Lower back fats are the bulging muscles on the lower back caused due to unhealthy food habits, lack of exercises, stress and improper sleep. Very frequently, simple diet changes can help get rid of lower back fat, but the deposits that have been there for a long time are tough to get rid off without proper back muscle toning workouts.
An everyday 30-minute exercise focusing the lower back only is essential to get the body back in shape. Additional methods include proper sleeping habits, diet changes and inclusion of protein and fibre in the diet.
Most Effective Lower Back Fat Exercises:
Here we enlisted 9 simple and best lower back fat exercises at home. Let’s have a look into them.
1. Leg Lifts – Lying Position, Using an Exercise Ball:
This exercise tones the lower fat muscles and also strengthens it. Another added advantage is that it tones the thigh and calf muscles and makes them appear strong and firm.
How To Do:
- Lie on a soft mat with hands by the side and legs joined and stretched out on the exercise ball.
- Make sure the knees are straight.
- Now take a deep breath in, put the legs flat on the ball, moving it closer and lift your buttocks high.
- Beginners can use hands for support.
- Hold in position for 5 seconds, then breathe out and get back to position.
- Doing these lower back fat workouts 15-20 times on a regular basis is advisable.
2. The Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana:
The Cobra Pose popularly known as bhujangasana is one of the famous techniques to reduce lower back fat and strengthen the back. It is also an excellent way to cure any kind of lower back pain one might be facing. This needs to be done at a slow pace for effective results and to save the body from cramps.
How To Do:
- Lie down flat on your tummy with palm flat on the floor near the shoulder.
- The toes should be pointed at the wall behind you.
- Inhale deeply and lift your upper body with the downward pressure on the palm till you feel slight stretches on the lower back.
- Hold the position for 7-10 seconds.
- Exhale and slowly get back to position.
- Doing these best exercises for lower back fat 15-20 times a day will help maintain a strong and fit lower back.
Read: Workouts To Lose Saddlebags Fat
3. Donkey Kicks:
Donkey Kicks have multiple benefits for the lower body, toning lower back muscles being one of them. It is an excellent way to keep the lower body in shape and maintain a fit and toned calf and thighs. These should be performed with great care to prevent muscular damage at the back and legs. Those with typical back conditions should avoid excessive straining.
How To Do:
- On a soft mat, get down on all fours, keeping the back straight.
- Beginning with left leg; keep it folded at the knees and extend it towards the backside.
- The target should be to have the foot facing the ceiling.
- Stay put, count to 10 then get back to initial posture.
- Perform with the left leg for 15 times, then switch to the right and repeat.
- Doing 2 such sets will be helpful in curing lower back fat.
4. Side Bending – Sitting Posture:
Side Bending improves the strength of your back and regulates blood flow to the entire upper body. It is essential to perform side bends if you want to get rid of the fat deposits on your lower back to get the curvy shape again.
How To Do:
- Sit on a soft mat with back straight.
- Pull the right leg inside and let the left leg stretch out to its side.
- Lift both the hands above your head and bend to the stretched out the leg as much as possible.
- The target is to bend till you feel the pull on your lower back.
- Breathe out and get back to the initial posture.
- Perform these exercises to get rid of lower back fat 20 times on each side in sets of 10 to prevent excessive straining on the waistline, increase gradually.
5. Side Crunches:
Side Crunches are very beneficial for the abdominal region, thighs and lower back. It helps tone muscles and gets rid of the fats that have been there for a long time and refuse to go permanently. Practising side crunches regularly will improve the overall stamina of the body.
How To Do:
- Lie down flat on the back on a soft mat, thread the fingers and put behind the head.
- Now lift both legs up in the air at 30 degrees.
- Breathe in and simultaneously fold and bring the left leg near the abdomen and right elbow to touch the knee.
- Breathe out and get back to the initial position.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Perform these exercises to lose lower back fat for both sides alternately.
- Do 25-30 sets regularly to have your back in shape within a few weeks.
Read: Flat Tummy Exercises For Beginners
6. Back Flexing:
Back Flexing is the simplest form of exercise to reduce lower back fat and needs to be done from time to time to regulate blood flow to the back. This is especially required after you have been sitting or standing in one posture for a long time.
How To Do:
- Stand upright with a table in front that has a height to reach your waist.
- Maintain the distance from the table that is equivalent to your upper body and arms stretched out.
- Now slowly, inhale and bend to touch your palm on the table.
- Hold the position for 15-20 seconds.
- Exhale and get back to standing position.
- Repeat these workouts for lower back fat at least 10 times to relax the lower back muscles and improve blood flow.
- It is also an ideal warm-up exercise before a full-body workout session.
7. Angled Leg Lifts:
Angled Leg Lifts have a medium level of difficulty, but very effective for the entire body, especially lower back and thighs. This exercise requires a lot of stamina so those with major back or knee problems should not do this exercise.
How To Do:
- Stand with back straight, legs at shoulder length distance and hands behind the head with fingers threaded.
- Maintaining the back as straight as possible, lift the right leg and try to touch the knees with the left elbow, inhale simultaneously.
- Get back to the position and exhale.
- Repeat for the other leg.
- Perform this exercise for 15 times each for both the legs.
- It will reduce lower back fat and strengthen it.
Read: Exercises To Burn Thigh And Hip Fat
8. Back Bends:
Back Bends are done mainly to stretch the lower back, which gets cramped up if we sit for too long. It is also a warm-up exercise for the lower back before you begin the workout session. It is very important to stretch the back to regulate blood flow and prevent back pain.
How To Do:
- For this, you will need a chair with hand rest.
- Stand with feet apart and hold the hand rests of the chair while it is behind you.
- Inhale deeply and keeping your hands straight, push your lower back towards the front.
- The target is to keep stretching till you can feel it directly on your lower back.
- Exhale and get back to normal posture.
- Do this lower back fat burning exercises 15-20 times regularly and it is assured to keep back problems at bay.
- Those with perennial body pain should do this exercise to loosen the muscles which may otherwise cause cramps.
9. Back Arching:
Back Arching is a good way to start your day and improves blood circulation in the body. It also helps reduce lower back fat and tone it to get the perfect curves with regular stretching. Those with knee problems should avoid practising this exercise.
How To Do:
- Kneel down on a soft mat with feet crossed at the back.
- Now inhale and bend backwards and hold both the feet with the palm.
- The target is to arch the back as much as possible – do not stretch excessively at the first go.
- Hold the position for 15 seconds.
- Exhale and get back to the initial position.
- Stretch at least 10 times a day to strengthen the back and tone lower back muscles.
- It is necessary to do this exercise slowly and steadily to avoid accidents.
Read: Exercises To Become Taller
Major cuts down in fast food, oily and high-fat foods, carbonated drinks, alcohol and canned foods need to be incorporated in addition to the above-mentioned exercises to have your curves replace the ugly back fat. Include legumes, proteins, fibre, low-calorie food and crunchy fruits and vegetables in the diet. Drinking plenty of water is also an additional help in maintaining the nutritional needs of the body and should be followed to keep the joints flexible.
Initially, the exercises will show drastic improvement, but as you begin to lose the fat, there are chances that the effects show up later; so do not get discouraged and keep exercising.
Let us know if you still have any doubts or concern about the lower back fat exercises. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.