Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth is one of the most popular ingredients known for its medicinal and cosmetic benefits. It was originally used for cleaning industrial impurities due to its high potency to absorb excess oil and grease. Multani Mitti gets its name from the place of origin “Multan”, in Pakistan. The clay was naturally available in abundant quantities and has an array of benefits for the hair and skin but in this article, you will know some multani mitti side effects.
Multani Mitti is made with fine silicates and many minerals. It renders an elastic texture when mixed with water and can be used to attain beautiful, smooth and shiny hair. Some people also consume Multani mitti internally to treat certain ailments like acidity. However, the question of Multani Mitti side effects will be discussed in detail in the article.
What are the essentials that frame this mud? It has a high content of aluminium, magnesium and silicate clay minerals plus additional elements.
The English name of Multan is Fuller’s, Earth Clay. The forename is derived from the very old utilize of this clay as a material for cleansing or ‘fulling’ wool by English textile workers named “fullers”. A few folks call this clay as the ‘bleaching clay.’ It is commonly found in India where this clay is named to as Multani mitti.
Multani Mitti Side Effects On Skin and Health:
The common questions when coming to Multani mitti side effects are:
1. Is It Secure On Dry or Else Sensitive Skin?
2. Is Fuller’s Earth Secure To Eat?
- You have to know that the Multani mitti is not good for dry skin otherwise excessively sensitive skin. It might dry out your skin because of its high absorbing power. So, you can add almond plus milk to decrease any cruel result on dry skin. On the other hand, you may want to try kaolin clay that is known to calm.
- Multani mitti face pack side effects come up too. It usually dries up your skin and your skin become bereft of moisture.
- Owing to its elevated cooling property, fuller’s earth might reason respiratory troubles. This is particularly when used on the chest region as a stick to relieve the belongings of high temperatures as well as sunburns.
Consumption Of Multan Mitti:
When coming to the consumption of Multani mitti, The bigger questions are:
1. can we Consume Multani Mitti?
2. Does Consumption of Fuller’s Earth Contain Any Health Advantage?
3. Is It Safe To Consume Multan Mitti During Pregnancy?
- Normally this clay is not protected for consumption. Ingesting this soil might consequence to stop up or blocked intestines. Consumption of fuller’s earth can also reason for kidney stones. Do you have an odd hunger for the non-food substance or else substances which are of no nutritional worth?
- You possibly pain from a medical disorder recognized as pica. It is usual for healthy pregnant women to long for non-food items for example brick, chalk, paper etc.
- On the other hand, if the desire for fuller’s earth is strong otherwise abnormal, it is suggested that you ask your medical practitioner for some fundamental difficulty.
Besides side effects, Multani mitti offers several benefits and some of them are as follows;
- Multani mitti reduces sun tan plus pigmentation caused by extreme contact with the sun.
- Fuller’s earth has refining properties as well as removes toxin plus oil from the scalp.
- Hot plus cold compresses Multani mitti can use as a cold or else hot compress as an action for bug bites, burns as well as muscle cramps otherwise still menstrual pain.
Read: Best Multani Mitti Soaps
Side Effects Of Eating Multani Mitti:
- You shouldn’t eat Multani mitti. Your stomach does not have the necessary materials to digest the elements contained in Multani mitti. This means you can have serious indigestion issues.
- The second thing is, it is ‘dirt’. It is a rock that has many essential nutrients and minerals that is dangerous for the human intestine.
- Neither should you add them to your drink or salad. No! It sure doesn’t help. The only way it will help is applying to your skin with some face pack.
- Some dangerous disadvantages of Multani Mitti are that its consumption can lead to poisoning and intestinal bleeding. It can also result in muscle weakness and skin sores.
- Multani Mitti can also lead to breathing problems caused by choking of your tract.
Side Effects Of Eating Multani Mitti During Pregnancy:
Eating Multani mitti is also not safe during pregnancy. It can cause some serious health and stomach issues. It will cause serious intestinal and digestive issues. Merely, it will adversely affect the baby and the mother and it is at best to stay away from eating Multani mitti whether you are pregnant or not.
Fuller’s earth has numerous health benefits for skin and health. However, a lot of people has a habit of eating Multani Mitti, which can lead to severe complications. It is commonly believed that Multani Mitti is an elixir to all problems and most people believe in its magical power. They regularly consume Multani Mitti in water or milk and start believing that their problems are getting treated. This is a dangerous practice and repeating this practice for the long term can lead to serious health issues and may even prove to be fatal. If you love Multani Mitti, better restrict it to your hair and skin only!