Kolam Rangoli has a different name in different places and traditions. People make Rangoli decorate their houses, courtyard, and walls for prosperity at any auspicious occasions. Kolam attracts happiness, joyfulness, luck, and luck in the family and represents brightness to life like colours used in it. It elevates the festive joy by increasing the beauty of the house and helps in keeping negative energies outside the house.
15 Beautiful and Colorful Kolam Rangoli Designs With Images:
1. Flower and Star Kolam for Festivals:
The flower and star theme design is the best rangoli kolam in which flowers and stars are made with white chalk or lime power or rice paste as shown in the picture. This flower and star pattern is very easy to make which covers the whole surface in the square. The dots in between the designs adds more beauty yet simplicity. Without the use of any colour, the design is enthralling. These patterns are geometrically symmetrical so before making this pattern outlines the surface.
- There is great significance in making the geometrical pattern on the floor as it loops the negative energy and does not let it pass through the house or enter the house.
- The rice flour used in the design helps insects to eat.
- Every curve and points denote the respect towards god.
2. Special Kolam Design for Pooja:
This simple rangoli kolam design gives a glimpse of Kalash over it there is coconut that is surrounded by the lotus flower and diyas. This design is simple to outline a pattern without the use of colours. It seems more like a pooja design for any ceremony in temples, marriage, and house welcome. Everyone can make this simple design but adding colours in it can beautify it.
- Pongal is the best festival to make this design where Kalash shows the prosperity and palm tree shows growth.
- It denotes the beginning or birth.
- Either colours or only white colour can be used.
3. Dot Kolam Rangoli Design:
This rangoli kolam image is same as dot kolam design however the only difference is in its geometrical pattern. It is said that making this design enhance the brain functionality and women should make rangoli design in front of their house to welcome good luck. However, making a geometrical design can calm the mind and fills it with happiness. The design is made surrounding the dots that give the perfect diamond shape.
- Square pattern denotes spirituality.
- Making loops and pattern is mind work that calms the mind of angry women.
- White colour brings happiness and peace.
4. Rangoli Kolam with Flowers:
This simple rangoli kolam design is only for beginners who have learned how to make rangoli. In this, flowers are made symmetrical along with the leaves in one shape and size. Use the white colour for the border the design then fill the colours inside it.
- These floral rangoli designs are more similar to geometrical shapes where dots are connected.
- Unique flower made together shows the unity and love among people of the house.
- Vibrant colours show calms the mind.
5. Pongal Kolam with Flowers and Leaves:
A perfect Kolam design is symmetrical, colourful, easy to make and circular in the pattern. The symmetry of leaves and flowers makes it more captivating. Each flower is started with a dot then followed by circle then flower petals, and different colours make it a more connected and vibrant look.
- This floral shaped rangoli is very common in India because the shade-bahar flower is very common and found everywhere.
- The flowers and leaves are a symbol of living thing that shows respect towards nature or live things.
[ See More: Pongal Kolam Designs ]
6. Dotted Peacock Kolam:
This simple rangoli kolam image looks very easy to make, but it is more complicated than making any random modern design. It contains birds, flowers, and leave but the thing to notice is dots. All the lines and designs are made by connecting the dots in a symmetrical pattern.
- Peacock birds show happiness when it rains hence its symbolises happiness within the person and among family members.
- The rainy season is the best occasion to make it with white colour.
7. Star Rangoli Kolam:
The star-shape rangoli kolam new design is very easy to make that is why it is everybody likes it. This Kolam design only contains the geometrical figures one after another is very easy to make by either stencil or pattern makers available in the market. Highlight the design with white colour then fill the colours inside the design.
8. Dotted Kolam Rangoli Design:
This dotted Kolam rangoli design is very simple to make but require lots of patience to make in a single and straight line. The curves should be in equal distance from each other so dots can be placed easily. Either say square or diamond, the curves and dots give the perfect synchronisation. Only white colours can be used to make this design.
- One can say it is a mind game for women that calms the mind after making it.
- The rice flour can become food for insects, and it is eco-friendly.
- This design denotes the old tradition of South India where people avoids making images of living things.
[ See More: Best Dotted Rangoli Designs ]
9. Small Diya Kolam Design:
Diyas rangoli kolam designs and patterns are only made on the occasion of Deepawali where Diya represents the prosperity and light in one’s life. This design is made in a circular pattern where diyas are drawn symmetrical. It is suggested to outline first then fill the yellow or orange colours in diyas to make it more realistic.
10. Mango Design Kolam:
To make this rangoli kolam design dots were placed on the ground in the square pattern, these dots were connected in such a way that it generates the design. Placing dots in an equal position and at the same distance is important. Mangoes, leaves, and different fascinating patterns are made using these dots only.
11. Traditional Kalash and Tree Kolam Design:
This traditional Kalash and tree design are made on the occasion of Basant Panchami when farmers welcome new crops, and it is time to cut them, Kalash, palm tree, and other pattern are made before pooja. By looking at this kolam rangoli design, you can see its clarity, use of vibrant colours and simple patterns. Each design has been outlined so that it appears more clear and sharp.
12. Rose Kolam Rangoli:
S mixture of modern and traditional Kolam Rangoli design in which rose depicts the modern pattern whereas lines, and other curves or triangle shaped flowers shows the traditional pattern. Adding bright colours make this rangoli beautiful and presentable.
13. Simple Kolam Flower Pattern:
A flower has been drawn using red and orange Rangoli powder. The petals are coloured using red, while the centre has been coloured using orange Rangoli powder. The main working has been done using white powder over and around the base of red and orange.
- This rangoli kolam designs and pattern is very popular these days, and you can find this design at every occasion like guest welcome, inauguration ceremony, and for decoration purpose.
- Vibrant colour brings happiness.
14. Diwali Kolam Rangoli Design with 3 Shades:
A simple yet stylish design, especially for Diwali or pooja, it consists of a square, circle and triangle with square-shaped design in circle. Later on, diyas are placed on the corner of the square, in a circle, and inside the triangles.
- The geometrical shape helps in elevating the negative energies from the house and keeps the negative energy at bay.
- You can use colours or flowers to decorate the design.
- This temple shaped design shows the welcome of God.
[ See More: Diwali Rangoli Designs with Lamps and Colours ]
15. 6 Shaped Peacock Feather Kolam Design:
A swirl like a shape, forming the number ‘6’ has been designed using yellow Rangoli powder. Several simple and colourful, peacock feathers have been drawn on the outer portions of the swirl. The swirl has also been perfectly designed keeping the required gap in mind.
- The kolam rangoli design reflects an opulence of its own and is suitable for any occasion or festival.
- Each peacock feather has been impeccably drawn, and each of them is a complete imitation of the other that brings happiness.
- The suitable occasion is competitions.
Additional Tips for Kolam Rangoli Designs
- To draw the dotted pattern in symmetry, draw the pattern on the floor with chalk or outline it so that design will look symmetrical and beautiful.
- Instead of using rice power use lime powder for the enhanced bright colour.
- For colourful rangoli first, outline the fill the colour in it and later on make a white colour boundary.
- Use liquid colour for sharp and clear rangoli design.
Want to choose rangoli kolam designs but not sure which one to choose from or which one is easy to make. Here in this article, there is a list of 15 best kolam rangoli designs with pictures from which you can choose the designs that is suitable for the occasion as well as easy to make. These designs are easy to make, and beginners can make it on every occasion. Making rangoli is the best brain exercise for women.