Yoga is an ancient Indian practice that involves body movements and breathing exercises. Power Yoga is a new branch in the school of Yoga, and it includes the actions of Yoga at a fast pace. If you are looking to lose weight, there are several Power Yoga Poses for Weight Loss that you must try. Power Yoga is hugely beneficial as it improves your cardiovascular system and helps in purifying your lungs. Power Yoga is a fast paced technique of Yoga that involves sweating. Sweating helps in purifying your body of toxins, and in clarifying the skin. Several Power Yoga Steps for Weight Loss include exercises that involve the stomach muscles. This helps in getting rid of the accumulated fat. Power yoga for weight loss has several benefits to the body and is a modern interpretation of the age-old form of fitness. It is beneficial for young adults and women who are trying to lose weight. Older people need to be signed clear from their physicians to practice Power Yoga.
Power yoga is measured to be one of the best usual ways of losing weight. It is therapeutically safe and has no side effects. Power yoga is an umbrella class of Yoga that contains vigorous and active Bikram and Ashtanga yoga. In power yoga, you will hurry over a flowing series of yoga poses that are related together with flat, deep breathing.
Benefits of Power Yoga:-
- Increases metabolism
- Burns calories
- Rises flexibility and strength in glutes
- Increases stamina, strength, flexibility, and tones our body and core.
- Eases stress and tension and develops focus.
Best Power Yoga Poses for Weight Loss:
Using dumbbells, however, doing power yoga benefits you to burn more calories. Below we have mentioned 15 best power yoga to lose weight fast along with power yoga weight loss images
1. Wind-Releasing Pose:
- This is an abundant power yoga pose for dropping extra weight from the stomach region. This is also recognized as Pawanmuktasana.
- Lie down on the ground on your back. Boost your right leg in ascending way at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Bend your right leg from your knee and place it on your stomach. Press your leg resolutely alongside your stomach.
- Grasp it with your hands and press it. Release. Repeat the same with left leg too.
- Practice this power yoga for weight loss at home.
2. Side Stretch Pose:
- This Power Yoga Asana for Weight Loss raises your heart rate, burns calories, and benefits in dropping fat from your sides. For this, stance on the ground in the straight pose, hands beside the body, palms down.
- Boost your hands in the rising direction and bounce them upwards.
- Curve to your right side, so extending the right hand near the right side from over your head.
- Repeat the same on the left side, too with ease.
- This is excellent power yoga and weight loss
See More:Yoga for Upper Back Pain Relief
3. Dhanurasana Yoga or Bow Pose:
- Dhanurasana is an excessive yoga movement for toning and dropping additional fat from your arms and legs.
- For this, lie down on the ground on your stomach. Twist your legs from your knees and boost up your legs from behind.
- Arch your back and attempt to grasp your legs with your hands.
- Stay steady for some time and then release. Relax.
- Dhanurasana is one of the best Power Yoga Poses for Fast Weight Loss.
4. Garudasana Yoga Or Eagle Pose For Lose Weight:
- Garudasana is an exact right weight-loss choice for those who daydream of thinner legs, arms, hands, and thighs.
- Stance on the floor in a straight position, hands beside the body.
- Boost your left leg up; pleat it from the knee and bending it around the right leg.
- Raise your hands up, carry them in the opposite of the chest, and cover the left hand around the right side. Look straight. Ease.
- Garudasana, along with others, is one of the best Power Yoga Exercises for Weight Loss.
See More:Knee Pain Exercises Yoga
5. One-Legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose:
- To do this pose, place yourself on all fours. Breathe and press your hips up and back.
- Support your head in line with your neck and involve your core muscles.
- Press your palms into the ground firmly and raise your right leg upwards, as high as you can.
- Grasp the leg in the air for five full breaths, lowering the leg to the ground. Shift sides.
- Thispower yoga asanas for weight loss is an excellent pose to use Power Yoga for Fat Burning.
6. Bhujangasana Yoga or Cobra Pose:
- This pose is a unique trial for solidifying the buttocks and toning the abs.
- Lie down on the ground on your belly, palms located on the floor
- Kick your upper body up, chest off of the floor.
- Curve backward as much as you can. Look up. Remain steady for some time and relax.
See More:SuryaNamaskar by Baba Ramdev
7. Sun Salutation Poses or Surya Namaskar:
- Power yoga for weight loss includes the entire sun salutation process, which starts with the cobra pose, and as you go about the various stretches, you can end the process with the Surya Namaskar.
- The process starts with a basic stretch which then converts into a lunge and then a twist including the downward dog and cobra pose in it.
- End the pose with soft breathing with your arms fold in front of you.
8. Corpse and Boat pose:
- The corpse pose starts with you lying down on your back in a resting pose.
- The next step you sit up halfway while lifting your lower limbs so that a tightness is felt in the abdominal area.
- Outstretch your hands in front of you to support the weight.
- This is one of the best and simplest power yoga poses for fast weight loss.
9. Warrior Twist Pose for Weight Loss:
- Power yoga exercises for weight loss in this yoga posture starts with you standing, your limbs outstretched and wide apart from each other.
- Place one foot in front of the other a good few inches away to create a stretch and then bend just a bit.
- You can now twist the upper body to one side.
10. Uttanpadasana Yoga or Raised Feet Pose:
- Start by lying down on your back and rest, your arms on either side of you.
- Crunch your abdomen and start raising your lower limbs together.
- Raise your limbs until they are perpendicular to your body and remain for two seconds as you hold your abdomen in and tighten it.
- This is one of the essential and most natural power yoga poses for weight loss for even beginners too.
11. Ardha Chandrasana Yoga or Half Moon Pose:
- Here is yet another power yoga poses for weight loss. Here we start with a replica of the downward dog as you stand with your feet and palm touching the ground.
- Now lift one side of your limb high enough to create a stretch and hold the position.
- Repeat the same with the opposite limbs for the next set.
12. Paschimottanasana Yoga or Seated Forward Bend:
- Start by sitting with your legs stretched out in front of you and your hands resting beside you.
- Straighten your spine and now slowly bend forward, trying to grab your toe with your hands.
- Your lower limbs should be straight all this while.
13. Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga or Half Fish Pose:
- Start by sitting on the floor, your legs folded in front of you. Your leg, one of them should be across over the other as you place feet flat on the ground.
- Straighten your spine and now do a half twist with your upper body, your elbow of the twisted arm resting on the knee.
- Repeat the same with the opposite side.
14. Ardha Chakrasana or Half Wheel Pose:
- At first stand in tadasana pose.
- Breathe slowly keeping hands on hips.
- Now bend your upper body in a back bend position.
- Keep feet firm on the ground.
- Bend arms in backward direction keeping both palms joined together.
- Now hang your head without straining your neck.
15. Triangle Pose for Weight Loss:
- This is good power yoga for weight loss for beginners. Stand straight to start this pose.
- Keeping your spine and upper body straight start stretch your leg outward so that you can now feel the stretch from the pull.
- Now start bending down on your side until the palm touches the ground. The other hand can simultaneously support the body by lifting it upwards, straight.
- Repeat with the other side
This article on power yoga for weight loss tries to highlight the benefits of Power Yoga. It is instrumental in losing weight and getting your body back in shape. Power Yoga strengthens your immunity and improves your metabolism. The Power Yoga poses highlighted in the article above help in fat reduction. Power Yoga is the best way to lose weight fast. If this article was helpful, let us know and share it with people who might benefit from it.