Who doesn’t want a beautiful looking surface? Many people have a misconception that moisturization is necessary only for people with dry skin. Though it might be tricky, oily skin also needs a barrier for the protection of your skin. When we talk about the moisturizers for oily skin, they need to be oil-free with ingredients that not only nourish your skin but remove the extra oil too.
If you want to balance the moisture, soothe your skin without eliminating the natural oils from your surface, you must try these moisturizers for oily skin.
Tips To Choose A Moisturizer For Oily Skin:
- Pick products that are oil-free and suit your skin type.
- Don’t be afraid to try a few products till you find the one that suits your skin the best.
- Be on the lookout for products that have exfoliating, moisturizing, and oil-free ingredients.
- If you are worried about using several products directly on your face, you can try it out first on your arm.
Must-Try Moisturizers For Oily Skin:
Here is a comprehensive list of the oil-free moisturizer options you try that are not only healthy for your skin but also nourish it.
1. Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser: 161
Men and women have very different skin texture and need resulting in wanting a moisturizer for oily face. Nivea presents you with an exclusive moisturizer for men that protects your skin from the harmful UV rays, thereby preventing the darkening of your skin. It has a whitanat vita complex which has ten nutrients that repair your damaged skin. It can be absorbed quickly into your surface, making it hydrated for a long time, making it the best moisturizer for men’s oily skin.
Key Ingredients: Whitinat vita complex.
- Controls the oil on your skin.
- Rejuvenates your dull surface.
- Gets absorbed quickly.
- It is a product targeting men.
2. Lacto Calamine Face Lotion for Oil Balance: 178
Lacto calamine is a famous brand often recommended by doctors too. The key ingredients, such as kaolin clay, glycerine, and zinc oxide, make it a perfect daily moisturizer for oily skin. It provides you with an oil-balanced look for around eight hours and gets absorbed quickly. Kaolin clay acts as a natural exfoliator that helps remove excess oil and removal of dead skin cells. Glycerine moisturizes your skin from drying out, making your skin clear and soft. The antiseptic properties of zinc oxide eliminate blemishes and dark spots by unclogging the pores and thereby prevent the formation of pimples.
Key Ingredients: Kaolin Clay, Glycerin, Zinc oxide.
- Moisturizes your skin.
- Controls excess oil for an extended period.
- It prevents acne.
- It may not be effective on acne scars.
- The fragrance is strong.
3. Himalaya Nourishing Skin Cream: 187
Himalaya provides a moisturizer cream for oily skin that is best suited for daily use with a light and non-greasy consistency that helps nourish your skin all day long. The nourishment and moisturization of your skin can be found from the extracts of Aloe vera, Indian kino tree, Winter cherry, and Indian pennywort that form a fantastic blend. It also helps regenerate your skin cells by eliminating the pollutants in the pores.
Key Ingredients: Mandukaparni, Aloe vera, Ashvagandha, Bijaka.
- Perfect for daily use.
- Easily available.
- Protects your skin by nourishing and moisturizing it.
- It may feel greasy if you apply in large amounts.
4. Lakme Soft Creme Moisturizer: 249
If you are looking for a product for glowing and nourished skin, then Lakme presents you with the perfect option. This is the best moisturizer for oily skin in winter, as it is gentle on your surface and can enter into your skin quickly. It has a mild fragrance from the peaches and milk since they are the key ingredients, and it keeps your skin moisturized for as long as 24 hours.
Key Ingredients: Peaches, Milk, Sunflower seed oil.
- Makes your skin soft.
- Available easily.
- It gets absorbed quickly into your skin.
- It doesn’t have SPF.
- It has parabens.
5. Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face: 284
Mamaearth provides the perfect product to maintain the PH balance of your skin. It is an oil-free moisturizer that helps retain the elasticity of your skin along with making it smooth and supple. It eliminates all the excess oil from the pores, thereby preventing the formation of anymore acne. This face moisturizer for oily skin keeps your skin hydrated and nourished for a more extended period.
Key Ingredients: Apple cider vinegar, Cetearyl octanoate, Betaine, Fatty acids.
- Hydrates your skin effectively.
- Affordable and Available readily.
- Prevents the formation of pimples.
- Chemical-free ingredients.
- The product may feel greasy.
[See More: Moisturiser For Acne Prone Skin]
6. Pond’s Super Light Gel Moisturiser: 299
This is a non-oily moisturizing product by Ponds that keeps the moisture lock in for around 24 hours. The key ingredients in this product are hyaluronic acid and vitamin C that help nourish your surface, which makes it the best gel moisturizer for oily skin. This gel can be absorbed quickly into your skin by spreading correctly that can be used in all seasons.
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E.
- Makes your skin supple.
- Readily available and affordable.
- Keeps your skin hydrated.
7. Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser: 320
This is a moisturizer by Aroma magic that is enriched with SPF 15 that works perfectly to brighten your skin. The anti-inflammatory properties and the antioxidants in the essential ingredients make it the best moisturizer for oily skin in summer. It also helps fight the free radicles that cause harm to your skin along with harmful sun rays. It is also a non-greasy product that helps eliminate blemishes.
Key Ingredients: Juniper berry oil, Cucumber extracts, SPF 15, Patchouli, and lemon essential oils, Aloe vera juice.
- Readily available.
- Eliminates acne.
- Refreshes and nourishes your skin.
- It doesn’t suit dry skin.
8. Urban Botanics Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face: 329
This is a product from Urban Botanics that works perfectly during summers. The ingredients in this product do not clog the pores as they are non-comedogenic that can help prevent acne, making it the best moisturizer for oily skin and open pores. It makes your skin smooth with the perfect formulation that helps it absorb into your skin quickly.
Key Ingredients: Neem oil extracts, Basil oil extracts.
- SLS and paraben-free.
- Hydrates your skin.
- The fragrance is very mild.
- Available only online.
9. Lotus Herbals Nutramoist Skin Renewal Daily Moisturising Creme, SPF 25: 364
Lotus herbals presents you with the best moisturizer with SPF for oily skin. The antioxidant, antiseptic and astringent properties of alpha hydroxy acid extracted from grapes help heal acne and the scars formed by it. It eliminates the dead skin cells from your surface and gives a glowing effect. It also helps you with tanning and sunburn, along with the softness of your skin, is enhanced.
Key Ingredients: Alpha hydroxy acid extracted from grapes, Cherry extracts, Plum extracts.
- Affordable and readily available.
- Makes your skin soft and supple.
- Attractive packaging.
- It spreads into your skin quickly.
- It has SPF.
- If used in more than the required amount, you may feel sweaty.
10. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion: 375
One of the prominently recommended moisturizing lotions by Dermatologists is Cetaphil moisturizer for oily skin. It works wonders by moisturizing your skin for an extended period without clogging your pores. It helps create a barrier on the skin that protects it from pollutants resulting in a smooth and soft surface. It doesn’t leave a greasy feeling on your skin that locks up the moisture.
Key Ingredients: Macadamia nut oil, Vitamin E.
- Affordable and readily available.
- Dermatologists recommend it.
- PH balanced.
- Although it is suitable for all skin types, it might not suit extremely oily skin.
[See More: Popular Moisturizers in India]
11. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer: 423
This is a product from Plum green that is very light and offers multiple uses to your skin. Green tea extracts help regulate the oxidation process that helps eliminate the dead cells unclogging the pores as a result of preventing the formation of acne. Glycolic acid helps to keep your skin clear and smooth. The formulation is proved to be the perfect choice of moisturizer for oily skin. It also gives your surface the much-needed hydration along with a beautifying matte finish.
Key Ingredients: Green tea extracts, Glycolic acid.
- Paraben and silicon-free.
- It hydrates your skin in a balanced way.
- It gives you clear skin.
- Prevents acne.
- Some people may not like its fragrance.
12. Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturiser: 432
Neutrogena moisturizer for oily skin is an oil-free option for people who would want soft and supple skin. It also has SPF 15 that protects your surface from harmful sun rays resulting in smooth skin. The formulation of this product is non-greasy that helps unclog your pores without leaving any residue. This fragrance-free moisturizer is gentle on your skin that gives you all-day moisturization.
Key Ingredients: Octisalate, Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, Octocrylene.
- It has hypoallergenic ingredients.
- Moisturizes your skin all day.
- Affordable and readily available.
- It has SPF 15.
13. Biotique Saffron Dew Visibly Ageless Moisturizer: 462
It is a moisturizer by Biotique with all-natural ingredients that is suitable to use in all seasons. It can be considered the best moisturizer for oily skin as it has a formulation from the blends of oil extracts from pistachio, saffron, and almonds. This blend nourishes your skin all-day, resulting in a youthful complexion by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Key Ingredients: Almond oil, Pure Saffron, Turmeric, Pistachio oil, Wild Turmeric extracts, Cream base Q.S.
- Natural ingredients.
- Gives you radiant skin.
- Paraben and chemical-free.
- Affordable and readily available.
14. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Face Moisturizer: 2054
Clean & Clear presents us with a gel-based moisturizer for oily skin that hydrates and moisturizes your skin. Another speciality of this product is that unlike other products in the market, this is a water-based moisturizer for acne-prone skin that replenishes your skin with all the necessary nutrients. You can use this moisturizer daily for a burst of morning freshness.
Key Ingredients: Cucumber extracts, Green mango extracts.
- It doesn’t clog your pores.
- Moisturizes your skin gently.
- It blends into your skin quickly.
15. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: 5559
As the name suggests for a dramatic change in your skin, use a moisturizer by Clinique. This is a gel moisturizer for oily skin that that easily absorbed into your surface, maintaining the balance, especially for people with oily skin. It also creates a barrier on your skin that makes your skin resilient with the help of the key ingredients. It also exfoliates your skin thoroughly so that your skin can lock-in moisture for a long time.
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, Sunflower seed cake, Cucumber fruit extract, Barley extracts.
- It hydrates your skin for around 8 hours.
- It is absorbed quickly into your skin.
- Works wonders for oily skin.
- Paraben and phthalates-free.
[See More: Best Moisturizers For Dry Skin]
How To Use Moisturizers For Oily Skin:
Unless there is a specified instruction at the back of the bottle about the usage, you can follow these steps:
- Wash your face, hands, and pat them dry.
- Take some moisturizer into your hands and apply it on your face, neck, and hands in a circular motion.
- Make sure you apply in little amounts and not in excess.
Oily skin also needs all the essential skincare to keep it from becoming a greasy pan-like. A moisturizer that meets all the needs of your oily skin will be a fantastic option. With the plethora of moisturizers for oily skin options, the decision to make a choice will become much easier for you. So, without much hesitation, go on and choose the one that suits all your needs and let us know how it has worked out!
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. What does your oily skin need in a moisturizer?
Ans: It is necessary to form a layer of protection on your oily skin to protect it from pollutants. The moisturizer hydrates your skin by reducing the production of excess oil without leaving any greasy effect.
Q2. How to choose a moisturizer for your oily skin?
Ans: It is important to remember to purchase a non-oily moisturizer. Some of the ingredients that you should be looking out for in a moisturizer for oily skin are tea tree oil, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, hyaluronic acid, etc.
Q3. How does a moisturizer designed for oily skin work?
Ans: Any moisturizer that is designed specifically for oily skin. These moisturizers for oily skin hydrated without making it anymore greasy and keeps your surface healthy too. Remember to avoid the products that have petroleum.