding.
- Pair with: Pair with heavy traditional outfits or indo-western.
[ See More: Best Gujarati Mehndi Designs ]
5. Mirrored Khafeef Mehndi Designs:
As the word suggests, the Mehandi design is a mirror image in each hand. The design and pattern are the same on both the hands making each a mirror image of the other. The intricate details are measured and made accordingly for the same uniform finish in the design. Symmetry and wonderful use of contexts and spaces is the key that highlights this design. You can apply a similar style of mehndi design on the backside of the palms.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for festivals or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with indo western or traditional outfits.
6. Detailing Khafif Designs:
Two things catch one’s eyes in this detailing Mehandi designs. This has a very high level of detailing in the Mehandi and hence looks beautiful on hands. The design is as intricate as it can be and can be also a perfect bridal mehndi pattern. The other thing is the brilliance and the shine in the design which is very clear and crisp yet with the minutest of detailing. One can add motifs such as drums, an elephant, swastika or others to make this a more auspicious looking design.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for weddings or newly married women.
- Pair with: Pair with traditional outfits like saree and lehenga choli.
7. Modern Yet Traditional Khafif Mehandi Designs:
A lovely blend of traditional yet contemporary is this intricate khafif mehandi design. The symmetry of the central design, as well as the needle-like precision on the fingers, makes this an altogether awesome detailed khafif Mehandi design. This is a mandala-inspired design. You can also apply this design on your feet or your palm with additional detailing.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for festivals as well as parties.
- Pair with: Pair with western or traditional clothes.
8. Peacock Inspired Khafif Designs:
One of the most intricate designs is the center motif of a lovely peacock with delicate work all over. The design can be over full hands or can be spaced out thus highlighting the peacock motifs. This design is a stunning example of exquisite mehndi in khafif fashion. Apply this design on the backside of your hands for the wedding of a close family friend or relative.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for parties and family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with indo-western or traditional outfits.
[ See More: Peacock Mehndi Designs ]
9. Moroccan Khafif Mehandi Designs:
Khafif mehandi designs come in a variety of designs, styles, shape s and patterns. Representing Moroccan tiles, the pattern is very detailed with little flowers and lines used extensively. The design is spaced out well and one look at the hands is very pleasing to the eyes. A similar style of design can also be applied to the palms and the feet.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for friendly parties and family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with western or traditional outfits.
10. Floral Khafif Designs for Legs:
These stunning floral khafif designs in legs are perfect for a bride on her special day. This design has lovely flowers running on the leg in asymmetrical patterns with detailing with stars. Also, the design is completed by small floral vines spread adequately all over the feet. This design applied on the feet can also be applied on the back of the palm.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design is suitable for engagement, wedding or festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with indo-western or traditional outfits.
11. Back Hand Khafif Design Magnificence:
Perfect curves, little flower motif designs and exact design on both hands are the highlights in this khafif design mehandi. The detailing all over the hands, fingers, and wrist is just breathtakingly beautiful. You can recreate this design using flowers or other patterns on similar curves to achieve a different look.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for engagement and family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with traditional or indo-western outfits and some chunky jewellery.
12. Fingers Only Khafif Designs:
As the name suggests, this is intricately designed only over the fingers covering them fully. Floral motifs, textures, patterns, lines, dots etc. can be used for weaving this magic on fingers. One can sport this Mehandi look on western attire as well. The henna stained fingers look beautiful. You can also apply this intricate design on the front side of your fingers.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for parties or festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with a nice bracelet along with indo-western or traditional outfits.
13. Magical Floral Khafif Designs:
This floral khafif mehndi design is minimalistic yet achieves an overall look with full detailing in flowers and other floral designs. Flowers are spread from the wrist to the palm using curves to join them with a small circular motif on fingertips. This mehndi design can be recreated using different styles of flowers as well as applied on the backside of the palm as well as the feet.
- Suitable for Which function: Suitable for a party or a family function.
- Pair with: Pair with your favourite salwar kameez or kurta.
14. Khafif Designs on The Back:
A flower has been used as a centrepiece that has vines spreading out which further have more little flowers towards the end with dots and leaves. This goes well with cut blouses and deep u necked tops. You can also use a more detailed style of flowers for this design or can create a smaller version for your arms.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for engagement, party or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with a choker necklace along with a deep cut neck blouse or kameez.
15. Mesh and Banded Pattern Khafif Design:
The palm has the defined mesh detailing with four floral dots forming flowers all over the mesh. This forms the upper part of the palm. On the side to the wrist, there is a semi-circular band pattern with designs. The fingers also have the mesh and the band pattern completing the design. Make this design on the backside of your palms for more intimate functions and events.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for engagement ceremonies and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with full sleeve outfits or a traditional outfit.
Additional Tips for Khafif Mehndi Design:
- Now that we have got some inspiration about Khafif mehndi designs to let’s learn about some tips and tricks to ensure your mehndi looks the best,
- Do some research on the internet to find the design that suits you the best.
- Do not shy away from experimenting with designs and adding a touch of your own.
- If you aren’t very good at handling a mehndi cone, please take help from a professional as that will ensure your design looks perfect.
- Use a concoction of lime and sugar on your dried mehndi as that will help the mehndi to remain on your hands for a longer time which will indirectly help in achieving a darker stain.
- Avoid using chemical infused mehndi cones as that can cause a reaction to your healthy skin.
There are multiple styles and types of mehndi designs available on the internet as well as on multiple other sources but either the designs are too heavy or too simple for the occasion. This is when Khafif mehndi designs come to your rescue. The designs are appropriate for festivals as well as family functions because they are perfectly detailed and can be applied to any preferable body part. All you need to do is make use of a fine tip cone and some practice to achieve the intricacy of your desired mehndi design easily.