Do you have curly hair? How to change styles every day? Well, you are in the right place. Here is a guide on the best curly hairstyles for long hair. These long curly hairstyles are for those women who seek newness and variety in their everyday hairstyles. These are quite trendy and will make you look elegant and classic. Gone are the days you think curly hair is a mess because these haircuts for long curly hair will make you stand away from the crowd and look awesome. Depending on the age group, you can easily pick simple or cute hairstyles for long hair to try out. Know more about the long curly haircuts and best hairstyles for long curly hair here.
12 Different Curly Hairstyles for Long Hair with Images:
If you have the right style, managing these curls become easy. The following top 12 curly hairstyles for long hair would rock the voluminous long, curly locks and you would surely turn many heads on the road.
1. The Princess Curly Long Hair Feels:
If you want that feminine and girly look, then this long and curly hairstyles are among the aptest fit for you. This is a stylish and cute looking one, which is good for women who love to throw a style statement and edgy look for fancy occasions. This isn’t easy to achieve, however, and requires a professional stylist to work on it.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 20s only.
- Suitable Face Type: Women with any face type can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon seasons are suitable for this style.
- Suitable Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style for wedding festivities on grand events with lehengas or long ethnic dresses.
2. Edgy Modern Curly Haircut Look:
This long curly haircut is not easy to achieve; however, we are all in awe of this fantastic, gorgeous look isn’t it. This one is stylish, classy and elegant. It looks amazing given the way it is edgy and sleek. Women who love to go to fancy parties and wants to create a great first impression can style similarly. You can look trendy and fabulous in this one
- Suitable Face Type: oval face women are only best to fit here.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this hairstyle in summer for the best look.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age below 40 years can try this one out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear a nice fancy dress for parties or events to look great.
See More: Traditional Bridal Hairstyles
3. Fiery Long Curly Hairstyle:
You would make your loads of curls look like a fiery volume. It looks amazing! You need to spray water on the hair and make it damp. Then apply a volumising mousse through the hair. While holding the head in an upside-down position, scrunch the hair. Make sure the crunching is done at root areas as well. Then flip your head back and with the help of a diffuser, dry your hair. For creating extra volume on the top, you can take large claw clips and start clipping the top hair at the root areas. Make sure that all hair becomes dry. They remove the scrunch hair and the clips and remove creases if there is any. You can also add a little bit of shine with hair spray to these long and curly hairstyles to complete the look.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are the best time to get these looks.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 20s only to look trendy and stylish.
- Suitable Face Type: Oval and diamond face shapes are best looking to try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with ethnic wear to look great for college going time.
4. Long Brown Curly Hairstyles:
This style would make you look cool and stylish. You need to apply any curl, enhancing crème and damping the hair. Then let it dry completely. Start from the middle back portion of the head and take small to medium sections; and twist the hair from the root twice or thrice. Then secure the hair with overlapping bobby pins. You should continue this pinning and fanning out the curl ends until all the pins are hidden and a beautiful volume is created. And you can also leave out some curls around the face. You can complete the look with a wrap or headband. This is one of the good hairstyles for long curly hair.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Suitable Face Type: Any face shape goes well in this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 20s and 30s age.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this hairstyle for lehenga or saree to look good in wedding festivities.
5. Black Braid Long Curly Hairstyles:
You should weave the curls into a braid and get a completely new look. You can apply a curl enhancer to dampen the hair. Then let it dry completely. Using a medium barrel rounded brush, you can smooth the fringe area and swoop it back. You can also bring some hair loosely over to aside. Then separate equal sections to make a conventional three-strand braid. Then secure the braided hair down to the ends with a band.
- Best Season to Try: Summers are the best time to try this hairstyle out.
- Suitable Face Type: Women with oval and round faces can try out this look.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in your 30s, then you can look young and radiant in this haircut.
- Suitable Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with a nice dress to look good at parties.
See More: Trending Celebrity Hairstyles
6. The Bow Curls Haircut:
This is another wedding celebration best curly hairstyles for long hair. This is a variant of a nice girly look but which is a must softer and classy look. If you love to experiment and get ready on stylish occasions, then this is a good and apt choice for you. Try it out if you want something nicer and smarter look for special fancy events. Given the way it looks smooth and softer, you will love it
- Best Season to Try: Winters are the best time to try out this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s are good suited to this style.
- Suitable Face Type: Those with elongated and oval faces are the best fit here.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with a nice fancy saree on wedding days.
7. Hairstyle for Long Thick Curly Frizzy Hair:
You can wear the best long curly hairstyles with any dress. You should apply crème and damp the hair. Make sure that the dampness spread equally to the root areas. Then part the hair on a slight angle from any side and move toward the top of the head. Then dry the hair. Lift the fringe at the front and give it an extra volume. Complete the curly soft locks by applying a shine serum.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are below 35 years old.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons are the best time to fit this hairstyle out.
- Suitable Face Type: Any face shape can go well in this particular hairstyle.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Nice skirt and top will look amazing here to go out with friends or family.
8. Curly Wavy Hairstyles Long Hair:
This style looks quite sexy and alluring. You need to apply a curl-enhancing mousse, gel while the hair is still damp. Then to get desired curls, scrunch the hair in smaller sections. If you want to add some additional volume, you can flip your head and scrunch the hair closer to the roots. Let the hair dry. Once it is completely dry, lift the fringe areas at the front and spray with hairspray. This is among the best and our favourite hairstyles for long curly thick hair.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is a good fit in this style easily.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of late 20s are good to suit this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face Type: Wear this style if you have square, oval and round face shapes.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear a nice dress and a long gown for wedding receptions in this style.
See More: Hairstyles for Long Black Hair
9. Easy Curly Long Hairstyle:
You should damp the hair by applying a medium hold curl enhancer. If you want more volume, make sure to add volume to the root areas. Then starting from the roots, scrunch the hair and enhance the curls. Dry your hair, lift the curls and push back the front hairs. Spray to complete the look. This is a must-try hairstyle for long curly frizzy hair.
- Suitable Face Type: Any face shape can go good in this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this hairstyle for women below 40 years old.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are a good fit to try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wearing a nice skirt and white shirt here will look good for office times.
10. Soft Curly Hairstyle for Long Hair:
By applying your favourite hair gel, damp the hair. Start scrunching from the ends and continue until the root areas. Let the hair dry. Once it is dry, straighten out the part and twist your hair back on one side. Secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat the soft twist on the other side of the part as well. This is another messy curly hairstyle for long hair.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are the perfect time to try this style out.
- Suitable Face Type: Those with an oval face can try this hairstyle easily.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in the late 20s and early 30s only.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Nice long dress or midi dress to parties would be an apt fit here.
11. Long Layered Hairstyles for Curly Hair:
You should apply curl crème and dampen the hair. Then comb through to make sure that it covers the hair evenly from the end to the roots. Divide the hair into three sections. Secure with clips. Drop one section into 2-inch horizontal sections. Twist some hair away from the face and some toward the face. Continue wrapping the hair in twists through all the parts. Once the hair becomes dry, apply a shine serum. Smooth out the curls and shake them a little to loosen. Section out the sides and the crown, pull each section, twist lightly and secure on the back of the head with bobby pins.
- Ideal Age Group: This layered hairstyle is suitable for women below 35.
- Suitable Face Type: An oval and diamond face can suit this best here.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this fancy hairstyle out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Nice long dress or lehenga can look good during a wedding reception or fancy events here.
12. Long Bob Curly Hair:
Damp your hair by applying a volumising hair gel or mousse. Comb the hair to make sure it covers the roots. Part the hair down the centre and then comb the fringe forward. Begin scrunching in the medium sections and continue through the whole head. Dry the hair and give it a misty look by applying a shine spray. This is definitely among cute hairstyles for long curly hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s are the best fit here.
- Best Season to Try: Summers are the best time to try out this haircut.
- Suitable Face Type: Those with any face shape can try this look easily.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with casuals to go out with friends and gatherings.
See More: Party Hairstyles for Long Hair
- Here is how best to try out and maintain curly hairstyles for the best look.
- Curly hairstyles may not seem as easy to maintain as they look. The first priority is to make sure hair is well detangled every time.
- Make sure you use moisturising shampoo as most curly women face drying out of hair issues.
- Apply good hair oil every week to nourish hair well. I never miss out on moisturising hair.
- A hair spa once a month is a good idea to protect hair from damage.
- Never over shampoo hair at all. Make sure you use serum and hair spray to protect you from pollutants and dirt issues.
Hope you all enjoyed reading curly hairstyles for long hair guide. Given the several trending hairstyles, you can quickly try out several of these as per occasion and preference. These are quite edgy long and curly hairstyles that will make you look classy and more of a trendsetter amidst your several friends and circles. You will look amazing and stand out in the crowd. Try them out and tell us how you feel about them; we love to hear your feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. How Often Should I Wash Curly Hair?
Ans: If you have thick curly hair, you can wash it every two days. Make sure you do not over wash the curly hair as it will take away natural oils and moisture from your hair and make it appear drier and frizzier.
Q2. Is Curly Hair Prone To More Split Ends?
Ans: Curly hair is generally prone to several of our concerns like dryness and split ends. Hence it is a good idea to protect and trim hair every 4-6 weeks regularly.
Q3. How To Take Regular Hair Of Curly Hair?
Ans: Curly hair isn’t easy to maintain. One should make sure it is well nourished to reduce dryness concerns. Nourish well with conditioner, protect with serum well. Useless or brushing and more or moisturising. Do not use many styling products.
Q4. How To Tame Frizzy, Curly Hair?
Ans: A common concern with maintaining curly hair is that they are quite dry and frizzy. Here is how to maintain and tame frizzy hair. Use natural ingredients like apple cider vinegar, avocado mask or olive oil mask, raw eggs and honey etc. to apply on curly hair before washing. They help reduce fizziness to a great extent.