What is Laser Therapy For Hair Loss?
The type of laser therapy used for hair loss is the low level laser therapy (LLLT). This a safe form of treatment using laser light which has been under research for some time now to check for side effects and other health indications. It is now being used to cure all forms of hair loss in men and women, both genetic and natural. It has already been used to treat alopecia common in men, or male pattern baldness. Low level laser therapy is commonly called cold laser therapy, soft laser therapy, red light therapy, bio stimulation or photo bio modulation.
Low Level Laser Therapy for Androgenic Alopecia:
Low level lasers that are used for hair Fall treatment involves devices that emit laser lights to penetrate the scalp and promote hair growth. Lasers used up till now for this treatment include the Excimer (308 nm), the helium-neon (632.8 nm), and fractional erbium-glass (1550 nm). Low level laser therapy (LLLT) uses the devices with attached diodes. These diodes emit red light (wavelength 630-670 nanometers), that can be transmitted using bonnet or head caps, salon hoods or overhead panels or hand-held devices.
See More: Mesotherapy For Hair Loss
The Hair Max® Laser Comb (Lexington International LLC, USA) is the only laser device that claims to have been given 501(k) clearance by the FDA as a phototherapic instrument in the treatment of male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia and to promote hair growth in men and in women in 2007 and 2011 respectively. They also have battery-powered models that have 7, 9 or 12 beams of red light passing through the comb through its teeth.
How do You Know if You are a Candidate for Low Level Laser Therapy for Hair Loss Treatment?
Low level laser therapy can be used for men and women alike who have pattern baldness or thinning hair that is caused by natural factors or a hereditary condition. A system known as Norwood-Hamilton Classification is used to check the degree of hair loss in men. A system known as Ludwig-Savin Scale is used to check the degree of hair loss in women. These systems describe the extent of hair loss in both the sexes.
If you have hair growth of IIa to V by the Norwood Hamilton Classifications in men, or you have hair growth of I-4, II-1, II-2 by the Ludwig-Savin Scale for women, you are eligible for this treatment. Alternately, if you have a skin prototype of I to IV in the Fitzpatrick classification or frontal baldness or hair loss, you are eligible for this treatment.
See More: Herbal Treatment For Hair Growth At Home
Benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy for Hair Loss or Alopecia:
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is a method for hair regeneration that is applicable for the male and female sex alike.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) has had no severe side effects reported so far in its treatments for hair loss.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is pain free .
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is environmentally safe.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is cheaper considering the quality of treatment available and the surety of remedy.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is relatively fast considering other modes of hair re growth.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) consists of portable devices or hand held ones.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) fixes the hair growth on the crown of the head along the line of the forehead.
See More: Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Hair Fall
Improvement and growth in hair is noticed 6 to 12 weeks after Low level laser therapy (LLLT) treatment for hair loss. This form of laser therapy cannot be used with some kinds of medication. Consult your physician before opting for this treatment.
Image Source: 1.