Among the several messy hairstyles trends and looks, the messy ponytail is quite a common and recent phenomenon. The charming, easy, and quick style, with graceful, and modern-day appealing trend is what made the messy pony come into the limelight. From celebrities to models and fashion bloggers, the hairstyle is embraced most elegantly, and you can too do it. If you love the fashionista looks and vibes, this messy pony hair is just for you.
Why wait, let’s get ahead and explore these lovely messy hairstyle pony looks today.
Easy Messy Ponytail Hairstyles Trend this Decade:
We have compiled the list of top trending and latest messy hair ponytail to suit women across preferences, age groups and features. Have a look at these perfect hairstyles with pictures gallery.
1. Messy Braid Ponytail:
While the messy braided looks are already the most popular ones globally, we can’t stop ourselves from introducing you to this lovely and feminine charming style. Here, the one sided pony goes well to blend in with overall open hair, tied into a knot. Pull out the hair of braid and pony a bit to give messy and puffy effect once done. For parties to weddings, this messy ponytail with a braid can be good choice.
- Women with oval, diamond, and oblong face shape can try this hairstyle.
- This messy pony is perfect if you have a wavy and curly hair texture.
- Try this look for women in the late 20s to the mid-30s for that graceful effect.
2. Messy High Ponytail:
Do you prefer much of bold and wild statement looks? This high messy pony look can be ideal. For all those cocktail parties or dance nights, sort out your costume and makeover away with this lovely and chic hairstyle. Try this one out for long dresses or knee-length one-piece outfits, and we bet you can look no less than a diva.
- Women with round and oval face shape and features can try this ideal look
- This edgy and chic style can be best for those with wavy and straight hair texture.
- Those in the 20s age group are only preferred for this lovely look.
3. Messy Ponytail with Bangs Fringes:
You can try out messy ponytail even if you have bangs or fringes. This lovely messy low ponytail can be tied in the most casual manner and disturb the hair a bit to make it appear messy. Bring on a bit of hair falling over near the forehead for that added effect. Try this one out for those special dinner events or gatherings, and this can look dazzling.
- Women with heart and oval face shapes can try this style easily.
- This edgy look can look perfect if you have wavy hair texture or mild curls.
- Women in the late 30s to the 40s can look versatile, youthful and stylish here.
4. Messy Ponytail with Short Hair:
Hey, if you have short hair worry not. You can even make a variant of this pony. Tie down a casual ponytail with hair knot and pull in some strands for that added style. Loosen up the pony near the crown for extra effect. Try this out and this can be casual yet elegant and charming. What do you think? This can be good for everyday casual outings or offices.
- Women with any face shapes and features can try this hairstyle
- Try this look with wavy or straight hair texture for the best of the looks.
- Any age group women till the age of 35 years can prefer this edgy-chic appearance.
See More: Types of Hairstyles for Girls
5. Long Messy Ponytail:
If you have longhair length, we have you sorted too. Try out this long messy ponytails style in the easiest manner. Further, if you have frizzy hair, you can flaunt in the beauty of the look too effortlessly and still appear like a million bucks. What do you think of this one?
- Women with oval, oblong, and square face shape can try this look.
- This hair makeover can be perfect for frizzy and curly hair texture and style.
- Those in the late 20s to the 30s age group can ideally try this mesmerizing style.
6. Messy Ponytail Updo with Short Braided Knot:
We have another messy ponytail idea if you have medium to long length hair. Bring on all the hair together and try a very short braid near back of the crown. Now tie the entire hair as a ponytail. Rub the hairstyle around a bit to create a messy feeling and you are good to go. If you are going on that summer holiday or lunch outings, this lovely and refreshing look can be a good choice.
- Women with oval face shape must try this hairstyle for that chic effect.
- Curly, wavy hair texture can go very well in this look.
- The age group of the mid-20s to the late 30s can be a perfect and ideal choice.
7. Bubble Messy Hairstyle Pony:
This is such a lovely and gorgeous messy ponytail formal for working and professional women. If you are in search of that special hairstyle for office organized gatherings or formal parties, try this lovely look. This is unique and gives a vibrant and contemporary feels easily and effortlessly.
- Women with any face shape and features can try this hairstyle easily.
- This edgy look can be ideal for those with wavy and curly hair texture.
- Women of any age group can easily try this lovely and unique innovative hairstyle.
8. The Platinum White Messy Hair Ponytail:
The young new-gen modern women must not miss out on the platinum hair. Now wake up the inner fashionista in you with this lovely chic high messy ponytail that we can’t stop gushing on. This can be ideal for parties and those fun nights out and for women searching for bold, contemporary and marvelous looks.
- Women with long and oval face shapes must try this lovely look
- Any hair texture can be good to go and perfect in this style easily.
- Try this look for women in the mid-30s to the 40s age group for that youthful and mesmerizing style.
9. The Casual Everyday Messy Pony:
Are you going out on a quick meet? For the new millennial women who are particular about their looks even on small days, we even hear you. This casual low messy ponytail also looks sleek and luminous with the uniqueness and creative style. Isn’t it cool?
- Oval, round, and heart face shape can be perfect in this hairstyle
- Wavy and smooth straight hair texture can be ideal for this casual, everyday messy look
- This hairstyle can be edgy for women in the 30s age group
See More: Side Braid Ponytail
10. Messy Ponytail for Weddings:
Messy is a new style and cool. If you don’t agree with us, do check out the latest wedding hairstyles trends. The messy looks are spotted on most of the young modern women, and it is among the most sought after and loved style. Here we have a messy and mesmerizing ponytail for weddings or celebrations. With the feminine and graceful style, this look is refreshing, timeless and elegant.
- Those with diamond, oval and long faces can try this hairstyle easily
- Women with curly and wavy hair texture must not miss out on this messy ponytail.
- This edgy style can be ideal for women in the 20s to the 40s age group easily.
11. Messy Low Ponytail With Loose Crown:
This sexy hairdo is the quintessential “just-out-of-bed” look. The crown is loose and the lower ends are tied together and tossed over one shoulder. It is a complete grunge meets sweetheart look perfect for a casual outing with buddies.
12. Messy Beehive:
This is a messy take on Bridget Bardot’s iconic hairstyle. It adds volume to the look and the awry little strays add to the careless beauty image. Use a lot of hair spray to help last the look longer.
See More: French Braided Ponytails
13. Messy Twisted Ponytail:
Take two sections of hair around either temples and above the ears, twisting them all the way to the end. Secure them together with elastic or rubber band. Gather all the hairs together into a mid high ponytail and wrap a few strands around the base to give a distinct look. All the time use your fingers and use comb minimally to get the messy look.
14. Messy French Braid Ponytail:
It is similar to the messy twisted ponytail, only the twisted hair is replaced by a deep French braid. Remember to add texture to your crown and twist and secure fly-aways with bobby pins. A little chaos is always welcome to achieve the messy look.
15. Messy Waterfall Braid Ponytail:
Essentially a free hand waterfall braid, this is more of a hippie hairstyle. No need to tame fly away as it gets covered in the braid. Make a low ponytail and fasten it away from the head just over the shoulder. You can back brush the front portion or simply let it fall around the frame.
16. Messy Poof Ponytail:
It’s the best ponytail for those with shaggy hair. The abundant layers will help create the messy look with easy. Create a small poof at the crown by back brushing the hair. Then gather your hair to a mid high ponytail and yank the ponytail tight. Let the loose strands be as it is.
17. Messy High Ponytail:
Who knew that the messy high pony would be such a craze? Just gather all your hair into a high ponytail, and then yank the ponytail tight by pulling at opposite directions with both hands. This will ensure the messy look. For a sharper look straighten your hair with a flat iron and lots of hair serum. This will make a sleek and glossy ponytail.
18. Messy Double Braided Ponytail:
Combine any two braids to converge into a ponytail. It can be a double waterfall or a double French braid or a crown braid with waterfall. Be creative and increase your glamour quotient. Make sure that it is messy within reason to avoid crazy tangles.
19. Messy Topsy Ponytail:
The topsy tail is a bubble ponytail with inverted twists. Make a high ponytail first. Then create the first bubble. Invert the remaining her from the centre of this bubble. Continue till desired length. And voila!
What do you think of these messy ponytail hairstyles? These messy pony looks are famous already across the world, and we quite are in awe with the intricate and stylish trends. They are perfect for modern-age women who don’t want to settle for any less. Let us know your thoughts, too; we love to hear from you!