Our colon, popularly known as large intestine is a vital part of the digestive system which is responsible for absorption of all the goodness of the foods we consume. It is therefore necessary to have it healthy for a better living. However, we tend to ignore the rule and eat food that is more desirable to the tongue than to the stomach. This leads to improper bowel movements and problems like acidity, diarrhea, ulcers etc. Therefore, occasionally the need is to clear the colon and perform a maintenance activity to keep it functioning at its best.
Amazing Natural Juices for Colon Cleansing:
Here are a few easy ways to make healthy Juices for Colon Cleansing.
1. Aloe Vera Juice:
Aloe Vera has laxative property and is an excellent ingredient for detoxification. To prepare the juice:
- Cut an Aloe Vera vertically and remove the pulp from it.
- In a blender, add the pulp, one lemon’s juice. Blend thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before consuming.
This juice blend can be consumed up to three times a day for detoxification.
2. Apple Juice:
Apple juice induces bowel movement which leads to thorough cleansing. To prepare the juice:
- Peel the apple and blend, strain to make fresh apple juice.
- In half a cup of this juice, add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and half a teaspoon of ginger juice.
- In a glassful of warm water add the above mixture and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
Consume it on empty stomach and preferably before lunch and snacks. A glass sweet fresh apple juice will refresh you each time it is consumed.
3. Beetroot and Grapes Juice:
Beetroot is an excellent cleanser and also helps in increase haemoglobin, keeping any kind of weakness at bay. To prepare the juice:
- In a blender take 2 beetroots, half cup water and about 25-30 grapes.
Blend till smooth.
- Pour in a glass and add half teaspoon mint juice and salt as per taste.
Drink this during breakfast or lunch. The quantities of grapes and beetroot can be altered to meet the need of your taste buds. If the beetroot is too sweet, a few drops of lemon juice can be added to improve the taste.
4. Pineapple and Kiwi Detox:
Like its colour, this juice is a great way to brighten up your day. To prepare the juice:
- Take a small peeled and cored sliced pineapple, a medium kiwi, about an inch of peeled ginger and a cupful of diced papaya(optional)
- Blend all the ingredients and pour in a jar
- Add about a cupful of fresh coconut water. Serve.
Since the blend is easy on the stomach it aids any congestion that might have occurred overnight. Thus, it is advisable on empty stomach.
5. Spinach and Coconut Blend:
Both spinach and coconut have high potassium and are great cleansers. The combination is therefore advised after a serious work out. To prepare the blend:
- Take a small to medium sized coconut, a handful of fresh green spinach and green kale, 1/2 banana.
- Crack the coconut and put the water and flesh in the blender.
- Add spinach, kale and banana too.
- Blend till smooth. Serve.
This juice is an instant energy provider and the spinach as we all know is a great cleanser. Coconut introduces sweetness in the blend making it an interesting combination.
6. Lemon Juice:
The citrus nature of lemon helps clear the inner linings of colon and keeps its functioning well. It is also rich in vitamin C which is an added benefit. To prepare the mix:
- In a glass, take a tablespoon of honey add a pinch of pink rock salt and juice of a lemon.
- Stir till smooth and then pour lukewarm water till the brim.
- Drink on empty stomach.
Problems related to bowel movements and acidity will disappear like magic. If drinking the entire glass seems tough, eat up the honey and lemon mix and drink water separately.
7. Raw Veggies Juice:
Vegetables of all kinds help keep the colon clean because of the fibrous nature. To prepare the juice:
- Take vegetables like beetroot, cucumber, tomato, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, parsley etc.
Blend till smooth.
- Add some salt (if the need be) and consume.
Natural and home-made juice is the best compared to the ready to drink counterparts in the market. Squeeze in a little lemon juice to add the tangy flavour
8. Watermelon Juice:
Watermelons not only hydrate the system, but also cleanse the digestive system thoroughly. To prepare the juice:
- Take a small to medium watermelon cut into small chunks.
- Do not remove seeds.
- Blend three times for a second or two.
- Pour and consume immediately.
Do not refrigerate after juicing. For a cold alternative add 5-6 ice cubes while blending. Another unique combination would be adding a few mint leaves’ paste before blending for a refreshing minty taste.
9. Psyllium Husk and Ginger Blend:
Psyllium Husk is beneficial to regulate bowel movements and its combination with ginger helps in thorough cleansing. To prepare:
- Juice a few apples to make about a big glass of fresh juice.
- Add a teaspoon of ginger paste and 1-2 teaspoon of psyllium husk in a blender along with the apple juice.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour and consume.
Avoid delaying consumption of the juice as the husk may absorb liquid making a lump. This juice can be consumed at night for better reaction.
Simple activities as a part of regular routine like drinking plenty water, eating fibrous food and nutritious fruits can be done to keep the digestive system at its best performance. However if the cleansing need be, it is important to consult an expert before going in for serious diet change to prevent any short term or long term problems. Food allergies should also be taken into consideration before giving in to the cleansing process.