Are those extra pounds making you worried? Is losing weight an issue for you? Not anymore! We present you with an oatmeal diet for weight loss that gives you marvelous results in no time. Weight loss is all about getting healthy and feeling beautiful inside out.
Although there are many diets doing rounds, an oatmeal diet for weight loss is the popular one among them. This is a perfect replacement for foods such as bread, pasta, and other fatty grains. Let us go through this article to get to know about the benefits and variations of an oatmeal diet you can try!
Benefits Of Oatmeal For Weight Loss:
Scientifically called Avena sativa is none other than Oats. You can prepare a healthy diet with the help of oats, as they are whole grains and have adequate fiber. Here are the ways how oats benefit weight loss.
Half cup of boiled oats contain 3 grams protein, 2 grams dietary fiber, 1.5 grams fat, 2 percent calcium, and 6 percent iron.
2. Controls Blood Sugar Level:
It improves insulin sensitivity with the presence of beta-gluten lowering blood-sugar levels.
3. Abundant In Soluble Fiber:
Oats are a rich source of soluble fiber that keeps your blood pressure under control.
Along with other health benefits, the antioxidants in oatmeal improve blood pressure.
5. Low Cholesterol:
Oats help reduce the risk of heart disease.
6. Weight Loss:
Oatmeal diet makes you feel full by slowing down the digestion process resulting in lowering your binge eating, thereby helping you lose weight.
Best Type Of Oats For Weight Loss:
There are several types of oats available in the market that have different textures. You need to choose the sample according to your needs as they have different cooking needs. Here is the best type of oats for weight loss:
- Steel-cut oats.
- Whole oat groats.
- Quick oats.
- Rolled oats.
Best Time To Take Oatmeal:
The vitamins and minerals abundantly available in gluten-free oats make you feel full for an extended period. Eating it mixed up with skimmed milk and fruit for breakfast or oats with yogurt for dinner can be beneficial for your weight loss regime. This fiber-rich food helps you healthily lose weight.
Best Way To Make Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss:
Although you can prepare oatmeal in any way you want, we present you with some variations you can try:
1. Eating Only Oats:
In this particular diet plan, oatmeal helps you lose weight as you will have to consume only oats for three meals for an entire week. Try to consume whole oats and not instant oats. You can add fruits to the oatmeal or have them as snacks too. Eating only oats for weight loss is a perfect and effective way.
2. Oatmeal Water:
Oatmeal is beneficial for weight loss, controls cholesterol in your body, along with many other benefits. It also flushes out all the toxins in your body by regulating your bowel movements, making oatmeal water for weight loss an excellent remedy.
- Take a big bowl and add a half cup of rolled oats along with a stick of cinnamon.
- Soak up the oats in water till they become spongy.
- Put the contents of the bow in a blender along with some water and vanilla extract.
- Blend the contents thoroughly, until it forms a paste.
- Strain the contents and add some honey according to your taste.
3. Oats And Egg Diet:
Oats and egg diet for weight loss is useful and a tasty way to reach your goal. The two main ingredients in this recipe are oats and egg along with vegetables provide you with enough fiber, lean protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Prepare a powder of oats with a blender.
- Take a bowl and add the oats flour along with salt, pepper, turmeric and mix it well.
- Prepare a smooth batter with the help of milk or water.
- Add eggs to the batter and whisk it till it forms a smooth dough without lumps.
- You can add thinly sliced and sauteed vegetables.
- Prepare an omelet with the batter mixture.
4. Oats With Curd:
The calcium in curd along with the fiber content in oats make oats with curd for weight loss an excellent combination to attain your dream.
- Take half a cup of rolled oats in a bowl.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and let the oats soak up.
- Add curd to the fluffy oats and mix it well.
- You can add grated carrot, salt, and little tempering to elevate the taste.
5. Oats With Fruit:
Oats with fruits for weight loss is an easy way to prepare a yummy and fulfilling breakfast. The addition of fruits to the oats mixture adds to the taste and gives your body all the required nutrients.
- Take a pan and add a half bowl of rolled oats along with half spoon of cinnamon powder.
- Add hot water and bring it to boil.
- Mix the contents well and put the stoves in simmer.
- Add the fruit of your choice to the bowl.
- Let the water get absorbed, making the oats soft and fluffy.
6. Oats With Milk And Honey:
Oats with milk are a perfect breakfast option, especially for weight loss. The calcium in milk adds to the nutrients oats have that give your body enough nourishment.
- Take a bowl of milk and bring it to boil.
- Add half a cup of oats to the milk.
- Whisk it continuously without forming lumps.
- Switch off the stove once oats gelatinize.
- Remember to use low fat or skimmed milk so that it is beneficial for weight loss.
- Add some honey according to your taste.
7. Oats With Jaggery:
Jiggery is a rich source of iron, and when combined with oats, it gives you all the power-packed nutrients your body needs for a healthy and nourishing meal. You can prepare cookies, porridge with this combination.
Oatmeal Diet Plan For Weight Loss:
- In this step, you will have to eat only oatmeal for a week three meals a day.
- Adding skimmed milk can enhance the taste.
- By following this type of diet, you will be able to maintain 900 to 1200 calories per day.
- It reduces the calorie count and helps you in weight loss.
- Be sure to avoid instant and processed oatmeal.
- Oatmeal diet lasts for as long as 30 days, and you can introduce other foods into this diet.
- Instant oatmeal can also be consumed, but keep in mind that the calorie count doesn’t exceed 1300 calories.
- The absorption of fat is prevented by consuming oatmeal that is abundant in fiber, thereby helping you gain only a few pounds.
- You can consume snacks such as vegetables and fruits low in starch. Some veggies you can munch on are cucumber, carrots, celery, and pepper.
- Along with Oatmeal diet, as we all know, work out regime is necessary to extract the result you want.
- Exercises help tone your body by building your muscle strength.
- Drink ample amounts of water.
- Try to avoid the junk that may disrupt your diet and workout regime.
The oatmeal diet is a cost-effective and straightforward way of losing weight. All the ingredients used in this process are readily available, making oatmeal for weight loss a perfect and healthy option. With all the variants we have provided you in this article, you can start following this diet plan. Do let us know how this article has helped you!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article are suggestions. Make sure you are not allergic to anything before you start implementing this diet plan. Consult a doctor if you have a severe allergic reaction.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can An Oatmeal Diet Be Dangerous?
Ans: Any diet plan that restricts your diet to one type of food can be dangerous since they affect your metabolism. Any diet that restricts your nutrient intake is disadvantageous. Therefore, remember to add enough vegetables and fruits to your oatmeal so that you get enough nourishment.
2. What Is The Procedure To Prepare Overnight Oats?
Ans: This is a perfect and yummy recipe you can try that suits people who don’t have time to prepare it in the early hours. Soak a cup of rolled oats in warm milk, add some honey, and top it up with fruits of your choice. Refrigerate the preparation and enjoy a chilled breakfast in the morning.
3. Do Gluten-free Oats Have Side Effects?
Ans: Oats are a rich source of fiber and tend to have gastrointestinal disturbances if it is introduced to a person who was previously on a low-fiber diet. To avoid any such effects, try adding oats slowly and consistently into your diet so that you can enjoy the food without facing any problems.