Is the Milk Diet Worth Losing Weight?
Consumption of only milk is the key to follow the milk diet for weight loss. The amount of calcium present in the milk helps you get rid of your body’s fat, especially in the abdominal area. But many nutritionists believe consuming only milk may leave you deficient in many nutrients as milk can give you only milk protein and calcium.
This is why it is suggested to make slight modifications, like adding foods with fiber to overcome nutrition deficiencies. But the key is to make sure you consume milk in higher amounts compared to other foods in the diet.
How Milk Diet Help in Weight Loss:
Milk can be very beneficial in maintaining the overall health of your body. The high amounts of calcium in milk help eliminate all the extra fat deposited in the body by increasing the metabolism, making the weight loss process more comfortable.
Milk helps in weight loss keeps you full for an extended period by stimulating the production of a hunger-fighting hormone called peptide YY.
The blood pressure is lowered, increases your satiety, reduces belly fat with the protein present in milk by boosting your body’s metabolism (1). It also decreases the calorie intake helping you burn all those extra pounds quickly.
How Much Weight Can You Lose with a Milk Diet?:
Milk is one of the universally accepted liquids that has many potential benefits to our body. We take it in one form or the other in our daily lives. Milk can be a good option for weight loss in a healthy way.
You may lose up to 8 to 10 pounds in four weeks by following the milk diet, depending upon your current weight, medical history, age, sex, medications, genetics, and adherence to the plan.
Advantages of Milk Diet:
Here is the list of advantages milk diet plan for weight loss has. They are as following:
- Milk is a rich source of calcium that not only helps maintain bone mass but strengthens your bones, teeth, and muscles (2).
- Following a milk diet helps maintain potassium levels in your blood since working out may cause perspiration, resulting in potassium loss.
- Vitamin A builds up immunity; vitamin D helps your bones, which are abundantly available in milk (3)(4).
- Following the milk diet will help reduce unnecessary cravings helping you lose weight. This diet also helps repair and build body muscles with the help of the proteins present in milk (5).
- Milk diet helps you fill up with the mineral phosphorus essential in generating energy, making you active and healthy.
[See Also: Can Milk Help You Lose Weight]
Disadvantages of Milk Diet for Weight Loss:
Although the milk diet has tremendous benefits, it also has some disadvantages. Some of them are:
- It might have deficiencies in other nutrients such as magnesium, iron, vitamins C, and D along with fiber if you follow the milk diet for an extended period.
- It may cause a break out of acne in adults as well as kids (6).
- Also, It may cause bloating in some people.
- Some people may find it difficult to follow the plan.
- The milk diet plan is specifically designed for people who are overweight.
Foods to Avoid in Milk Diet for Weight Loss:
Here is a list of foods you need to avoid if you are following a milk diet:
- Vegetables such as potatoes and pumpkin.
- Fruits like lychee, jackfruit, and mango.
- Avoid fats and oils like full-fat cream, cream cheese, lard, butter, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise.
- Avoid cashew nuts.
- Artificially sweetened drinks, alcohol, packed fruit juice, and aerated drinks are some of the beverages you should avoid.
[See Also: Different Types of Milk You Did Not Know About]
Alternative Options If You Don’t Eat Dairy Products:
Although a milk diet can be beneficial, it might be challenging to follow lactose intolerant or other health concerns. We present you with some of the other best alternatives for dairy or dairy products you can use:
- Soy milk, Almond milk, Rice milk, Coconut milk, Flax milk, Oat milk, Hemp milk, Cashew milk can be an excellent alternative for cow milk.
- You can use yogurt made out of Coconut milk, soy milk, hemp, almond milk.
- There are soy-free, gluten-free as well as dairy-free cream cheeses available in the market. You can also prepare your soft cheese by using nuts like cashews, almonds, or macadamia nuts.
- Butter made out of vegetable oil blends, coconut butter, and nut butter can replace traditional butter.
Maintaining a healthy weight is essential for leading a healthy life. Following a milk diet for weight loss can be an effective and easy way to bring a beautiful change into your life. Make sure you maintain a workout regime to go along with the diet plan to lose weight healthily. It is also better to consult your doctor about the effect a milk diet may have on your body before following the diet.
Disclaimer: The contents presented in this article are only for informational purposes and not a replacement for a medical opinion. Consult your doctor before you start anything new, and the website is not responsible for the side effects it may cause.
1. Which Type of Milk is the Best Option for a Milk Diet to Lose Weight?
Ans: Although you can use regular milk to follow the milk diet, the low amount of fat in skimmed or toned milk makes it one of the best options to attain results faster. If you have heart problems, diabetes, or obesity, whole milk may not be suitable. However, whole milk will help reduce the calorie intake, and it is nutritious and satiating.
2. What are the Things We Need to Remember When You Follow a Milk Diet for Weight Loss?
Ans: Here is a list of things you need to keep in mind when following a milk diet.
- Make sure you work out for at least five hours per week.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol and junk food.
- Hydrate yourself as much as possible.
- Have an adequate amount of sleep.
- Opt for soy or almond milk if you are vegan or lactose intolerant.
3. Does a Milk Diet Help You Lose Belly Fat?
Ans: Drinking a warm cup of milk with a bit of turmeric can be useful in weight loss, especially before you go to sleep. Although there is no scientific evidence to prove the effect a milk diet has on belly fat loss, you can lose belly fat by including nutritious foods and exercise regularly.