Everybody loves a new hair transformation, not just women, but men too! As much as the fashion world is evolving with new looks every day, we have several new men’s hairstyles that put us in awe. Men’s ponytail hairstyles are one such. Just like the new braids or buns for men, the ponytail hairstyles for men are unique and edgy looks with hot and contemporary style statements.
This list of the best and most trending men’s ponytail hairstyles is all that you need to see right now!
Man Ponytail: 10 Latest Pony Hairstyles for Men:
Here are the top 10 men’s ponytail hairstyles, and styles with pictures! They are mesmerizing and give such hot looks. Find out how best to suit a man’s ponytails for yourself and more!
1. Men’s Ponytail Hairstyle with Skin Fade:
This men’s top ponytail hairstyle features a unique skin fade, perfect for those searching for one-of-a-kind looks. The hairstyle features the skin fade at the bottom and a ponytail bun on the top, giving it unique and handsome hot vibes. Men with any hair texture and oval or elongated face shape can try out this look for special events such as parties and gatherings.
2. Man Ponytail with Blonde:
Even men can try out a blonde hairstyle with this ponytail to give a contemporary and exude stylish look. We have this Asian hairstyle inspired ponytail on the top with fade and blonde hair. It is perfect for those who have wavy hair texture and thin hair. The look suits men in their 30s and 40s and is perfect for occasional events and parties.
3. Statement Ponytail:
Lengthy locks can get annoying at times, especially for men. This hairstyle will keep your hair out of your face and also keep things interesting. Backcomb your hair and make a loop in the ponytail. If you are looking for one dapper look, why not try these ponytail hairstyles for men? This is easy and yet looks super-hot and handsome!
- Suitable Hair Type: Those with the wavy texture of hair can rock this look!
- Suitable Face Shape: Men with oval and round face shapes can look amazing and dapper here.
- Best Age Group: Those in the late 20s and 30s age group can rock this style.
- Ideal Season: Winter and monsoons are the best for this style.
- Preferable Outfit: Wear casual like black shirts and jeans to look good and hunky!
- Perfect Occasion: Go with this men’s ponytail hairstyle for parties or date nights to slay on occasion!
Read: Men’s Pompadour Haircut
4. Sporty Pony Style for Men:
Well, we all dream of looking sporty and stylish one day or another, isn’t it? There is no denial of it. Here comes one such sporty short ponytail man look, which looks super stylish and edgy. If you want something with lesser maintenance and yet want to try out a pony style, what better than this one? Men are inbuilt lovers of sports, and this David Beckham hairstyle look can lure them with edgy and sleeky looks.
- Suitable Hair Type: Those with any hair texture can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: one can try this style out if they have a round or oblong face shape.
- Best Age Group: This similar ponytail look can be tried by men who are above 35 years.
- Ideal Season: Summers and spring can be the best times to try this one out.
- Preferable Outfit: Wear shorts and easy-breezy clothes in this look to appear sporty.
- Perfect Occasion: Men can wear this for outings or casual gatherings with friends.
5. The Ancient Style Look:
Looking for something new and experimental? Well, you may like this high ponytail men’s style. In this look, there can be seen the inspiration from Viking ponytail male variants where the hair is in a similar fashion faded beneath and with high locks. Those who are total suckers for experiments and new variants should not miss this style. It looks totally trendy and surely promising.
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture with a longer length can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Oval and elongated face shape men can try this style out.
- Best Age Group: Wear this Viking hairstyle for men above 50 years old.
- Ideal Season: Any season is good to go in this look.
- Preferable Outfit: Wear similar fashioned funky and quirky outfits in this look.
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this style during themed events or similar parties to get the look.
6. Ponytail with Dreadlocks:
If you think that dreadlock hairstyles for men are out of fashion, well, they aren’t. This dreadlock ponytail male look above is trendy and edgy right now. Men who are looking for longer and vintage looks with a bit of funkiness should not give this a miss. While this is not quite easy to do, one may require professional help to achieve a similar look and also make sure to maintain this style well to avoid damage to hair.
- Suitable Hair Type: Long hair with any texture can try this lookout.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this for square and elongated face shapes only.
- Best Age Group: Men in their late 20s and 30s can both try this lookout.
- Ideal Season: Winters are the perfect time to try this hair lookout.
- Preferable Outfit: Casual T-shirt and jeans can be perfect for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this style during parties or dinner events or cocktail events too.
7. Ponytail for Black Hair:
If you want to have the best pony that can suit men in black or darker shades, then this ponytail hairstyle for men with black hair may be the perfect one for you. This looks super funky and bold that we cannot take our eyes off it. One can try this style out if they focus more on sexy and hot looks, which appeal to other women out there, especially. No one can try but avoid falling in love with this stylish look!
- Suitable Hair Type: Any black colour hair texture can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Elongated face shapes are best suited to this husky look.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 20s are best suited to try this hotter lookout.
- Ideal Season: Summers and monsoons are the perfect time to try this one.
- Preferable Outfit: Wear formals to look dashing and stylish in this male ponytail look. You are surely going to bang on looking hot and stylish!
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this style to office parties to slay the style in ease and edgy looks.
8. Celebrity Ponytail:
Seen here is actor and star Hrithik Roshan flaunting his tiny short ponytail. You do not need much hair for this one but yet can look appealing. If you want, you can even braid this for better looks. Imagine having a braided ponytail man in this style, and it looks amazing and stylish. We are thrilled to try this style out, as it looks dapper and edgy!
- Suitable Hair Type: Those with tiny and straight hair types can try this lookout.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this style for men with any face shape, as it suits it all.
- Best Age Group: Those in their 30s and 40s are best suited to try this style.
- Ideal Season: Summers and winters can be the best times to work on this style.
- Preferable Outfit: Formals are best suited to wear with black pants and blazers.
- Perfect Occasion: One can flaunt this manly ponytail at events or high-end parties.
Read: Brushed Back Men’s Hair
9. Afro Inspired Ponytail:
Here comes a popular afro ponytail. If you are looking out for specific styles, you may want to try this one out. While African styles are already known by many, we often miss out on this ponytail’s edgier looks, as this can also look dapper and cool. Those who want to have a fun-loving look should not miss this style, as it can appeal to the masses crazily! You can also try this out if you have thin hair.
- Suitable Hair Type: Those with curly hair texture can try this one out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this for oblong and elongated face shapes.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 20s are best suited to try this style.
- Ideal Season: Wear this look during summers and monsoons only.
- Preferable Outfit: This ponytail hairstyle for black men can look good with informal and casual.
- Perfect Occasion: Casual outings with friends and family are good to go in here.
10. Asian Men Ponytail:
The Asian men’s ponytail is gaining prominence these days because of its cosy and stylish looks. They are known to be flattering and stylish without a doubt, and one cannot help but fall in total love with them. They are simple and cute and look unique, as well. Those who are interested in such kinds of styles should give it a try.
- Suitable Hair Type: Men with smooth and straight hair types can try out this loose ponytail man.
- Suitable Face Shape: Any face shape can fit this look very well.
- Best Age Group: Wear this style if you are around your early 20s and late 20s only.
- Ideal Season: Summers and winters both are good to go in here.
- Preferable Outfit: Wear casual or formal outfits as per the occasion and as per your preference.
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this for offices or even for outings with friends.
11. Japanese Ponytail Men:
Here comes the most popular Japanese men’s ponytail style. It is popular among many circles, and the Japanese are well known for flaunting their healthy and thick hair. So if you’re someone who has good dense hair, then why lose the opportunity? Try this casual style out, and you surely are not going to be disappointed. Men who love to have a smooth and long hair look may want to prefer this style.
- Suitable Hair Type: Wear this Japanese hairstyle for men with smooth and straight hair texture.
- Suitable Face Shape: Oval, long and round face shapes are best suited in here.
- Best Age Group: Those in their 30s and 40s are the best fit to try this style out.
- Ideal Season: Winters are good to go in this look than other seasons.
- Preferred occasion: One can wear this style while attending music parties and events.
- Perfect outfit: Wear shorts and chirpy looks to this style to look great.
12. The Husky Look:
Men who are macho and look bulky and stylish can want to try this style out. This Ragnarlothbrok ponytail was quite popular before and is now back in demand for a reason – it looks stylish and gorgeous. Men who want that husky and edgy style look can try it out. It does not fit well in a pretty mainstream fashion sense, but yet it looks so hot that we cannot deny it!
- Suitable Hair Type: Men with wavy hair texture may want to try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this quick style with elongated and oblong face shapes only.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 50s can try this style for the best looks.
- Ideal Season: Wear this style during monsoons and winters for the best appearance.
- Preferable Outfit: Casuals and normal shirts are best for this look.
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this for casual outings or date nights.
Read: French Crop Mens Hair Looks
13. Indianized Ponytail Men:
You may be looking for one desi or Indian look, and why not! This is quite a simple and easy look which one can replicate with ease and without difficulty. All this hair look design seeks is to grow long hair and tie it with ponytail elastic. It can be among the do-it-yourself kind of look, which is very nice and easy. Try this style out if you are a simplistic person and not looking for very edgy looks.
- Suitable Hair Type: This best and cute style can be tried with any hair texture.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this for chubby faces as they may fit in better.
- Best Age Group: One can try this look for men in their 20s and 30s.
- Ideal Season: Any season is good to go in this look!
- Preferable Outfit: Casuals and normal t-shirts will go well in this style than others.
- Perfect Occasion: College or casual outings are good to go in this style.
14. Thin Hair Pony Style:
If you are looking for smarter looks, then you may want to try this neat man ponytail out. This look can also be altered as per one’s specific preferences, and that is the speciality of the look. Here, for instance, one can try out in style as well. However, the smarter look and details are mainly the same, and we love that thing about it!
- Suitable Hair Type: Wear this for any hair texture easily, and it fits well.
- Suitable Face Shape: A round face shape can suit this look well.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 20s can wear this style better than others.
- Ideal Season: Summer is good to go in this style than other times.
- Preferable Outfit: Casuals and normal T-shirts and pants are good styles in this one.
- Perfect Occasion: Travelling times are the best times to try this funky look.
Read: Best Hairstyles For Teenage Guys
Let us see some important tips and suggestions to maintain hair well with a ponytail,
- Make sure you take good care of your hair. Longer hair requires special attention and cleansing at regular intervals without fail
- Condition hair well and nourish it for good texture.
- Apply good oil every week without fail to nourish and moisturize well
- For styles like long braids or dreadlocks, try and do it with professional help to protect hair.
- Have good trims at proper intervals to maintain the proper length and density of hair.
Given these men’s ponytail hairstyles, hope you pick up what you like best for good looks. You can easily prefer it as per your facial features and occasions and try it out. Let us know your favourite one on the list, and we love to hear back and have your thoughts shared with us.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Can Man Ponytail Look Good for Men Above 50 Years?
Ans: Yes, a man’s ponytail can look amazing, even for men above 50 years old. One can try out a high ponytail with a longer length, a long beard, and a moustache to look stylish and super-hot.
Q2. Do Regular Men Ponytail Hairstyles Good for Hair?
Ans: Yes, one can do a man’s ponytail regularly as well if they take good care of their hair. Longer hair for anyone requires good and required attention, and anyone following that hair care can try different styles out.
Q3. Will Braid Ponytail for Man Look Good?
Ans: Yes, one can try out a braided ponytail as well for men, and it looks unique and stylish. Try and prefer it for middle-aged men with well-built structures to look stylish and appealing.