Modern day’s life is filled with acute stress and depression. This can lead to mood swings that can severely impact your relationships. The root cause of this problem is the loss of energy that makes you feel drained out and can pose you to quick reactions. The perfect way to deal with this problem is to make use of Mudras to overcome negative feelings.
One such Mudra that can quickly help you gain back your energy is the Makara Mudra. This Mudra is called the crocodile hand gesture, in which the person can gain back his energy like the way a crocodile pounces on its victim with a rapid force. Read on to know more about this Mudra and the steps to perform it.
Makara Mudra Meaning, Steps And Benefits:
Today I want to explain the Makara mudra importance along with performing steps, meaning, and benefits.
[Read: Matangi Mudra Benefits]
Meaning Of Makara Mudra:
One of such fabulous and must try mudra is Makara Mudra. Makara is a Sanskrit word that means crocodile. Now, you might think what does a crocodile have relevance with a mudra style? Crocodiles are widely known to stay static and motionless for a very long period of time. It is believed that they restore and preserve energy for a very long period and then they use the preserved energy in adverse or extra demanding situations. Similar is the condition with humans.
Steps To Do Makara Mudra:
Makara Mudra is a hand or finger gesture most precisely, which can be used in a number of situations to get benefited out of your own well-preserved energy.
- You need to place one hand inside another.
- Now, gradually you should extend the thumb of the lower hand through the little finger.
- Next, you should take the ring finger of the other hand and place it in the middle palm of your other hand
- Make sure that the thumb and the tip of the ring finger are touching each other
- Now, you must spread the rest of the fingers as wide as possible
That’s all. Wasn’t it very simple? You can do it any time of the day be it evening or morning. You should do it at least 3 times a day for about 10 minutes each.
[Read: Health Benefits of Merudanda Mudra]
Makara Mudra Benefits:
Makara Mudra comes with a number of good things too. There are uncountable and innumerable benefits associated with Makara Mudra. This particular finger gesture has immense benefits on the physical and mental well-being of an individual.
Some Of Benefits Are Listed Below :
- It actives kidney energy which is related to the untapped energy hidden in our body.
- This mudra is known to reduce the appearance of lower black rings under the eyes, which is the primary signal of tiredness.
- It also solves nervous and bladder complaints among humans irrespective of gender.
- This mudra is known to have a calming and soothing effect on your body and mind.
- It brings a sense of security and confidence among people.
- Many experts and scientists have shown that this mudra helps fight against depression, frustration and other mood swings disorders.
- This mudra also helps in the restoration of happiness and self-satisfaction.
- This mudra is supposed to be beneficial for students as it immensely improves their concentration power.
- This mudra when regularly practised helps you to get rid of the negative energy surrounding you and you are left with all the positivity around yourself. In turn, actually, this mudra works in uplifting your mood.
- This mudra boosts the soul of a living being and encourages people in securing divine powers.
- For all those fitness freaks out there, this mudra also helps in keeping your body toned.
[Read: Healing Mudras: Yoga for Your Hands]
Precautions and Contraindications of Makara Mudra:
- There are no known side effects of Makara Mudra. People with asthma or breathing issues may have some problem with deep breathing. Else, this Mudra is quite safe to be performed at all times.
As mentioned earlier, deep down, we have a certain amount of reserved energy unknown to us. Mudras are a way of channelizing this energy flow to help you bounce back and revitalise. Makara Mudra has a range of benefits that can be gained from the activation of your energy reserves. If you have trouble focussing on your studies, chaotic mind or extreme mood swings, it’s time you practise Makara Mudra to overcome such problems. Makara Mudra can you a feeling of relaxation and also a sense of security and trust. The best part of this Mudra is that it can give you an instant feeling of negative emotions getting flushed out of the body. Try it to experience the feeling!