Dandruff may sound like a simple problem, but its effects are beyond imagination. With white flakes covering your blouses and shirts at the workplace, you feel like hiding yourself in the nearest closet. The itch that comes with dandruff is even worse. To keep these problems at bay, doctors recommend daily hair wash with a mild shampoo. Unlike regular shampoos, using a mild anti-dandruff shampoo can not only work on the problem but also leave your hair smelling fresh and clean.
Here is the list of best mild shampoos for Dandruff.
Best Mild Shampoos For Dandruff:
One of the major reasons for hair fall is dandruff. So to choose any product on the hair you need to be careful that it should not be very harsh.
Hence, once you choose an anti-dandruff shampoo you need to ensure that it is mild so as not to cause damage to the hair.
1. Himalaya Baby Shampoo:
It contains hibiscus extract which is very mild and soft on hair. It also has chickpeas and khus-khus which keep the scalp cool leaving it fresh and airy and reducing dandruff with regular use. It is mild on the scalp and can also be used for kids. And It cleanses the hair effectively.
Key Ingredients: Chickpea, Hibiscus, Khus-Khus grass.
How to Use: Wet your hair. Apply shampoo and lather well. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Very mild and gentle.
- Contains natural extracts.
- No SLS, SLES, Parabens or harmful chemicals.
- Keeps hair soft and shiny.
- It May not work well on an adult’s hair.
- Too mild for oily scalps.
- Many products will be needed for those with thick and long hair.
Read More: Haircare Tips for Dandruff
2. Wella Sp Clear Scalp Shampoo:
Wella is known for its premium quality, professional hair care products. The SP Clear Scalp has an ultra-mild formula to clear your scalp of dandruff. It is a pH-neutral product which can effectively control the production of excess sebum and oil. This is the best mild anti-dandruff shampoo in India.
Key Ingredients: Zinc Pyrithion, Macarena Fragrance.
How to Use: Apply shampoo on wet hair. Lather well and rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat if needed.
- Mild Formula.
- Contains Zinc to combat Dandruff.
- Controls oil and grease on the scalp.
- Relaxing Scent.
- Available only in selected stores and salons.
3. Dove Dandruff Care Shampoo:
Regarding affordable hair care products, Dove is a value for money. This mild anti-dandruff formula contains ZPTO, an active ingredient to curb fungal infections. It is also enriched with moisturizing agents to keep your hair soft and supple. It is suitable for every day and is the best mild anti-dandruff shampoo.
Key Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethiconol and TEA-Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Zinc Pyrithione, Dimethicone and Laureth-4 and Laureth-23 and Poloxamer 407, Perfume, Carbomer, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lysine Hydrochloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylisothiazolinone.
How to Use: Take a small amount of shampoo on wet hair. Lather well and massage with fingers. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Easily Available at all stores.
- Priced reasonably.
- It Controls Dandruff to an extent.
- Doesn’t dry out hair.
- It May not work for stubborn or chronic dandruff.
See More: Mild Shampoos In India
4. Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo:
It has organic ingredients and is very mild on hair and can be used almost every alternative day for washing hair. It has antibiotic properties to soothe and calm the hair and keep it moisturised thus preventing dandruff and reducing itchiness and dryness that may cause dandruff. It also contains biotin and vitamin B5 which helps in the nourishment of hair.
Key Ingredients: Aqua, SLES Active – 14%; Aloe Vera Leaf Extracts; Coco-Di Ethanolamide; Allantoin; Kathon CG; D Panthenol; Biotin; Fragrance.
How to Use: Use a small amount of shampoo on wet hair. Massage well with fingers. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat if necessary.
- Contains Natural extracts.
- Paraben-free shampoo.
- Suitable for daily use.
- Makes hair shiny and voluminous.
- Not available at all stores.
- It can make your hair dry and frizzy.
5. Khadi Natural Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo:
The shampoo’s time-tested Ayurveda ingredients make sure that the scalp is entirely cleansed and that the roots are stimulated, which reduces dandruff. Amla & Bhringraj Hair Cleanser contains the most effective Ayurvedic herbs and oils for scalp and hair cleansing, leading to complete hair care. This shampoo is made from natural ingredients and is devoid of synthetic preservatives, artificial colours, & sulphates, parabens, and SLS. This bottle contains pure bliss from love and care.
6. BIOLAGE Scalppure Shampoo:
BIOLAGE Scalppure Shampoo | Paraben free | Targets Dandruff, Controls The Appearance of Flakes & Relieves Scalp Irritation | For Dandruff Control
See More: Mild Shampoos for Dry Hair
7. Kaya Skin Clinic Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This anti-dandruff shampoo from Kaya’s hair is designed to work against Malassezia furfur, the main dandruff-causing microbe. It contains Piroctone Olamine, an agent that is highly effective in treating dandruff. Plus, the product also contains seaweed and algae extracts which soothe an itchy scalp and control excess oil.
Key Ingredients: Piroctone Olamine, Vitamin B5 and Seaweed extracts.
How to Use: Apply shampoo on wet hair to form a lather. Massage and rinse thoroughly.
- It can be used daily.
- It Controls Dandruff to an extent.
- Maintains the health of a scalp.
- Expensive for daily use.
- It can cause dryness and frizz.
- Not easily available in all stores.
8. Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
Sebamed is also a very mild product for hair care and is not harsh on hair. It cleanses the hair mildly and helps in keeping it fresh and rejuvenating. It is specially designed for daily use, considering the pH of 5.5 scalp. The product contains Piroctone Olamine, which works quite effectively in dandruff. This is considered to be the best mild shampoo for dandruff.
Key Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Hydroxypropyl Oxidized Starch PG Trimonium Chloride, Piroctone Olamine, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Laureth-4, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate.
How to Use: Apply liberally to wet hair and work lather through strands, from scalp to ends. Rinse well with water.
- Soap-free, Alkali formula.
- Medicated Formula.
- Specially designed for hair with a pH of 5.5 scalp.
- Controls itchiness and white flakes.
- Available in selected stores only.
9. L’Oreal Paris Serie Expert Instant Clear:
The Instant Clear Pure shampoo for Loreal is designed for those with mild to medium dandruff problems. It can control white flakes and itching by cleansing the scalp gently. You can experience a light and fresh feeling after washing your hair. Plus, it comes with a shower cap.
Key Ingredients: Zinc Pyrithione and Citric Acid.
How to Use: Apply on wet hair. Lather well and massage. Leave for a couple of minutes before rinsing with water.
- Removes visible flakes.
- Makes hair shiny and manageable.
- Nice fragrance.
- Professional Formula.
- Doesn’t work on Chronic dandruff.
- Available in selected stores only.
See More: Selsun Shampoos for Dandruff
Tips To Use Mild Shampoos For Dandruff:
Follow these expert tips to get rid of dandruff and enjoy fresh hair every day:
- Mild shampoos cannot totally eliminate dandruff from roots.
- They can only work on visible flakes and control excess oil.
- These shampoos can dry out hair due to the presence of certain anti-dandruff agents.
- It is important to use a good quality conditioner to retain the moisture.
- Avoid styling tools, chemicals or heat to prevent the situation from aggravating.
- Always use lukewarm water to rinse these products thoroughly from your hair.
So, did you choose your pick from this segment of Mild shampoos for dandruff? Before you try these products, you must understand that Dandruff can be caused due to many factors like lack of proper care, medical conditions or even certain drugs. These shampoos work only on occasional dandruff to eliminate the peripheral flakes. However, they ensure a clean and fresh scalp all day long.